Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzi View Post
    I got to level 20 on the jp beta as a FO and the thing it suffered the most was missing shifta/deband and an absymal skill tree. The damage was just too slow and low compared to the other classes, it's not as bad once you get charge pp regen but yeah... It felt clunky at best.
    The max level was 15 though.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I don't see it either, I see Luster, Etoile, Phantom, Gunner and Summoner.
    dont know how you two still can't see it

I would assume you guys would get the joke I'm making on Ph's meta play
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    The max level was 15 though.
    There was a bug that let you pass level 15 using the class counter, but if you logged out it rolled back to 15. You kept any gear you had equipped even if you were suddenly unable to because of stat points. 20 was the highest I saw anyone get with the bug since it could kick you off the server and reset you anyway lol.

The issue with FO is that as in every PS game it sucks in the lower levels and doesn't start becoming the nuke it is until higher difficulty and with proper gear. It seems unfair to kinda judge it based on the point where FO struggles. I think with a higher level cap and more actual options for a weapon it should be able to shine better. Not sure how I feel about the charged vs uncharged techs changing what it does though.

Not sure how I feel about the charged vs uncharged techs changing what it does though.
    This is honestly the best change to techs imo. It's always bugged me that outside of REALLY niche situations or short lived weird gear setups that there was basically never a reason to use uncharged techs. I do think it'll take people a while to wrap their head around using uncharged techs being a dps and/or utility gain in the long run though. A bunch of videos I saw had people never using uncharged barta, but I did some napkin math and eyeballing, and it's purely a dps loss in the long run not to.

EDIT: also, to elaborate on the barta thing, eyeballing the numbers it looks like charged bartas do 130% of the uncharged damage, while the max explosion does 300% as a seperate hit.
    This means doing 8 charged hits would be 8*130=1040.
    7 uncharged and one charged would be 7*100+130+300=1130.
    It's a roughly 9% increase in the total damage, and that's not taking into account the fact that uncharged techs would come out slightly faster. It also doesn't take into account the pp efficiency side, but that's definitely something we'll have to look at more when better gear is more readily available.
    Last edited by Kondibon; May 23, 2021 at 12:50 AM.

The issue with FO is that as in every PS game it sucks in the lower levels and doesn't start becoming the nuke it is until higher difficulty and with proper gear. It seems unfair to kinda judge it based on the point where FO struggles. I think with a higher level cap and more actual options for a weapon it should be able to shine better. Not sure how I feel about the charged vs uncharged techs changing what it does though.
    I'll be honest I tend to forget this trend but I remember ignoring it PSO Ep1/2 and for PSU+PSO2 I was aware of it and just went along for the ride anyways because the class just gets stupid OP overtime with some of the balance changes that get made. However with the uncharged techs, because of the way PSO2 plays and how theres almost nothing that encourages uncharged tech play, I didn't really give uncharged techs enough time in the Beta. I was like "cool, perma il barta for lighting and ice techs" but current PP management sucks, I won't bother. Now I'm kinda hoping it gets some more use in NGS with PP sustainability unlike PSO2 where all you got was a 10% dmg increase for using uncharged techs. Also rip Elysion nerf, those days were fun
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

For lightning and ice the uncharged techs are important to their damage output. Not using the uncharged lightning and ice techs is like not using chain trigger or limit break. Fire is the only one so far that's purely a matter of utility.

Also if you combine tmgs with a rod or wand and use uncharged gizonde it builds chains.

As long as I can FoGu then Fo is fine.

gizonde only hit one enemy in the range ??? that's sad af

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    gizonde only hit one enemy in the range ??? that's sad af
    Uncharged gizonde is something you're suposed to just throw out to help build up the buff for your next charged zonde tech. The charged version is still AoE, and regular zonde chains, so you would be using uncharged zonde with uncharged gizonde together to build up the buff.
    You can also use it to help build chains with Gu.

was reading some more mined skills for Fo, turns out it's going to be pretty good lol it's just a matter of when those skills will able to be used so after the Beta experience, it feel be better. I'm not posting any of that stuff here though which should be pretty easy to find.
    PSO2 NGS