Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 LastLast

Thread: Phantom vs Hero

You guys don't think Etoile is top tier? Practically invincible as long as you're awake and deals good damage. Nowhere near as punished as hero or phantom for messing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    You guys don't think Etoile is top tier?
    It could be top tier if it had a usable dashing way on a par with crafted Safoie0 but without it it's damn slow or end up with no PP when arrive to destination. So 'cause of this in UH VRTD I'm forced to use Phantom again regardless of it dies like a fry and a single slightest hit takes a half of it's HP bar.

Speaking of Hero - it's dead for UH VRTD, it can dash pretty well but it's AoE sucks and you can steal last hits with Brightness End but no actual dps with it really 'cause it's high cost and poor PP management. BnS spam sucks as always. And still anyways you'll take damage from offscreen attacks so often end up without Hero Boost.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal24 View Post
    Any hero advocates?
    As much as I love Hero, the past few previous posts are absolutely correct. You have much more peace of mind playing Phantom and it is a more versatile class. I was playing Phantom for content much more than Hero before I dropped off PSO2 because it felt like I had to work harder as Hero (especially with how easy you can lose Hero Boost in UH content) just to get similar results I could with Phantom but with less effort

This half-assed Hero Boost buff just isn't enough: skill itself is a disadvantage now more than benefit. At least make it 40% losable boost and 20% permanent.

Brightness End's 40PP cost just for 1 not even fast 80-160k hit? Compared to 20PP SNacht with it's 2 hits 90-180k each, which can be spamed like machine gun with a ring and Luminous Flare for same 40PP makes 5 60-120k hits. It's not even funny. It must cost 25PP maximum but not 40.
    Last edited by Zulastar; May 1, 2020 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    It could be top tier if it had a usable dashing way on a par with crafted Safoie0 but without it it's damn slow or end up with no PP when arrive to destination.
    https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%...82%A3%E3%83%8A

Et PP recovery isn't great though. To my knowledge, the best option is PP Atra EX Gunslash since Et doesn't have a Genon and even if it did, it would probably be slower due to having to Mate/Atomizer to recover your HP.

This is my personal experience and I'm not claiming to be an Et expert but Et damage is okay if not a little on the low side. Don't really think it competes directly with Gu or Ph but you can do a respectable amount with all 3 weapons on bosses and they're very good for easy/relaxed mobbing. Also a great solo class for Divide outside of certain stages/objectives.

Jene-chan, dear, I already know this all. I just mention a thing that can't let Etoile to be marked as top-tier.

I tried Divide quest recently: Etoile just sucks at maps with a lot of movement.

You were saying Et doesn't have good movement options but it does. Asagiri is still one of the best movement tools in the game (I actually think it is the best). The place Et is lacking is PP recovery due to lacking access to the tool every other class has.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

use a stil or a lightstream with flowing grace and you won't have pp issues on et

Switching weapons isn't a variant - it takes just too much time, and without it no options on a par with Safoie0: only slower or high cost one

PS If somebody still don't understand: my Safoie0 costs 16PP, placed on subpanel and can be used regardles of weapon equipped with a single press of separate binded mouse button so I can spam it as much as I want and S2, S3 Flowing grace left me with full PP when I arrive.
    Last edited by Zulastar; May 1, 2020 at 06:13 PM.