Quote Originally Posted by quickasker View Post
how does damage reduction work?
There's also damage resistance from affixes and Unit's innate damage resist (below DFP number), I wonder if they also work just like the one from affixes as multiplier or something. if anyone got reference / link in swiki please share it, as i can't find anything yet

I wanted to know if damage reduction are somewhat worth it, unlike in old pso2 which only stacking +dmg +hp or +dmg +pp
(i noticed that pp affix gives less power level though)
The amounts of damage reduction we're getting per source aren't really worth focusing on with gear, since as far as I know they work like they did in classic, That being that they're multiplicative decreases to your damage taken, not a multipalicative damage resistance increase. So a 1% DR is multipling the damage you're taking by 0.99, and two would 0.99*0.99, which is like 98.01, the different isn't that big anyway, but there aren't damage resistance numbers that are big enough to make it worth focusing on over hp unless enemies start doing more than 500 or 1000 damage, but lol no one can survive 1000 damage without decking out with defensive stats anyway,