Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1

    Default NGS Force Class Discussion

    Anything Fo related here, will edit the thread some more later on but for now I'm just going to provide bare info

    To see the Talis demonstration, please skip to 48:28 from the last NGS livestream
    https://youtu.be/-oEiNezv71c?t=2908

    Skills
    Spoiler!


    Overview


    Gameplay


    Common Questions
    Spoiler!


    Class Balance Updates
    Spoiler!


    Skill Tree Recommendations
    Spoiler!


    Recommended Gear
    Spoiler!


    Weapon Gameplay
    Spoiler!


    Weapon Meta
    Spoiler!


    DPS Rotations/Charts, High Level Play Videos
    Spoiler!



    ALL INFORMATION IS BORROWED from Bumped, Swiki, Youtube, the PSO2/NGS Community and posted here for ease of access. I give my thanks to the people working hard on translating and updating the information we use on a daily basis to help ease our life while playing PSO2/NGS and being able to enjoy the game today and forward into the future. Consider visiting them for more information that may or may not be here or for your general update information for the game:

    http://www.bumped.org/psublog/

    https://pso2ngs.swiki.jp/

    If any of the video links are broken (either because Youtube took them down or the Twitter post was deleted) please let me know either by DM or posting here in the thread.
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 8, 2021 at 04:31 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  2. #2

    Default

    After playing the global beta, I think force is the class with less benfit both in subclass and multi-weapons system. I did not find anything good for it, did anyone have a better experience with it?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelayo View Post
    After playing the global beta, I think force is the class with less benfit both in subclass and multi-weapons system. I did not find anything good for it, did anyone have a better experience with it?
    While I can't say if it was effective or not since I pretty much just played the beta casually, I had fun playing as TE/FO with a rod/wand multi-weapon, despite a few minor annoyances.

    The positives:
    - A nice mix of close range and long range combat, and with the rods normal attacks I could recover PP from range.
    - Mixing the wands physical attacks with the rods higher mobility when using techs (since wands come to a full stop when releasing techs)

    The negatives:
    - The weapon that uses the techs depends on the last normal attack or PA used, so if a wand physical attack is used, the next tech will be used from the wand (together with its more limited mobility). After using the wand mode a rod normal attack must be used for techs to come out from the rod.
    - Charged techs that come out from the rod mode don't change the wand's element (though I guess this could also be a positive in certain situations?).
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; May 19, 2021 at 03:02 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    While I can't say if it was effective or not since I pretty much just played the beta casually, I had fun playing as TE/FO with a rod/wand multi-weapon, despite a few minor annoyances.

    The positives:
    - A nice mix of close range and long range combat, and with the rods normal attacks I could recover PP from range.
    - Mixing the wands physical attacks with the rods higher mobility when using techs (since wands come to a full stop when releasing techs)

    The negatives:
    - The weapon that uses the techs depends on the last normal attack or PA used, so if a wand physical attack is used, the next tech will be used from the wand (together with its more limited mobility). After using the wand mode a rod normal attack must be used for techs to come out from the rod.
    - Charged techs that come out from the rod mode don't change the wand's element (though I guess this could also be a positive in certain situations?).
    Oh I was talking about subclasses for the force itself (options for the Force as a main class). Force as a sublcass is in fact one of the best ones I think, that makes me even sadder.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelayo View Post
    Oh I was talking about subclasses for the force itself (options for the Force as a main class). Force as a sublcass is in fact one of the best ones I think, that makes me even sadder.
    Which class is sub or main on NGS depends especially on the skill tree, while in the beta FO wasn't an appealing main class, things are likely to change for the full release, depending on what skills are available.

    In my case, the way I played TE/FO would have worked the same if I played as FO/TE, but I would have lost shifta/deband for photon flare, which wasn't a worthwhile trade-off. Things may be different depending on how they change the skill trees for the full release.

    Well, I guess if I were to play with a TE in my party, I would be free to change to FO/TE and get an extra damage boost with photon flare, since the party TE would be the one giving shifta/deband, but I would need to keep FO leveled up as well for that to be doable. xD
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; May 20, 2021 at 12:52 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

  6. #6

    Default

    Force felt the worst out of all the classes for me during the beta, it just overall played way too slow (slower than base PSO2 Fo), trying to bother with Il Barta on Ice/Lighting techs ate way too much PP for it be of worth, PP manage sucks, the fact that currently Rod Shoot does about the same damage as Techs when it shouldn't be doing that, lack of buffs since youre basically better off doing Te/Fo.

    I am still holding on for more class skills to show up in the full game (and what I've seen mined in terms of SP) so I'm hoping it gets better because every PS game I've always main Force and the Beta (i know its a beta, not final etc) just made me not want to play it until it gets better. Techter is honestly more fun than Force for me and I always avoid Te in every game
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    every PS game I've always main Force
    where is your Fo class icon in your signature
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

  8. #8

    Default

    I got to level 20 on the jp beta as a FO and the thing it suffered the most was missing shifta/deband and an absymal skill tree. The damage was just too slow and low compared to the other classes, it's not as bad once you get charge pp regen but yeah... It felt clunky at best.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    where is your Fo class icon in your signature
    What do you mean? It's literally right there
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  10. #10
    Hardcore Casual Dark Mits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Ship 02, B-005
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    What do you mean? It's literally right there
    I don't see it either, I see Luster, Etoile, Phantom, Gunner and Summoner.

Similar Threads

  1. NGS Gunner Class Discussion
    By ArcaneTechs in forum PSO2: New Genesis
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun 16, 2021, 08:19 AM
  2. What is your favorite force class?
    By ToeNail89 in forum PSO General
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2004, 02:43 PM
  3. best force class
    By jt in forum PSO General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Jul 26, 2003, 01:41 PM
  4. Force class question
    By jt in forum PSO: Mag, Quest, Item and Section ID
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 6, 2003, 09:38 AM
  5. Differences in Force classes/Tech info?
    By Sput in forum PSO General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2002, 07:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •