Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    Zonde 4 times, charge 1 = best (swap Gi, for aoe case)
    You need 10 hits with uncharged lightning techs to get the bonus, so it varies a lot depending on how many enemies there are and whether or not you can have gizonde hitting the target constantly.

Does Talis R1 (weapon action) give regen PP per hit like normal attack does?
    Did anyone know?
    You can pretty easily test it yourself, but yes, it does.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jun 13, 2021 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    You need 10 hits with uncharged lightning techs to get the bonus, so it varies a lot depending on how many enemies there are and whether or not you can have gizonde hitting the target constantly.

You can pretty easily test it yourself, but yes, it does.
    So if it’s just moving all around then don’t bother with the mark?

DPS with Tali and Rod

Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Any rough translations?

Also is Maintain PP Gain worth getting? How does it work?
    Last edited by Nemhy; Jun 13, 2021 at 08:42 AM.

From this chart :
    Gi-foie charge only = best (seem regular Foie is no need...)
    Charged Foie is better AoE and instant. Gifoie tends to not get all three hits on moving targets so there is still a use for Foie against fast movers and groups.
    Last edited by BlakLanner; Jun 14, 2021 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to add quote.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

Yeah, charged foie has a huge AoE and works better against moving stuff. Uncharged foie feels kinda meh though, considering it's weaker than the charged version but still only single target.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakLanner View Post
    Charged Foie is better AoE and instant. Gifoie tends to not get all three hits on moving targets so there is still a use for Foie against fast movers and groups.
    Foie is spammable ever so slightly if you want to proc the burn on enemies like the Veteran Banther quicker, but charged Foie takes barely any time to charge for much better damage.

So these days... I did a blasphemous thing.

I became Fo/Ra.

Whoa dont kill me yet, at least let me finish plz.

It started out just testing some weapon interaction before I level my ranger, 4* launcher + talis for this case. One thing I immediately noticed is the amount of dps. I had no shooting aug, and it out dps my 20ish tech aug. Just sitting there fear eraser. I could even pull aggro on giga in limited scenario, which is something I have never done while using tech.

Then i transferred the Taluncher to my ranger main char. I thought this was the way to go, it make logical sense. Now i get 10% more dmg on my fear eraser, along with the all powerful weak bullet.

However, it wasn't happy ending. I soon realized my ranger often get put into EQ as the lone ranger, so my job quickly turned into a weak bullet bot instead of "IMMA FIA MAH LAZOR!". I couldnt put my Taluncher to put best use, i would have been better off using rifle+launcher combo. I endured it a bit, but eventually i start to miss using tech also...

Now I moved the Tauncher back to my force and swapped sub to ranger again. I like how i can spam zonde for mobbing, then launcher right away as fatter mob remain (also gaining pp from WA). Fear eraser also charge PB really faster, way faster than anything Fo/Te could try. Boss down state-> photon flare-> rod/talis PB (depend on postion) -> talis + launcher WA -> fear eraser -> switch to rod if i take aggro. Best of all, I'm not a WB bot, someone else can do that job.

In the end, I didn't miss 10% dmg from ranger main. In fact, I could barely notice the difference between the two. I am still not sure why the difference feel so small (is class base stat making bigger impact than I thought? FO 649 vs RA 644). Anyway, I am happy with Fo/Ra. Not going to crunch the number too hard, since once more tech is released, things will likely change.

I posted this cause I am curious. Have any other Fo main resort to weird solution to up your single target DPS? I would like to see your thought.

(now u can kill me)
    Last edited by SolRiver; Jul 18, 2021 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SolRiver View Post
    I posted this cause I am curious. Have any other Fo main resort to weird solution to up your single target DPS? I would like to see your thought.

(now u can kill me)
    Fo as a main is kinda weak right now but RaFo is quite a popular combination for Killing PP Gain/mobbing.

I can see why you wouldn't want to be a WB slave but if you don't need Killing PP Gain you may as well go GuRa and not have to worry about having Tech affixes on your Launcher since rifle has Homing Dart for mobbing which both Ra and Gu can equip.

Then again, Killing PP Gain is pretty handy during a burst.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SolRiver View Post
    So these days... I did a blasphemous thing.

I became Fo/Ra.

Whoa dont kill me yet, at least let me finish plz.

It started out just testing some weapon interaction before I level my ranger, 4* launcher + talis for this case. One thing I immediately noticed is the amount of dps. I had no shooting aug, and it out dps my 20ish tech aug. Just sitting there fear eraser. I could even pull aggro on giga in limited scenario, which is something I have never done while using tech.

Then i transferred the Taluncher to my ranger main char. I thought this was the way to go, it make logical sense. Now i get 10% more dmg on my fear eraser, along with the all powerful weak bullet.

However, it wasn't happy ending. I soon realized my ranger often get put into EQ as the lone ranger, so my job quickly turned into a weak bullet bot instead of "IMMA FIA MAH LAZOR!". I couldnt put my Taluncher to put best use, i would have been better off using rifle+launcher combo. I endured it a bit, but eventually i start to miss using tech also...

Now I moved the Tauncher back to my force and swapped sub to ranger again. I like how i can spam zonde for mobbing, then launcher right away as fatter mob remain (also gaining pp from WA). Fear eraser also charge PB really faster, way faster than anything Fo/Te could try. Boss down state-> photon flare-> rod/talis PB (depend on postion) -> talis + launcher WA -> fear eraser -> switch to rod if i take aggro. Best of all, I'm not a WB bot, someone else can do that job.

In the end, I didn't miss 10% dmg from ranger main. In fact, I could barely notice the difference between the two. I am still not sure why the difference feel so small (is class base stat making bigger impact than I thought? FO 649 vs RA 644). Anyway, I am happy with Fo/Ra. Not going to crunch the number too hard, since once more tech is released, things will likely change.

(now u can kill me)
    The gap between a 10% increase is smaller than 10% decrease, though not by much, so that's worth taking into account.
    That said, I don't think a subclass launcher should be able to out dps main class techs with a 20% tech weapon bonus unless you can keep up the beam for long enough, though I guess that's the point.
    I do think there's an argument to be made for subbing Ra if you plan on using multi weapons simply because the weapon actions are really good for active pp recovery.
    I'm still waiting for them to fix fear eraser and the rod photon blast before I bother trying to rely on either of them.
    For those who don't know, their hit boxes are messed up and come from the end point towards you instead of from you towards the end point, meaning you hit whatever is on the opposite side of what you're trying to hit unless you get really far away so the origin point is inside the mob.