Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Heard through the grape vine is due to NA creating/finding a dupe glitch and then it making its way to JP. Saw one person with dozens of units with Guardian/Crack/Returner/Absolute/Ether on them littering the front page of shop.
    ya i saw this too, my only guess at first ruling out the dupe would be he either whaled hard (but why bother?), he may have farmed like crazy (but its debatable if he really held on to all those glares since their release) or something else all together. its pretty crazy a dupe exploit at this level was barely found all these years or maybe its just been on the down low for so long that it finally happened to go somewhat public. of course, something could always break every update/maint (as per usual with sega)

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Hope they give back the missed days/hours for premium users.
    get a load of this guy expecting this while actually playing the game still
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Oct 1, 2020 at 12:51 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

inb4 they ban everyone that was near the glitch but never fix it, or worse, ipblock everyone but japan and don't even care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    inb4 they ban everyone that was near the glitch but never fix it, or worse, ipblock everyone but japan and don't even care about it.
    even as a joke; that doesnt make sense when the exploit originated on the na servers and then JP players started exploiting it lol

the JP account that exploited it was all jp in terms of profile info so like i doubt it was a western playing JP rofl

Thing that has me thinking is that this could have been going on for a long time now if it's true and was just kept hush-hush. It could make Boost Week look really suspect as a whole in that case. If they rolled back it'd suck for people who legitimately created some wild affixes but I doubt it'd be that drastic. I'll just wait for my 100% Tri-Boosters as compensation for losing days worth of meseta...

If Sega has sufficient enough logging, they should be able to pinpoint with 100% accuracy all accounts that actively duped items. What is never easy to prove is if any other accounts which did not dupe themselves but purchased and used or resold the duped items from the original duper are simple innocent folk who were not aware that they were using "illegally created" items, or if they were accomplishes that served as beneficiaries in order to not focus all attention on the account that performed the initial duping.

Not to mention that usually when such shady practices are being done, the inventors almost never attempt those on their actual main accounts, but on burner accounts instead. It's the kiddies who google "how to dupe items" that usually perform such actions on their main accounts.

One guy dupes Jukeboxes, and the other guy decides to go the full length.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    or if they were accomplishes that served as beneficiaries in order to not focus all attention on the account that performed the initial duping.

Not to mention that usually when such shady practices are being done, the inventors almost never attempt those on their actual main accounts, but on burner accounts instead.
    Honestly, these two things combined are probably why such absurd obvious dupes end up around. Make a bunch of really obvious dupes, to distract from your main account occasionally selling more of something than you would reasonably expect, over a long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by エリュシオン View Post
    Even though this is a really big inconvenience, It's rather interesting seeing how it would be if we couldn't sell any scratch item. I see a few people with new scratch items, in comparison to a lot of people using new scratch items because of player shops.
    Basically how it is in most other online rpgs, you have to pay for your fashion yourself, no selling for gold, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Heard through the grape vine is due to NA creating/finding a dupe glitch and then it making its way to JP. Saw one person with dozens of units with Guardian/Crack/Returner/Absolute/Ether on them littering the front page of shop.
    Oh wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Honestly, these two things combined are probably why such absurd obvious dupes end up around. Make a bunch of really obvious dupes, to distract from your main account occasionally selling more of something than you would reasonably expect, over a long period of time.
    Requires a level of reasoning most online rpg players don't have, though.

Anyway, remember that CT glitch that allowed for oneshotting Falz Angel, etc. which everyone thought was just regular game mechanics but then Sega said it's a glitch and because they didn't managed to fix it in time for maintenance to end anyone using it would be banned?
    Iirc it was like a 25m damage CT in ep 3 or so that finally brought it to Sega's attention as something they need to change.
    Same thing probably but until now no one knew this exploit existed.