Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    IMO the main problem i see with UH fields is : why they didnt do the rotation of 1 field per day , instead of giving each planet a rotation

for example today is UH desert , but tomorrow is UH forest and next day UH coast and so on

i feel people exploited the fields to quick in the way the UH fields show up
    I know for me, I just get bored really fast because its the same run around a circle stuff like its been the last 4 years. I generally go in, see the new bosses and then leave as the 15*s they drop aren't anything that interests me and I can just get Dims in the market if I need Atk VI fodder.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

The problem with UH is they tie it to ridiculous subclass level requirements. You seriously expect me to level phantom or whatever when it gives absolutely no (and I mean 0) benefits past a certain point for a techer main? Then you realize you already have the best weapon in the game, UH gives you nothing of worth except guruguru and recycled bosses with some new attack patterns (I believe?). Then you lose all motivation and drop the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    The problem with UH is they tie it to ridiculous subclass level requirements. You seriously expect me to level phantom or whatever when it gives absolutely no (and I mean 0) benefits past a certain point for a techer main? Then you realize you already have the best weapon in the game, UH gives you nothing of worth except guruguru and recycled bosses with some new attack patterns (I believe?). Then you lose all motivation and drop the game.
    now that UH is a thing , sega should remove the subclass requirement to all XH EQs that are not rematch or triggers

also low subclass requirements for UH free fields to 80 or 75 , but keep the main class ones , well is just an opinion .

Level 85 subclass is the only subclass requirement and this is very easy to obtain. Also ph sub is probably the best sub for Techer anyway. I don't understand the issue with subclasses here.

For me the problem with UH fields is that they are in fact just Ultimate Quests with non-ultimate enemies. In my opinion UH fields should have just been another difficulty above SH / XH, and there should be Client Orders on all relevant NPCs that can be completed only in there with upgraded rewards; for example kill 90 enemies of lvl91+ for 450000 exp and 45000 meseta, kill 1 Ultralized enemy for 50000 exp and 50000 meseta etc, kill the boss(es) of the area for 250000 exp and 100000 meseta, complete the Free Exploration for 100000 exp and 100000 meseta, kill Darkers of lvl91+, kill ultralized enemy on weak spot, kill ultralized enemy with Just attack, kill ultralized enemy from behind, kill rare ultralized enemy, complete weather report for new room items, gather food materials for new foods from Franca with upgraded stats etc.

The 2nd problem of UH is the same problem that permeates the entire game: Outside of the content being under a boosted campaign, there is no reason to do it other than being bored. It is heavily advised to NOT run it for meseta, to NOT run it for exp, to NOT run it for excube farming, to NOT run it for grinding fodders, to NOT run it for affixing fodders.

It's as if Sega just wants us to log in only for the daily FQ and rewards, and then log out without spending time in the rest of the game. Possibly to reduce bandwidth costs (tinfoil hat on)?

I prefer people to not come in and be 85/1 thinking they should be ok to level a sub while farming 15*s and with people barely scraping by on expert Reqs, i dont want my runs slower than they need to be.

Forgot to mention the Lv 85 dmg boost (5%) you shouldnt be ignoring still so ya, there is a point to hitting Lv85 on Ph sub
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Aug 28, 2019 at 07:48 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    theres been such a lack of content so far i havent found anything to be hyped about again since Phantom and now Etoile, idk what it is but this Ep is super lackluster and UH fields are definitely not helping with how new drops are tied to new bosses but usually over taken by OT bosses

those JB's did look pretty cool but not sure theyre worth hopping to since its just a range increase in Vinto which i dont think Bo's really need if theyre good with JBs already
    I actually like this ep a lot and I think there's a lot of good content so far.

As for JBs, Vinto Kick has pathetic range, it's possible to be close enough to clip into a Flame Deimos and still miss with the kick when it leans back for one of its attacks if you are not attacking the legs but aim at the weakspot (i.e. you're like ~1 ingame meter above ground).
    Like with most burst damage, even more or less spammable burst like Vinto, any kind of delay makes it easy to miss when the target moves and most enemies and bosses move frequently and often quite fast. Same reason Hero tmg finish desperately needs a major range upgrade.

This game still has too many high risk high reward mechanics that are all linked to whether you are lucky enough for the target to not move out of range and in an mpa you can't guarantee the target won't move at the wrong time, it's really just frustrating and unnecessary and good for nothing.

Good balance is really easy to achieve just by tweaking numbers and virtually every time "balance" is achieved by player inconvenience it is poor / lazy game design.
    Hence Sega fixing ranger so that it's not extremely reliant on not moving and rangers themselves and mpas are not so heavily relying on WB anymore. It's just that some more fixes are needed.

Dude, what? I tried a lot of online rpgs and I've never seen one with leveling even nearly as fast as PSO2 even years ago. And now leveling is so absurdly fast and easy, for months we've been given free Tokyo gold keys that I had a good 30 gold keys after maxing Phantom, as well as getting an alt from lvl 80 hr to lvl 90.
    And that's ontop of having over 500 15k, 70 100k and 55 1million exp tickets. And ontop of the permanent ways to level rapidly like featured Exp quests and aqs.
    There is simply no excuse whatsoever to bring an underleveled subclass to endgame content when it takes very little effort to get your subclass to a good level.
    It is endgame content, not midgame content. The entire concept means that you have to put in at least a bit of effort to do it and PSO2 greatly reduces that effort.

And yeah, as mentioned some time before the problem with UH is the tweaks Sega thought would make it more fun but which are nothing but annoying.
    50% Healing nerf when everything hits like 3 trucks at once is just annoying, it's endgame content so in any rpg it's imperative to be able to do it at peak condition as the entire genre of rpg is about getting stronger, not weaker. I didn't play this long and level up and get good gear and stuff just so that it's weakened and playing endgame content feels like the same state as a year earlier or whatever.
    Just like the Deus Gracia and Guides of Creation, doing less damage because the boss has super high def or res is annoying and at the core rpgs are a lot about rising numbers, we are nerds that play and make an effort so the numbers get bigger, so we really don't want them to get smaller again in exchange for a smaller HP pool for any endgame content.
    A gimmick enemy here and there like Micdas (high def so even hitting the weakpoint does less damage than for other Darkers) can be fun but really not an endgame EQ boss.
    Also makes it hard to tell if you are doing good damage or not.
    Last edited by mother clusterfck; Aug 29, 2019 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    I actually like this ep a lot and I think there's a lot of good content so far.
    I say this extremely loosely (mainly for my first point) and expect someone to respond in the wrong way but heres what I'm saying:

-I dont necessarily count little balance patches here and there as "content", this all feels like stuff that should have kicked in right as Ep6 started in a big patch instead of trickling it down over the year because it seems like an extremely lazy and unfortunately tactful way of dripping "content" to the players to get people off their backs here and there.

-I don't count recycling the same Event Quests (New Year Carnival) at the beginning of this year and recently passed Summer Event as "content" because it didn't really offer anything new (Masq Sword/Wand was a carrot on the stick and they aren't even that amazing) for people to go for if you weren't new or just coming back to catch up on gear (which technically people should have done during the New Years Carnival). They also did idk what number we're at now but another Enchanted Forest campaign for gear that was already obtainable from the past 2 Events which I still found super unnecessary

-Ultralized content, many things can be said and I think some people know how I feel about it; it's incredibly lazy content to put out with new 15* drops either being a new 15* camo or just being pointless to use when Atra Ex/Lightstream still do the job better. Killing mobs is a waste of time since they dont drop anything good themselves aside cubes and meseta and OT bosses get in the way of the Ultralized boss spawns over time (going 15-45mins per UH boss is not fun) which makes farming more tedious and frustrating than it needs to be. While Dim/Awake/Blood/Mirage series are nice, it would be even better if the mobs actually dropped something along those lines themselves. Armada is a new raid and while fun it becomes nothing but a Ex Cube/Phrase Decay refuel EQ (to a degree thats fine) but its other drops being obtainable through trade-in badges over time, basically only one of the weapons are actually good and it made Gu way more stronger than it needs to be.

UH Profound Darkness is another waste of time to run outside some cubes but you're better off running SH trigs because the rates are so incredibly low. A lot of people were expecting Ray drops to be on tier with Basilis but they're basically at 15* drop rates in this day and age its ridiculous

I like to think UH fields are a mistake, they're dead after about 1-2 weeks and with how they are now that I'm sure people give up pretty fast on it. I don't blame them, hell we're probably never going to see the rest of the fields get XH added to them because this game looks like some new Developers project where you see content that was added but never touched up on again, left to rot.

UH Magatsu is probably going to get a new model but same objective, I really don't see Sega going out of their way to wow people when it releases. Hey it drops Chronos/Amprodite stones! go get it!

- We still don't have an Ep6 Cinematic opening for God knows why and by the time it releases it's just going to pour into Ep7 like how Ep5's is now

- Sega releasing Compound PA's (I dont remember the actual name for it now) but 1 at a time, still waiting on new Technics

I don't know, everyone knows I complain about everything but this Episode has been lackluster for me outside playing Phantom, if anything this Episode has allowed me to finish more games lately and just log for weeklies and phasion. I love Endless Quest but just no motivation to run it anymore
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Aug 29, 2019 at 04:20 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    - We still don't have an Ep6 Cinematic opening for God knows why
    Can't have anything to do with the fact that one of EP6's Classes hasn't released yet

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Can't have anything to do with the fact that one of EP6's Classes hasn't released yet
    That's kind of... disheartening. It means that we have to wait at least 4 more months for it!