Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I like it but yeah I got friends/teammates to make consistent parties with. ran it a couple times solo on some of the higher stages, but a.) soloing just kinda gets me depressed and I typically log out after dying once or twice, and b.) couldn't really kill the boss by myself despite feeling like the hp was scaling down reliably

Seems to me only the boss stage and last stage are balanced for solo. Defense and collection are a handicap, and the bombing enemies is also stacked against you when some stuff spawn across the map. The buff you get is +200% damage if you are alone, but only appears after 75 seconds have passed for the 4 regular stages(last one is instant thankfully) which ironically makes boss stages balanced because you wont be dealing relevant damage until after you have killed the 2nd wave of trash mobs /:

Either I'm trying to run when no one else is or this quest is not very popular. I only managed to find people to play with 3 times out of like 10.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Every time I get excited at a 3/4 game they have it tagged as teamie or friend only.
    Try joining a 3/4 game (not in their party), the others ignore and go without you, even if you stand right next to them.
    Join a 1/4 or 2/4 game, they go immediately without waiting for more players even if you'd prefer a 4/4 game.
    This on top of the quest already being about as dead as UH fields were weeks after they came out.
    Antisocial players + dead game, not a good combo.

Where tf do i get a 6th Grainne Fragment? I've gotten some from title, and the shop is limited purchase so i've ran out.
    I need 1 more for my Stil weapon. The MONTHLY trade limit has really put me off wanting to do more of this, i was enjoying it too, fixes a lot of problems i had with endless quest.
    Divide Quest would be a bit better if it was scaled properly when it came to supply stages, just by only having 1 tower per player and increasing crystal value the less players there are.
    The area investigation stages need the same treatment.

What makes me play this instead of endless is:
    -No rush on area completion, can take a breather if need be, which i usually need since my hands get incredibly sweaty in short time.
    -Loot at the end of each area which means even if you DC halfway through, you still come out with something; not the case for endless.

If endless quest paused its timer before you could get into the next area and actually gave you loot per area, i'd be playing it nonstop.
    For now though, its just not worth it.
    Overall though, its really enjoyable, and i'm happy i can solo the majority of it. The weekly rewards being per character and actually worthwhile gives it a lot of replayability
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Where tf do i get a 6th Grainne Fragment? I've gotten some from title, and the shop is limited purchase so i've ran out.
    I need 1 more for my Stil weapon. The MONTHLY trade limit has really put me off wanting to do more of this, i was enjoying it too, fixes a lot of problems i had with endless quest.
    Divide Quest would be a bit better if it was scaled properly when it came to supply stages, just by only having 1 tower per player and increasing crystal value the less players there are.
    The area investigation stages need the same treatment.

What makes me play this instead of endless is:
    -No rush on area completion, can take a breather if need be, which i usually need since my hands get incredibly sweaty in short time.
    -Loot at the end of each area which means even if you DC halfway through, you still come out with something; not the case for endless.

If endless quest paused its timer before you could get into the next area and actually gave you loot per area, i'd be playing it nonstop.
    For now though, its just not worth it.
    Overall though, its really enjoyable, and i'm happy i can solo the majority of it. The weekly rewards being per character and actually worthwhile gives it a lot of replayability
    best bet for final fragment is to just spam 26-30 as S-rank or full kill on last stage holds a small chance of dropping it, and you're otherwise racking up points towards title rewards/mats. I still think it's dumb that you can kinda farm through all the requirements for Stil, but that one final Grainne is either wait or pray to RNGods

Quote Originally Posted by Chigun View Post
    Every time I get excited at a 3/4 game they have it tagged as teamie or friend only.
    Try joining a 3/4 game (not in their party), the others ignore and go without you, even if you stand right next to them.
    Join a 1/4 or 2/4 game, they go immediately without waiting for more players even if you'd prefer a 4/4 game.
    This on top of the quest already being about as dead as UH fields were weeks after they came out.
    when i get into a 2/4 pt or someone who looks like they'll go to the same map as me in 26-30, 90% of the time they pick Life maps which I absolutely don't want which is why when I'm solo and I see someone, if the maps are good (aka screw TD) then I go on ahead solo. The amount of time I sit there and wait for a 4/4 room I could be mid way done or almost done. Not only that, I'm still running into people who should be playing in non expert matching who are in playing expert matching because of the amount of deaths, crappy gear or flat out dying before we get to Step 30 wasting any extra lifes needed there in case of mistakes or usual carry with the lives allowing us to finish despite how bad they are.

Quest isn't even dead either, most people farm Steps 21-30 and you find people rushing through the early steps right as maintenance ends too and usually within the middle of the week
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

This is because it is the first time that co-ordination is required (at least for us who are not skilled enough to solo everything) since Challenge Mode. The game was rightfully designed (and I agree with this design) to allow people to be able to play as if it's singleplayer for over 99% of content. The "problem" (from my point of view) is that in most cases it is more rewarding to go solo in a random mpa than wait for members to assemble. No having to wait for everyone to be ready, to get done in the loo, to get a glass of water, no having to wait on others to finish picking up all items, to answer the phone, or to respond to any emergency regardless of duration or severity. The party triboost is rewarded regardless if it's a premade group or right during the quest, and the extra Team Points are moot when we hit the 4500TP cap with just 30mins per week.

It is not the only game designed like that though. In fact majority of MMOs after 2010 follow the paradigm of "ignoring other players should provide more rewards, except for ultra hardcore content".

On topic: I really like the mode. I am still though at floors 6-10 after two weeks. But I like the style of having a small party, then having the chance to do challenges with others that you randomly meet up during part of the excursion. It reminds of how you'd meet other players and clear objectives togethers in Free Fields, then everyone goes their way and possibly meet again at the next EC. The choice of "hard vs easy" is also great as it allows players/groups of lower performance to also get to the end even if with less rewards.

I think we may have another Buster Quest situation here. I it's clear that players don't care about tower defense in PSO2 as well as quests that stresses with a short time limit, so a combination of both is probably the reason that there isn't a single party on any ship 50% of the time that I check.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    I think we may have another Buster Quest situation here. I it's clear that players don't care about tower defense in PSO2 as well as quests that stresses with a short time limit, so a combination of both is probably the reason that there isn't a single party on any ship 50% of the time that I check.
    If I'm not mistaken, runs that are in progress are not shown in the quest counter's party lists, only the ones waiting before a run starts show up there, since each step in progress is considered a different MPA.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom