Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPope View Post
    Everyone always talks about how you should put stats into a specific ATTACK stat. Is there an issue with having a defensive mag? It seems to me that it would be helpful to be able to focus on attack with my char and then let my mag help with defense stats.

Every guide I find only talks about attack stats
    you need to remember this isnt like the old PSO games where the Defensive stats would matter when you can get Defense increases from Augments on your gear and weapon potentials (if the pots offer it in some form).
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Everyone always talks about how you should put stats into a specific ATTACK stat. Is there an issue with having a defensive mag? It seems to me that it would be helpful to be able to focus on attack with my char and then let my mag help with defense stats.

this game is different from MMOs in that there is not a trinity of roles (dps, tank, healer). there's just dps and a "support" techter which can buff players more effectively and mobs very well. instead all classes have ways to negate, dodge, counter damage enemy attacks, so a defense stat spec is completely useless. there are a lot of various skill tree skills that reduce a percentage of incoming damage as well that are much more effective than flat defense. base defense + defense gained from units is more than sufficient on their own.

Yeah that is counterproductive in this game because is better to just add defensive abilities to your units if you need it.

The reason why full single stat of any Attack or Dex MAGs is also because the special skills classes have that covert these stats. For example Braver have Braver MAG where if you have Lv.200 fully on Dex in the MAG it will also transfer this value to S and R attacks giving it 200 each. Hero and Etoile , Use any Single stat of Any attack and transfer the value to the other 2 attacks and so on. (These last 2 classes are not in NA)

Additionally, your mag is the least flexible of all ways you have to adjust the stats on a character. As mentioned you can always switch to units with higher defense or affix your units for higher defense with both lower meseta cost and lower time investment.

Do not forget that you can purchase additional mags with AC, so if that is an option, you can have a full defensive mag that you switch to when you feel like it. For players who do not have or want to get additional mags, then going full ATK (or full DEX for Braver and Phantom builds) is the recommended and most effective solution.