Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread updated with CBT Players Site link.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I can't seem to update the game, it always shows this error before it finishes patching.

Spoiler!

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparzyle View Post
    I can't seem to update the game, it always shows this error before it finishes patching.

Spoiler!

Any advice?
    I am afraid I don't have any advice. Perhaps you could try redownloading/reinstalling from scratch?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout

It's pretty much the same problem PSO2 has with every patch that brings a launcher update. Just most Tweaker users don't know
    how to fix it, because the Tweaker does it for them with the Fix File Permissions command.
    There is a way to do it manually too.

You start the launcher until it shows you this:
    Spoiler!

Then DON'T hit the button on that message but go into NGS's pso2_bin folder and check properties for the PSO2updater.exe and hit up the security tab.
    Then hit "Advanced" and in the top of the next window you should see "Owner" and a hint, that the current owner can not be displayed.
    Hit "Change", type the username of your windows user and hit OK. This should enable further options in the permissions window. Hit "Enable inheritance"
    to make Windows use the file permissions from the pso2_bin folder and hit OK. Close the properties and THEN hit the button in the launcher.
    This should should close the message and the launcher afterwards.

Now check back in your NGS's pso2_bin folder. The other files (at least some of them) should've lost their permissions now too. Check file per file and
    do the same as before - take ownership for the file and then hit the Enheritance button. In the end, all of the files in the folder should have their
    permissions restored and if you open NGS again, the launcher should open and start downloading the necessary files.

It's a tricky procedure and sometimes it does not work on the first try, but it in the end it works for me going through this. As much as I'm not a tweaker
    person, I hope they will work on it and eventually make it work for NGS later on, so this manual permission changing is not necessary anymore.
    Last edited by Karen Erra; Jan 27, 2021 at 07:18 PM.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    It's pretty much the same problem PSO2 has with every patch that brings a launcher update. Just most Tweaker users don't know
    how to fix it, because the Tweaker does it for them with the Fix File Permissions command.
    There is a way to do it manually too.
    {...}
    At first i has no idea what is that error about, so i just run this script like usual https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...menu-in-vista/
    --

btw anyone knows what is this setting about?

Is coffee good for you?

Background download. Not that I know how it all works, but I do know it says background and download.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    Background download. Not that I know how it all works, but I do know it says background and download.
    maybe, i can't type it quite right but i think

1. download all NGS data in advance
    2. download PSO2 data in background
    3. download PSO2 data in advance

it doesn't makes sense
    Is coffee good for you?

You automatically get slapped with 249 if you did not make it. Oh well.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout

Actually 249 means the server is unreachable. There's a regional IP block going on. If you didn't get in but can hit the servers you'd be getting the error 828 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceBrightstar View Post
    Actually 249 means the server is unreachable. There's a regional IP block going on. If you didn't get in but can hit the servers you'd be getting the error 828 instead.
    Regional lock? Is this confirmed? I got into the test, but I'm seeing 249. Siiigh.

Guess a JP VPN is the answer? Anyone know any good ones?