Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Game Closes when Gal Gryphon shows up in VR Mining Base

Game automatically closed on me 3 times when Gal Gryphon shows up on VR Mining Base EQ. I'm not sure if there are other mobs that may have caused this but as far as I've seen it closes once Gal Gal Gryphon lands. Currently trying a file fix for this and awaiting the next EQ. TBH, I just returned playing PSO2 after 2 years. At first I thought it was my partitioned hard drive was causing this as it has some issues of disappearing sometimes and I have to restart my Laptop. But I have confirmed after trying 3 EQs on VR Mining Base, when Gal Gryphon shows up, the game closes. If anyone can help please let me know.

The file check you mention is the first step I'd suggest as well. If it continues, check to see if you have Large Address Aware enabled thourgh Tweaker.

Thanks for the reply, however can you clarify on Large Address Aware enabled? I don't seem to find that option nor know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by onlinegamerz View Post
    Thanks for the reply, however can you clarify on Large Address Aware enabled? I don't seem to find that option nor know what that means.
    If you are using an updated version of the Tweaker, it should automatically apply the "Large Address Aware" flag when it updates, but you can also go into the Plugin Settings and hit the "Enable Large Address Aware" button in the top left corner. Basically what it does is allow the game to use more than 2GB of RAM, so it tends to fix some issues like glitched out textures or alt+tab crashes.

Just did another VR Mining Base and Gal Gryphon seems to be triggering it maybe the skill or something after doing File Check. Trying reinstallation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    If you are using an updated version of the Tweaker, it should automatically apply the "Large Address Aware" flag when it updates, but you can also go into the Plugin Settings and hit the "Enable Large Address Aware" button in the top left corner. Basically what it does is allow the game to use more than 2GB of RAM, so it tends to fix some issues like glitched out textures or alt+tab crashes.
    Thanks I'll do that once I've reinstalled the game.

It may be a good idea to also update your drivers just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    It may be a good idea to also update your drivers just in case.
    Checked and updated everything except for one that's a bit bugged but i doubt it's the one causeing it. Can't update the Intel High Definition DSP that's in Other devices as there is no update for it and I don't know why. I do have some problems with my drive that is partitioned with my C: and D: as the D: sometimes disappears but that doesn't happen when the game closes unlike in some games as I've checked, when the drive disappears, I need to reboot to access it again like playing SC2. However in PSO2 I can still relaunch the game and can still see or play other games in D:.

Still the game closes after doing everything. Trying to disable DirectX9. Now waitign for next VR Mining Base.

Gal Gryphon always spawns as last boss in Harkotan Time Attack. Let him spawn and don't kill him to see if the game closes there too when it tries to perform some attack. If it does not close in Time Attack but closes in VR, then it may be something else that happens concurrently with Gal's spawning.

What resolution are you using? Do you have Windowed, Windowed Borderless or Full Screen?