Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SEGA describes it as "『PSO2』シリーズの新作", which roughly translates to "The new entry in the PSO2 series", so I think it's a new game just like Nova was: https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status...45828773367815

Looking at the site, both the English and Japanese versions show it as being available on the platforms that PSO2 is currently on for those languages (Windows 10 and XBox for English, and Playstation, PC, and Cloud [Switch and PC] for Japanese).

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

I'm cautiously optimistic.
    It looks Open World which would be cool even if that means the focus is on one planet.
    The floaty Platinum Games like Spectacle Brawler vibe is still in the forefront.
    Hoping That there's an Off Line Story to it like PSU/PSP games with an option for co-op.

....and maybe Mecha and other Scifi RPG Colabs.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

XenoPSO blade Chronicles X. Need more DOLL/AIS.

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    pso3
    What if this is the actual EP7 and "Not EP7" is just the update that would make the wait easier? NA has confirmed our characters will be able to be carried over.

Looks pretty damn cool.

Phantasy Star Nova 2

It is interesting seeing the PA icons at the bottom which mostly look like the same ones from PSO2, with a couple of exceptions. It looks like the video demonstrated redesigned versions of the sword and the assault rifle. In particular we saw sword normals and Rising Edge a few times. There was also an attack that vaguely looked like Nova Strike, but I think it had a a Twister Fall icon.

It looked like assault rifle has a couple of new PAs that I didn't recognize.

The video also briefly showed the use of the rod. It was interesting because the player fired a huge beam, and did so by consuming a photon blast (or a subpalette skill with a photon blast-like icon). I think the huge satellite cannon-like assault rifle attack may have come from a photon blast too, but the video didn't actually show the PB get consumed (maybe it showed just after the PB was consumed).

This is coming in 2021, so it fits the timeline of the NOT-EPISODE-7 update. Maybe this is what the PSO2 team was talking about.

It looked great. I would love if the PSO2 base game would get a graphics upgrade like this, but I don't think that it is implied that base PSO2 will get that.

Edit: the "New Genesis" title is rather suggestive, I should say.
    Last edited by Loveless62; Jul 23, 2020 at 12:52 PM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuman View Post
    What if this is the actual EP7 and "Not EP7" is just the update that would make the wait easier? NA has confirmed our characters will be able to be carried over.

If that last part is true, then yea! The update comign up seems more and more a bridge to this New genesis they showed,

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuman View Post
    unless unexpected tier 7 graphics and a whole bunch of improvements

too good to be true

One of the (few) good things about PSO2 is its playstyle. It's great to see that it's one of the things that will be preserved (and probably will be improved) in New Genesis.
    > Not Episode 7

This is it, boys, start packing your stuff.