Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Default Armada of Demise Expert Mode Requirements

Yeah, the problem is that there are a whole lot of us who are NOT leechers--I come to EQ's with a 7-slot 15* +35 weapon with 3 SSA's, two 5-slot Lightstream units, and a 5-slot Tag Bode, I am sure as Hell not leeching--but can't pass the new expert requirements yet, and Sega has essentially just given us the middle finger with this.

Telling 60% of your player base that they can't have nice things because 10% of your player base are leeching jerks does not make for happy customers.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

It's called expert, not "my gear is good enough".

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    Telling 60% of your player base that they can't have nice things because 10% of your player base are leeching jerks does not make for happy customers.
    So, I don't like the term "leech" being thrown around in this context either, but expert mode isn't a need or a "nice thing", that people are entitled to. That's the whole point, people don't want to have to carry as hard, and saying that it's not fair that there's even a basic requirement for expert mode is completely missing the point.

If you think you're good enough to play with expert players then you should be able to complete the requirements. Especially with gear like that.

EDIT: There's something to be said about how poorly expert mode actually does its job though, since there's nothing stopping someone from completing it and then using a class they're bad with or undergeared, or straight up actually leeching.

Which reminds me. Leeching isn't about not being good enough guys, it's about intentionally not helping. Someone doing their best isn't leeching, even if their best is only 50% of everyone else. _(:3
    Last edited by Kondibon; May 30, 2019 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    It's supposed to only require either Sector 1 or 2 complete once to join Sector 3, is it not working like that?

There's more to leeching than gear you know?

I've seen enough corpses in UH expert as is that I wouldn't trust anyone who can't handle solo Phanatics.
    1) There is a difference between someone who is not a top-tier player and someone who is leeching. If you don't understand that, you're so far off into elitist-land that there is no reasoning with you.

2). I have no problem staying alive in UH quests. It's not really that hard. The so-called expert match requirements have very.little to do with the skills you need to survive and succeed in normal content - even in UH. In my one run of this EQ so far, I died ONE time, right at the start of Sector 1, by getting one-shotted by something I thought was just background scenery and not an actual threat (which obviously something that will only happen the first time running the quest).

3). My complaint isn't with the existence of expert match (I don't think it is a good idea in general, but that is off-topic),or even with the expert match requirements (though I think they do a very poor job of judging how well someone really plays the game). My complaint is with the design of the EQ being such that only players with expert match have a realistic chance of getting the drop rate boosts in Sector 3 from repeated runs, meaning Sega is basically cutting ~70% of the player bsse out of the good rewards. THAT is telling the bulk of your player base that you really don't give a damn about their experience.

4). Of course I was running it in UH. What would be the point of running it in a lower difficulty? The whole reason to do EQ's is the reward, so why would I run it in a difficulty that doesn't offer the best rewards? Besides, I run Ultra explorations all the time and don't have problems there, even in non-expert MPA's.

Am I one of the very best players out there? No, I'm not. But I'm not awful, either, and I'm not leeching. There are a lot of players out there like me who aren't "expert", but we put in the effort and we're decent players. The design of this EQ penalizes us for being that. That's all I'm saying.
    Ship 2:

I think that it's more than just leeching or not leeching.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    I think that it's more than just leeching or not leeching.
    I think you did not read my complaint very well.

I AM NOT ASKING TO BE GIFTED INTO EXPERT MATCH.

I am saying the EQ design is slanted to favor those who have expert match too much.

Some of y'all need to quit putting words in my mouth.
    Last edited by Stormwalker; May 30, 2019 at 02:37 PM.
    Ship 2:

Yeah, the problem is that there are a whole lot of us who are NOT leechers--I come to EQ's with a 7-slot 15* +35 weapon with 3 SSA's, two 5-slot Lightstream units, and a 5-slot Tag Bode, I am sure as Hell not leeching--but can't pass the new expert requirements yet, and Sega has essentially just given us the middle finger with this.

Perhaps the term "expert" has escaped you, not " i could try, but i won't" tag

So, obviously, if you can't pass the expert check, then you're not an expert. i mean it's a pretty basic concept. i said leechers because people who aren't experts, and just sat back while they were carried to get that tag then joins MPAs to drag it down, was obviously a problem. i did not say you specifically were one of those, i stated the problem it was causing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosslass View Post
    Since you're so well geared and lack skill to even use it to gain expert; you should get your brain checked out. The requirement isn't even that hard.
    Not everyone has the same type of "skill". It is very common to have great expertise in one department and consider it to be easy and wonder why everyone else cannot perform the same, and have low expertise in something that others can perform without effort.

The new Expert requirements require that players have mostly great reflexes to avoid failure, and then good judgement on what actions to perform to maximize damage output when reflexes are not required, so as to get S rank. A player may have reflexes in the order of F1 drivers (ie ~0.1sec) but struggling to learn what PA/Tech to use depending on situation (or what build/spec to use, what weapons/affixes etc). And on the other hand, a player may have the skill to be able to easily determine the build etc. required for a specific challenge/situation, yet have low reflexes and therefore die to enemy attacks because they couldn't avoid them on time. There are even more types of "skill" required for video games (memorization, inventory management, coordination with actions of other players, prediction of enemy counteraction depending on player's action etc.), but those are not required or tested for Expert Matching in PSO2.

I think I had said it in another thread, but with the Expert requirements becoming harsher, the majority of players from god-tier all the way to "I don't know what's going on" will experience higher quality[*] runs. The players who will have worse experience are those who were Experts before but not now. Here's an eye-tormenting graph done in Paint to explain what I mean:

Spoiler!

[*] By quality, I mean faster dps
    Last edited by Dark Mits; May 30, 2019 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Engrish borken

1) There is a difference between someone who is not a top-tier player and someone who is leeching. If you don't understand that, you're so far off into elitist-land that there is no reasoning with you.

2). I have no problem staying alive in UH quests. It's not really that hard. The so-called expert match requirements have very.little to do with the skills you need to survive and succeed in normal content - even in UH. In my one run of this EQ so far, I died ONE time, right at the start of Sector 1, by getting one-shotted by something I thought was just background scenery and not an actual threat (which obviously something that will only happen the first time running the quest).

3). My complaint isn't with the existence of expert match (I don't think it is a good idea in general, but that is off-topic),or even with the expert match requirements (though I think they do a very poor job of judging how well someone really plays the game). My complaint is with the design of the EQ being such that only players with expert match have a realistic chance of getting the drop rate boosts in Sector 3 from repeated runs, meaning Sega is basically cutting ~70% of the player bsse out of the good rewards. THAT is telling the bulk of your player base that you really don't give a damn about their experience.

4). Of course I was running it in UH. What would be the point of running it in a lower difficulty? The whole reason to do EQ's is the reward, so why would I run it in a difficulty that doesn't offer the best rewards? Besides, I run Ultra explorations all the time and don't have problems there, even in non-expert MPA's.

Am I one of the very best players out there? No, I'm not. But I'm not awful, either, and I'm not leeching. There are a lot of players out there like me who aren't "expert", but we put in the effort and we're decent players. The design of this EQ penalizes us for being that. That's all I'm saying.
    Oh I see, if experts complain they're being matched with people worse than them, they're elitists. But if non-experts complain you're being matched with people worse than you it's fine, because it's those people that are the leechers. It's all so clear now.

You're missing out on a drop rate boost, well so what. The rares can still drop, they can still be exchanged with medals. You're getting less because you put in less. If you don't like it then go take a half hour and clear the reqs.

And really, the reqs are a poor judge of how you play the game? Don't die, clear it within x time. What's this EM want for your Sector 3 drop boosts? Clear it fast! You know what helps for that? Clearing fast. Not dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Priest View Post
    Perhaps the term "expert" has escaped you, not " i could try, but i won't" tag

So, obviously, if you can't pass the expert check, then you're not an expert. i mean it's a pretty basic concept. i said leechers because people who aren't experts, and just sat back while they were carried to get that tag then joins MPAs to drag it down, was obviously a problem. i did not say you specifically were one of those, i stated the problem it was causing.
    I'm well aware of the concept, thanks. And I wasn't carried to get the previous Expert Match requirements, thank you. Yes, I did it in a party, but I was the only member of that party who never died in that entire run. As a Fighter. And yes, I was using LB every time it was up. Contrary to what you may think, I do not suck at this game. I just struggle with Phaleg snd her damned damage floor. Just that one fight.

But it's OK. I honestly wouldn't mind not having expert match if this EQ had a design that made it possible to get decent rewards without it. All I'm saying is that the EQ design gives the shaft to players who don't have expert match. That is all I am saying!

For crying out loud, if you disagree with me that's fine but I'm getting really sick of people responding like I am claiming I'm entitled to being in expert, because that is not what I am saying.

That said, it really kind of sucks that those of us who aren't "expert" players get shouldered with the burden of carrying that small minority who can't be bothered to grind their freakin' gear.
    Ship 2: