Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    the few shouldnt exactly outweigh the many, I still absolutely no good reason to remove it. same with meseta not staying as the main currency for the game. unnecessary changes
    But the few are not outweighing the many. Since it's second nature to many it has become a non mechanic to the many so by removing it you're just getting rid of something that is not a mechanic to the many. And going from the stream it seems meseta is still the main currency it's just that the meseta you have in base pso2 does not carry over to ngs for obvious reasons (make it so the economy of ngs isnt very high from the get go)
    Last edited by ratatosk; Dec 21, 2020 at 09:41 PM.

the few shouldnt exactly outweigh the many, I still absolutely no good reason to remove it. same with meseta not staying as the main currency for the game. unnecessary changes

sadly it looks that way, just a lot more refined. I'm really hoping thats not the case, i think the most scumbag thing they can do is re-release PSO2 phasion but upgraded to NGS through scratches only instead of upgrading all the layer wear when they have the money and manpower to do so. Even if its done in batches over time

ya we'll see since you can't be arsed to keep up with Global now, I have my doubts that'll change when NGS rolls around

You Wish. I'm not letting NGS stop me from getting through global. Besides there are ways to boost your level quickly among other things, in case you've forgotten.
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Dec 22, 2020 at 12:31 AM.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12

Quote Originally Posted by StreetFighter2242 View Post
    You Wish. I'm not letting NGS stop me from getting through global. Besides there are ways to boost your level quickly among other things, in case you've forgotten.
    im pretty sure youre not caught up with Global right now, so while there are ample ways of leveling, im not convinced youre actually endgame currently, thats including gear
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I don't think it's that big of a loss is the main thing. No one is going to notice. Keeping JAs because they're there doesn't add anything, and while I'd be fine either way, I really get the impression that the only reason people want them to stay is because they're there, and not because they add much. They're a vestigial mechanic at this point.

As for the currency thing, they specifically said it's not going to be the currency for player trading, it's probably still going to be the "main" currency. That one is definitely not an "unnecessary" change, it's likely meant to keep the player trading economy separate from the equipment upgrading economy, or make it only one way or something like that.

JA's are a mechanic that favors abled body players plain and simple. Players with certain types of color blindness can't see the red circle (which Sega doesn't even offer a means of changing the color), let alone those with physical conditions that make it impossible for them complete a JA in the time window. Removing JA's and balancing the game around the lack of that gimmick is a good thing.
    Linka, JP Ship 2 Etoile main, all classes level 100

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    Well, its all fine and dandy that you're looking for something different but NGS is hardly a new game and donno why people are pushing this idea like Maximilion Dood pushing this is PSO3. It's literally PSO2 with a fresh coat of paint. Graphical updates, smoother combat and a few changes to old system does not a new game make. At best, this is an expansion, and until we get more information, can only hope for a change of pace.
    Sir DOOD is a hype man. I'd say it's a good thing most of the time. With that being said, while he's certainly jumping the gun as he actually hasn't played PSO2 all that much, I do wonder how big the "not even a new game" argument would be if NGS was standalone. It's kind of silly as far as I'm concerned, as not everything in a sequel is ever new, and the moment to moment gameplay looks very different.

Idk, that money icon at 49:46 looks a lot like the PSO2 meseta one.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsword View Post
    JA's are a mechanic that favors abled body players plain and simple. Players with certain types of color blindness can't see the red circle (which Sega doesn't even offer a means of changing the color), let alone those with physical conditions that make it impossible for them complete a JA in the time window. Removing JA's and balancing the game around the lack of that gimmick is a good thing.
    I don't get that argument. Of course inclusivity is a good thing, but there's next to no reason to think that's what's happening here, considering we're still talking about an action game requiring instantaneous reactions every other second, with tons of color coded game design.
    I can celebrate if the change genuinely makes the game more enjoyable for more people(well... it's a complicated subject, as quality often comes with complexity, yet complexity obviously makes things less accessible; on a surface level, let's just agree that it's a good thing); I don't think the removal itself will achieve this at all is the thing.
    I guess I could find solace in the numerous boredom complaints that will surface after the game's launch, if I didn't know that those always exist anyway.
    Last edited by Cyclon; Dec 22, 2020 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    I do wonder how big the "not even a new game" argument would be if NGS was standalone. It's kind of silly as far as I'm concerned, as not everything in a sequel is ever new, and the moment to moment gameplay looks very different.
    This. There have been plenty of other games sequels that have way less changes than what we've seen so far from NGS.

Im looking for a change of pace which is why I was looking kinda forward to them getting rid of subclasses but go figure it wasn't going to happen (which is fine). I sort of doing want to continue playing Gu/Fi or Gu/Hu for example; "well then play something else then hurr durr": thats pretty obvious but doesn't change much especially if those 2 combos continue to be meta. It's really hard to say right now if subclasses dont really matter much, we have to see the skill tree details and how the subclass benefits the main class in NGS outside what it already does for PSO2
    In the footage from Prologue 1 we can see that they've replaced the 3 attack stats with a single one, and also we could see that the subclass didn't add base stats to the main class, if these 2 don't change until release, at the very least there's potential for more varied class combos than the current PSO2 (if they don't mess up the skill trees).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    This. There have been plenty of other games sequels that have way less changes than what we've seen so far from NGS.
    a 9 year sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    In the footage from Prologue 1 we can see that they've replaced the 3 attack stats with a single one
    Yup!

6sc0xugd28661.png

Currently playing Cyberpunk 2077 and not pay much attention to PSO for a while, but one thing I can already say: there still no numbers on sliders in Character creation menu. Total disappointment.