Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Force could have better chances to apply status effects but that seems way past due. 170% chance from PF skill shuld have been percent based like Techers wand skill does (ie 30% or so). That or a skill to go beyond max element (like 75%) on rods/tails/wands.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I mean status effect chance boosts would be fine if they handled status effects better; if status-stunned enemies counted for chase-related skills, if you could still apply a status effect to a boss even if its not a stun, just kinda anything to help that out. freeze and poison ignition would feel pretty fun to actually use if we had a decent opportunity to actually use em, as well as the skill points to properly invest in them. like who doesn't want to freeze an entire room of enemies, then pretend their character turns around, closes their eyes, snaps their fingers, and everything behind them shatters.

like they realized they accidentally designed hunter sword into a corner with sacbite; instead of it being a bonus, they had fallen into a hole of sword damage being balanced with assumption you always have sacbite's buff active. so then they fixed it by giving it a different buff and boosting sword damage across the board to compensate. now I just want them to realize they need to apply this logic to skills like flame tech short charge, and just the elemental masteries in general

IMO magic techers and force can be more relevant if the status efects can stack for both players and enemies

imagine being under burn and poison at the same time , or shock and panic (main reasons why i have hunter passive : pretty good on any combination that does not involve magic)

also another thing the game need its more enemies with changeable resistances , common anga fungarde its the only enemy with that capacity , and i remember subclass weapons were a thing back in EP3 .

hell now in the last LQ i was carry my friends as summoner , while they got nullify their main weapons and didnt had a decent alternative .

it was fun :,)

Status effects are difficult to balance because:

1) Trash mobs do not live long enough for status effects to be meaningful. So this leaves just bosses

2a) Burn / Poison: Damage is relevant to target maxHP. This means that it is useless to actively go for Burn/Poison by using a lower-dps Technique with higher Burn/Poison rate on even a lot of bosses, especially those lower than lvl91. At the same time, Sega has had to give Burn/Poison immunity to a lot of enemies with massive hp in the order of hundred million (like the lvl91/96 bosses) to prevent "cheesing" them. If Burn/Poison damage was scaling off player's T-atk (or some other stat) to work as a damage-over-time effect in addition to the other Techs thrown from the player, it would make for more interesting playstyle, and it would be easier to balance it as well.

2b) Freeze / Panic: This just makes the enemy a sitting duck (Freeze) or a walking duck (Panic) for a couple seconds. It has no important effect in the outcome of a fight, unless it is an enemy that moves frantically a lot (like Rheo Madulard / Nepto Kassadora and their UH counterparts). Can these enemies even be Frozen? So far I haven't seen that in Beach Wars runs.
    For all other enemies, it is not even useful to actively go for it.

2c) Mirage: This just makes some enemy attacks to miss, similarly to Deband drink's "Randomly Negate Damage". There is no major benefit since most players would pretty much not get hit anyway, or if they would get hit then all passive lifestealing options would just bring them back to full anyway. Mirage is for nearly all purposes useless.

2d) Shock: I have never seen any enemy stutter like players do. Please inform me if it does happen, and which bosses are susceptible to it (and even funnier, drop to the ground face first [I know Cougar does, but that falls into the point below 2e]).

2e) Jellen: This debuff / status effect is more useful in order to activate extra damage from effects on Jellen'ed enemies than for the actual 5% attack reduction of the boss.

For the above reasons, Sega had to make an additional rule for many bosses to enter a "stunned" phase if hit by a status effect of the element they are weak on.

In my opinion:
    - Some Techniques (the ones with less damage potential) should receive higher status effect inflicting rate, while others should have their chances reduced maybe down to 0 (the ones used for damage).
    - Chance to inflict status should depend on the Technique used, the enemy vulnerabilities, and it should scale as a check of caster's T-atk vs enemy T-def, or a DEX check.
    - Duration of status effects should also be scaling according to said caster vs enemy check. Imagine a very simplified formula of: (Caster_Tatk / Target_Tdef) * random [0 ... 1] and the result is in seconds. This would make debuffs from more "powerful" players have on average longer duration.
    - Damage of Burn and Poison ticks should scale depending on caster's T-atk, and not target's maxHP.
    - Freeze could slow enemy animation by 70% instead of making them entirely immobile, in order to not make it overpowered, and also give 3 times as much more time to prepare for dangerous attacks.
    - Panic should act as a threat reset on bosses instead of making the enemy just walk around
    - Shock should prevent the enemy from using its abilities with long "charge" time (the ones which are usually telegraphed as a warning).
    - Multiple different status effects should be able to be applied at the same time, instead of overwriting each other. It's annoying trying to Burn a boss so that it receives 700k damage per tick, and then someone else Panics or Mirages the enemy before the first tick.

Force isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. Sure Rod Phantom is fast and safe, but Force still does great damage. Fo/Ph and Fo/Fi buffs are welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by shiina View Post
    No, Fo doesn't work fine, there's plenty of other issues the class has been struggling for quite a while now (like the ones I mentioned before), with no apparent intention on sega's part to fix them.
    Force has the best PP regen in the game if you stand still, albeit it's pretty dated but this has only been an issue since UH since it's harder to stand still. Tech parry ring could be better I agree. I don't think Fo has a long downtime either as Force doesn't live and die off it's level 85 skill and still does fine damage and build compounds effectively without it.

IMO the only problems with Force are, fire techs suck (even though fire would probably be irrelevant anyway), tech parry ring being fairly useless in UH, and Talis is useless (even though it can stay dead for all I care), and there's a bunch of useless status effect skills on the tree (Those are more irrelevant than Fire techs so no worries there). So essentially, tech parry is the only problem Fo has that's super apparent and relevant to current content. An all guard on Force for .60s would be too broken probably. Making Tech parry with only frontal and some side guard frames for the entire .60s (same as Nabarta-0) would probably be the ideal balance. Having Tech Parry work like either of those would also help with any PP problems as it makes it easier to stand still.

It would be awesome if SEGA made status effects more meaningful and had a class built around status effects. That would be unique and interesting. At this stage in the game that's never going to happen though

Quote Originally Posted by UniverseLover View Post
    Force isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination. Sure Rod Phantom is fast and safe, but Force still does great damage. Fo/Ph and Fo/Fi buffs are welcomed.

Force has the best PP regen in the game if you stand still, albeit it's pretty dated but this has only been an issue since UH since it's harder to stand still. Tech parry ring could be better I agree. I don't think Fo has a long downtime either as Force doesn't live and die off it's level 85 skill and still does fine damage and build compounds effectively without it.

IMO the only problems with Force are, fire techs suck (even though fire would probably be irrelevant anyway), tech parry ring being fairly useless in UH, and Talis is useless (even though it can stay dead for all I care), and there's a bunch of useless status effect skills on the tree (Those are more irrelevant than Fire techs so no worries there). So essentially, tech parry is the only problem Fo has that's super apparent and relevant to current content. An all guard on Force for .60s would be too broken probably. Making Tech parry with only frontal and some side guard frames for the entire .60s (same as Nabarta-0) would probably be the ideal balance. Having Tech Parry work like either of those would also help with any PP problems as it makes it easier to stand still.

It would be awesome if SEGA made status effects more meaningful and had a class built around status effects. That would be unique and interesting. At this stage in the game that's never going to happen though
    That standing PP recov is a TE inate skill, not a Fo ability. The issue is Fo itself lacks its own good way of recovering PP without having to use TE as a sub

And ya Fire techs suck, Lighting has almost no point to it and Wind is meh
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    That standing PP recov is a TE inate skill, not a Fo ability. The issue is Fo itself lacks its own good way of recovering PP without having to use TE as a sub

And ya Fire techs suck, Lighting has almost no point to it and Wind is meh
    Yeah that's fair. Outside Fo/Te, Fo can use some changes for sure.

I don't really consider Fo bad... If we're talking numbers, then its damage is not that great compared to top dps classes though. Rod Phantom is around the same level in damage as well.

So essentially, tech parry is the only problem Fo has that's super apparent and relevant to current content.
    But you just mentioned "the best PP regen in the game if you stand still" being an issue in UH, which is "current content".

As for the downtime, I feel like after Ph having 50% charge reduction all the time, Fo having 20s of 60% charge reduction and with 80s downtime is a bit underwhelming. There is Talis S4 to help with this however, even though there's just not enough PP regen to upkeep it consistently. What I'd like is PFSC duration extended a bit and this S4 just applied by default (basically what they did with Divine Raikou some time ago). Compounds having a cooldown of 2 minutes is also a bit too much imo. They don't deal enough damage to justify such a long cooldown.

But oh well. Issues like long compounds cooldown and the PP regen being dependent on Te sub is something that was in the last player survey, according to bumped. So far they only did something about the skill tree, so I'm just wondering when they'll handle the rest.

But you just mentioned "the best PP regen in the game if you stand still" being an issue in UH, which is "current content".
    I talk about how a charge parry buff would help this in my next couple sentences.

As for the downtime, I feel like after Ph having 50% charge reduction all the time, Fo having 20s of 60% charge reduction and with 80s downtime is a bit underwhelming. There is Talis S4 to help with this however, even though there's just not enough PP regen to upkeep it consistently. What I'd like is PFSC duration extended a bit and this S4 just applied by default (basically what they did with Divine Raikou some time ago). Compounds having a cooldown of 2 minutes is also a bit too much imo. They don't deal enough damage to justify such a long cooldown.

But oh well. Issues like long compounds cooldown and the PP regen being dependent on Te sub is something that was in the last player survey, according to bumped. So far they only did something about the skill tree, so I'm just wondering when they'll handle the rest.
    Feel like if Phantom didn't exist, people wouldn't be having a problem with Force really at all other than the reliance on Te sub among other things. Rod Phantom is just faster, quicker, safer to play than Force and with that I think there's an exaggeration on some problems with the class. Not that there can't be changes, but classes like Fighter, Bouncer, Techer have more problems than Force. If we're going based off of what was in the player survey alone, people thought Fighter was fine LOL!

We see what they do down the road, but I don't think anyone would mind a few changes to Force myself included.

I talk about how a charge parry buff would help this in my next couple sentences.
    A buff to charge parry would obviously help, but this doesn't really solve the issue... so the point still stands.

Feel like if Phantom didn't exist, people wouldn't be having a problem with Force really at all other than the reliance on Te sub among other things. Rod Phantom is just faster, quicker, safer to play than Force and with that I think there's an exaggeration on some problems with the class. Not that there can't be changes, but classes like Fighter, Bouncer, Techer have more problems than Force.
    Not at all. These have been my issues with Fo long before Ph release. As for what class has *more problems*, I feel like discussing this is pretty much pointless, partly because Sega doesn't really go in any specific order to buff stuff.

If we're going based off of what was in the player survey alone, people thought Fighter was fine LOL!
    From bumped about Fighter: "Players find the class to be lacking in mobility and having a narrow attack range. They see Twin Daggers as having poor PP recoverability. They also feel the class is uncomfortable around large groups of enemies."

People haven't exactly thought it was fine. These are issues sega has gathered from the player survey and I'd like to see them getting addressed at least.