Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Current Game Loop

Felt like making this so I guess people can get an idea (or reminiscence) of the past/current game loop per Region and how little to no difference in change occurs as the game progresses in future updates. It's also something I would like to look back to from time to time. I suppose some of this "could" fall under opinion but it's basically the reality of the game. This is a general overview, if you want exact timings of when some of this stuff came out then head to Bumped and read up. If I'm missing something, please let me know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Optional
    = Optional Grind Time or Burning Time
    = Waste of Time

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Base Game
    or - PSO2, varies if you're new or not. Nostalgia trips since this is no longer getting any kind of update support
    (essentially dead)

Aelio
    -Dailies/Weeklies
    -Alpha Reactor gathering
    -Gathering Materials
    -Leveling in Mountain Magnus, Vanford Labs or Resol Forest
    -Farming Capsules from choice of source
    -Grinding 4*s weapons alongside high Fixa levels in Mountain Magnus, Vanford Labs or Resol Forest
    -Dread Boss farming for Dread Keeper Capsules
    -Gigantix farming (sitting around for pre-determined spawns before Sega caught on and completely randomized it)
    -Running EQ's
    -Purple Triggers
    -Mission Pass

Retem
    -Dailies/Weeklies/Team Tasks
    -Alpha Reactor & Stellar Seeds gathering
    -Gathering More Materials
    -Leveling in Retem Elnoza or Luuf Maquaed
    -Grinding 5*s weapons alongside high Fixa levels in Retem Elnoza or Luuf Maquaed
    -Dread Boss farming for Dread Keeper Capsules & Relic Weapons
    -Gigantix farming for Gigas Atk 3 caps & Relics/high level Fixas
    -Gathering daily 5 Photon Scales mattered more once DF Cinquem series required them
    -Running EQ's for Photon Scales and low chance at Relic drops or high Fixas
    -Yellow Triggers for leveling
    -Purple Triggers for Gigas Atk 3 caps, Almati camo's or Relic drops
    -Mundane Ronaldine Tasks
    -Trinitas Capsule farming
    -Mission Pass

Kvaris
    -Dailies/Weeklies/Team Tasks/Weekly Rankings
    -Weekly Blizzardium exchange
    -Alpha Reactor, Stellar Seeds & Snorks gathering
    -Gathering More Materials + 1 Blizzardium peak stone
    -Leveling in Belgana Ruins or Lost Central
    -Grinding 6/7*s weapons alongside high Fixa levels in Belgana Ruins or Lost Central
    -Dread Boss farming for Dread Keeper Capsules, Rox/Rugged weapon series & high level Fixas
    -Gigantix farming for Gigas Atk 3 caps, Rox/Rugged weapon series & high level Fixas
    -Gathering daily destruction route of Gold Boxes around the region for Blizzardium drops
    -Running EQ's for Rox/Rugged weapon series or high Fixas
    -Yellow Triggers for leveling or Class cube farming for Add On Skill Gacha rolling
    -Purple Triggers for Gigas Atk 3 caps, Almati camo's or Rugged drops
    -Mundane Ronaldine Tasks
    -Trinitas Capsule farming
    -Cannonball
    -Field Races
    -Mission Pass

S
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Aug 30, 2022 at 04:35 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Haven't played PSO2 in a long while because I did not like NGS, but I find it funny that the new content SEGA is advertising (Cannonball, Field Races) and EQs are listed as "waste of time" by people playing the game.

I'm still hoping they fix the game. I don't have to go into details to explain when the game is tanking. They really messed this up and Phantasy Star doesn't deserve this. It should not be this hard to make use of such a great IP and keep the momentum they had going with OG PSO2. Original PSO2 had a lot of problems too, but it wasn't... this.
    Last edited by Crevox; Sep 14, 2022 at 04:57 AM.

Add Ordinal Tower to the waste of time(after 1 clear).
    Sega seems either completely incapable or uninterested in making any repeatable rewarding content that isn't PSE bursts.
    Been making MMOs for 2 decades, yet have no idea how to make one.

Add Limited Time seasonal quests to the "waste of time" list, too.

This very tiny forum isn't indicative of any thing. Tiny, playerbase wise. 5 people viewing here and 77 in PSO2 vanilla board. So players complaining in this case means nothing. Especially considering Phantasy Star players are probably the most bitchy in all of MMO history lol. There is nothing we dont whine about
    How tf do you like pso2 more than NGS though?! Mind blowing, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Imjake View Post
    This very tiny forum isn't indicative of any thing. Tiny, playerbase wise. 5 people viewing here and 77 in PSO2 vanilla board. So players complaining in this case means nothing. Especially considering Phantasy Star players are probably the most bitchy in all of MMO history lol. There is nothing we dont whine about
    How tf do you like pso2 more than NGS though?! Mind blowing, sir.
    keep up with outside pso world sources for player engagement (even though most forums on the internet are dying out), youll realize both the Eng and JP player hate NGS because of the current development cycle and Sega showing how little they care about the game and playerbase especially with the extreme lack of content. If you're also not keeping up with what Sega the company itself is doing, then I don't expect you to necessarily understand why things are the way they are.

if youre JUST STARTING NGS recently, then get you're new game feel out of the way. eventually you'll come to reality and see just how bad NGS is right now or rather has been since release. Having the My Room feature is great but its absolutely not the most amazing content ever in the history of Phantasy Star. This also shouldn't be content meant to keep you busy for months, i'd be extremely confused if people seriously consider this something meant to keep you on hold until the next big update hits.

anyways, enjoy the Ultra Evolution update, a series of updates of more and more QoL, cycling back to the same regions over and over with only a couple of the "Starless" enemies that are finished until we get the content thats finished for them (and introduces the other Starless enemies), 1 new skill, PA/Tech maybic and everyones favorite content that never ends: SEASONALS!!! with a touch of LQ's that have basically almost no incentive to run for and end up dying the same week (good thing Sega made these last 1-2 weeks now).

oh ya i forgot, in order for Sega to please investors, they forced the player base to login in daily now for weekly meseta instead of getting it all done in the first couple of hours of the reset so that it boosts the daily player count up. it's kinda sad honestly
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

I love watching all the new cribs people are making. Maybe Sega could partner with twitch and have chat with 'chat' functions in the game.
    What I really want to see is VR for pso.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

I love Phantasy Star and so far NGS is my least played Phantasy Star game. It's very dull and I can't enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imjake View Post
    Especially considering Phantasy Star players are probably the most bitchy in all of MMO history lol.
    I can assure you FFXIV players have PSO players beaten in that by a very huge long shot.

Having said this, NGS offers me what FFXIV wouldn't offer me in 10 years: Peace.

Also this forum is just very old, there's a few people still around(obviously) but no longer is this place the once bustling community that it was during PSO1, PSU and PSO2's heyday. Though I would be pleasantly surprised if one day this place just explodes in activity.
    Last edited by Mystil; Aug 3, 2023 at 02:53 AM.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)