Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    How they get their way I'm not sure, but that includes, but not limited to, showing the drop rate publicly, giving an actual reward after drawing X number of random reward, that box gacha model, etc.
    That last one could explain why you get prizes for scratching an X amount of time including a ticket that let's you choose what you want out of those random things you were trying to get. So perhaps PSO2 is not in any sort of trouble after since one could argue that the item you wanted was 1200 yen, but you could get it cheaper if you got it in your first 5 tries. Mind you, that law was passed in 2012 and PSO2's bonus items are fairly recent if I'm not mistaken, so why the hell did SEGA wait so long?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    That last one could explain why you get prizes for scratching an X amount of time including a ticket that let's you choose what you want out of those random things you were trying to get. So perhaps PSO2 is not in any sort of trouble after since one could argue that the item you wanted was 1200 yen, but you could get it cheaper if you got it in your first 5 tries. Mind you, that law was passed in 2012 and PSO2's bonus items are fairly recent if I'm not mistaken, so why the hell did SEGA wait so long?
    Maybe its a safety measure in case displaying chance numbers isn't enough anymore.

Sega always displays those on their scratch website.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPuddles View Post
    Actually no guy, I play literally a hundred different games, most of which have absolutely no RNG. So when I play a loot based game, I want to experience that. Also that was a very bad assumption, since getting a one in a million crazy sweet drop is completely different than risking something for a fair chance at winning more. I don't believe in gambling addiction because it's not a thing. Saying otherwise you're basically saying kleptos, liars, pedos, and abusive assholes aren't scumbags, but people suffering who should get everyones pity. If you'd ever had any experience with what actual addiction is, you would not put a craving for something on nearly the same level, because ABSOLUTELY NOTHING CAN CONTROL ANYBODIES ACTIONS. Mental addiction is a scapegoat for a majority of the world to be pieces of shit.
    see, that thing you just did where you try to say "haha you think gambling addiction is real so pedos must be ok" is the kind of shit addicts say. get help dude.

for anyone else looking, gambling is an entire industry unto itself with teams upon teams of shrinks working to exploit the fuck out of people who are vulnerable for one reason or another to FOMO (fear-of-missing-out) based anxiety or an overbelief of superstition and luck. loot boxes/gacha are the bastard child of this and video game companies have the same sort of marketing teams looking to exploit the same mechanisms through gacha/loot boxes/rng gating/skinner box mechanics etc for various reasons, all profit related.
    Last edited by NightfallG; Dec 2, 2018 at 11:55 PM.

Alright I guess I lied about no more posting about this. (Sort of, this is kind of different.) But please tell me, how am I an addict? I'm curious how much money I've lost due to it, or how much I've fucked up my life now, because I wasn't aware of these things. You're trying to sound smart, but all you can do to counter argue is call me names. I think you are actually just a really shitty person, doing shitty things, hiding behind the actual superstition of a mental addiction. Which is what it is, you believe that mild depression and anxiety from losing something you enjoy a lot, will create some magic physical entity that will force you to do shitty things to get what you want. Because no chemical change in your brain, other than one that begins to make it shut down, can make anybody do anything, it's a fact.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

I'm locking this up since things are starting to get personal.