Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast

Default Expert mode requirement : Directory, help and Q&A

OK, since I've seen a lot of antagonizing regarding expert, I've decided to make a thread that's more aimed towards helping each other.
    It's mostly a directory, regrouping various optimal or less optimal clears of both Destroyers of Light and Phanatical Phantoms. If anyone has good suggestion of extra footage, be sure to post it and I will include it in the directory !

I intend this to also be a thread dedicated to helping people. First and foremost tho

Guiderules

- Be precise and thorough in your questioning. Nobody will help you if you just say "This is 2 hard" or "I don't do enough damage" You'll have to specify your class, your state (HP/PP weapon and units, the finer details of affixes actually doesn't really matter so you can skip it) what stage/ part of a fight you find problematic( example: I have trouble with that pattern/ clearing that phase fast enough). If you can actually record what bothers you, it would make things even better !

- In the same vein, anyone deciding to answer in case I don't, will have to be respectful and avoid needlessly antagonizing the other, as well as be constructive, and answer the questions as clearly and thoroughly as possible. While suggestions for gear upgrades are accepted, they will have to be in the reasonable scope (do not ask a newer player to go farm a full set of Lightstream)

-Obvious one, but shitposting or any post not pertaining to the subject at end won't be tolerated either. Stay civil, folks.

I'm not a moderator, but I will certainly call on one if people break those guidelines, and should it happen repeatedly, I will lock the thread.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 2, 2019 at 10:07 AM.

Directory

Phanatical Phantom

Spoiler!

Destroyers of Light

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jul 27, 2019 at 05:26 PM.

wtf? theres nothing cheese about my outdated hr 2 min

and to contribute this is my 8 min guides right when the trigger came out

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Flaoc; Jun 2, 2019 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    wtf? theres nothing cheese about my outdated hr 2 min

and to contribute this is my 8 min guides right when the trigger came out

Spoiler!
    thanks for the contribution, also this is actually a mislink, this should have been above with the 3:27 run, and the cheese run just got lost in the copypaste nightmare xD. Fixed now
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 2, 2019 at 10:54 AM.

Ph Mom/Desu. Rifle : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7906F6C-gVM not mine so I don't know if it's ok to be used in list?

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    Ph Mom/Desu. Rifle : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7906F6C-gVM not mine so I don't know if it's ok to be used in list?
    Any public run is fine !

Wow, you actually recording doing quests for all the classes? Wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Wow, you actually recording doing quests for all the classes? Wicked.
    No I'm far from good enough to show this, although I did S rank both quests with all classes. I think it's better to share more optimized runs, especially considering how my levels of proficiency aren't that high on some classes (looking at you Bouncer). The goal is to share already recorded run of various weapons and class weapons to get decent reference for your class, then attempt the quest and use this thread to see strategies you could tweak to fit your gears and needs, ways to deal with some things in a slower but safer way and so on.

I had been debating on doing the exact thread for the past few days to help people out but as I settled some time today to do it, you got the jump on it. Good work my man
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    No I'm far from good enough to show this, although I did S rank both quests with all classes. I think it's better to share more optimized runs, especially considering how my levels of proficiency aren't that high on some classes (looking at you Bouncer). The goal is to share already recorded run of various weapons and class weapons to get decent reference for your class, then attempt the quest and use this thread to see strategies you could tweak to fit your gears and needs, ways to deal with some things in a slower but safer way and so on.
    Highly optimized runs often aren't the best thing to show. Taking for example Hu/Fi clear by Me-ri, he jumps into Deus fight by emptying his PP bar to get Lighstream pot bonus damage going then parries several attacks, his way oversized damage numbers cause really early phase switch which he does the optimal 4 ignite parryings on and the fight ends without Deus getting to use his other attacks. A beginner won't be able to pull it off because of damage number differences, and of course he might have trouble getting the execution down in limited time or tries by XQ passes, since the Deus phase change counter is tricky to pull and if not successful, will probably kill you. The PP bar dumping also obviously relies on LS and doesn't work with other weapons. Similarly some more varied runs by players using different runs or for example not relying on just taking most of the damage in stage 4 would be good too. The more the better generally.
    Last edited by vantpers; Jun 2, 2019 at 02:27 PM.