Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Default Questions about New Genesis and PSO2 acct usage (JP account)

    Did i totally f up by not playing the global PSO2 version? When PSO2 global released, I had 1000s of hours... and 1000s of dollars...wrapped up in to my JP account and did not want to start all over. But with the announcement of being able to use stuff from PSO2 in New Genesis, including my characters, I dont know what my options are, if any.

    Is it possible to move my JP account stuff to NA New Genesis? Probably not. But i thought Id ask. Id hate to perma retire from my beloved PSO/PSU franchise, but im not about to lose all that time and money and start over obtaining what I already got from playing a game for the last almost decade. I know i broke the rules by playing on the JP server, so spare me any lectures of ToS etc. I get it. But I thought Id ask just in case there was a way to keep my account.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imjake View Post
    Did i totally f up by not playing the global PSO2 version? When PSO2 global released, I had 1000s of hours... and 1000s of dollars...wrapped up in to my JP account and did not want to start all over. But with the announcement of being able to use stuff from PSO2 in New Genesis, including my characters, I dont know what my options are, if any.

    Is it possible to move my JP account stuff to NA New Genesis? Probably not. But i thought Id ask. Id hate to perma retire from my beloved PSO/PSU franchise, but im not about to lose all that time and money and start over obtaining what I already got from playing a game for the last almost decade. I know i broke the rules by playing on the JP server, so spare me any lectures of ToS etc. I get it. But I thought Id ask just in case there was a way to keep my account.
    In case you don't want to lose your progress and you want to use your stuff from PSO2 in NGS, you just have to keep playing on the japanese servers.
    I would think many people (including me) who have a lot of hours played and a lot of money spent on PSO2 on the JP side won't switch over, just because there is another server.
    And no - it is not possible to move your japanese account to global.

    Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 Myuria PH 95 Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 Anyusha Iljin LU 95 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 Melody HR 95 and more

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    In case you don't want to lose your progress and you want to use your stuff from PSO2 in NGS, you just have to keep playing on the japanese servers.
    I would think many people (including me) who have a lot of hours played and a lot of money spent on PSO2 on the JP side won't switch over, just because there is another server.
    And no - it is not possible to move your japanese account to global.
    On the other hand, if OP can't read Japanese, not sure if the translation team will keep going with NGS.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Imjake View Post
    Did i totally f up by not playing the global PSO2 version? When PSO2 global released, I had 1000s of hours... and 1000s of dollars...wrapped up in to my JP account and did not want to start all over. But with the announcement of being able to use stuff from PSO2 in New Genesis, including my characters, I dont know what my options are, if any.
    Think of it this way, once NGS is out, EVERYONE is on the same level of play reguardless of Cras gear that should technically be outpowered over time because well, it's not something that devs are gonna have us stick to for the whole NGS duration. It's essentially starter gear, it really doesn't matter if you're full Cras gear or not. However, if there is a weapon series you like, you may want to check for the camo in shop since weapon camo's are the go to for the time being when NGS is released.

    Quote Originally Posted by Imjake View Post
    Is it possible to move my JP account stuff to NA New Genesis? Probably not. But i thought Id ask. Id hate to perma retire from my beloved PSO/PSU franchise, but im not about to lose all that time and money and start over obtaining what I already got from playing a game for the last almost decade. I know i broke the rules by playing on the JP server, so spare me any lectures of ToS etc. I get it. But I thought Id ask just in case there was a way to keep my account.
    None of your stuff is cross-region, Sega seemingly for w/e reason isn't doing cross servers still (considering theres a version for Xbox/Ps, I'd assume Sony cross server issues) so you're out of luck on this. The translation team is still going to be working on the English patch for JP servers so it's not like you'll be SoL on an eng patch, likely follow the trend of eng patch updates like PSO2 was unless the team got super better about the patches idk but it's very easy to just rip stuff from the Global version as well for references


    End of the day, you're playing NGS, you're going to ditch the old PSO2 phasion (most of it) for new NGS phasion because it won't be compatible with NGS model but you can still save phasion templates if for some reason you want to swap back to the old model. All your gear now is essentially meaningless in NGS, Cras gear is just starter gear and eventually you will throw back in storage to rot away while you jump to the next best gear as it releases and naturally it's still worth something if you decide to go run PSO2 content. PSO2 meseta is worthless in NGS so either spend on what you want now to transfer over (weapon camo's, current NGS compatible scratch phasion etc) or just do nothing with it, everyone is going go be starting from 0 N-Meseta anyways.

    Even if you jump to Global, you'll just be doing the exact same thing thats going on in JP since they're basically on par with us in content and they'll be simultaneously with us on NGS. It really doesn't matter what server you play on, pick your preference because you're not exactly losing out on much.

    I suggest you go find the list of stuff that transfers over unless someone else posts it here, maybe that'll give you a better idea
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; May 1, 2021 at 04:27 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  5. #5

    Default

    If anything the fact the global version is releasing at the same time makes it easier for us who wanna stay on JP. Instead of the translators having to go through a bunch of crap to translate, they can just transfer the already translated files over unless Sega majorly goes out of its way to make them not compatible with each other but I have a feeling Sega isn't going to do much outside of renaming or moving files. The modders have already been transferring NGS files to the base game. We'll be more certain once the global beta is released and the modders get their hands on the files.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    If anything the fact the global version is releasing at the same time makes it easier for us who wanna stay on JP. Instead of the translators having to go through a bunch of crap to translate, they can just transfer the already translated files over unless Sega majorly goes out of its way to make them not compatible with each other but I have a feeling Sega isn't going to do much outside of renaming or moving files. The modders have already been transferring NGS files to the base game. We'll be more certain once the global beta is released and the modders get their hands on the files.
    Pretty sure MS will be handling the non-Japanese release of NGS, so who knows what they will do with it.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Pretty sure MS will be handling the non-Japanese release of NGS, so who knows what they will do with it.
    MS is publishing it for global, yes, but its not like they're recoding anything. Pretty sure most of their efforts have gone into translation and integrating it into the shitty windows store systems.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    MS is publishing it for global, yes, but its not like they're recoding anything. Pretty sure most of their efforts have gone into translation and integrating it into the shitty windows store systems.
    Guess we'll find out this summer.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    None of your stuff is cross-region, Sega seemingly for w/e reason isn't doing cross servers still (considering theres a version for Xbox/Ps, I'd assume Sony cross server issues) so you're out of luck on this.
    I think collabs is a big reason for no cross-region, they don't have the license to bring many of the collabs to a global scale, so keeping the EN and JP versions separate gives them more freedom when it comes to the types of collabs they can do for JP.

    Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    MS is publishing it for global
    While MS helped in bringing PSO2 to the west and they're hosting the servers, SEGA is still the publisher, as listed in the Steam store page:

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1056640/Phantasy_Star_Online_2/


    Last edited by Ezodagrom; May 2, 2021 at 03:49 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    MS is publishing it for global, yes, but its not like they're recoding anything. Pretty sure most of their efforts have gone into translation and integrating it into the shitty windows store systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Guess we'll find out this summer.
    just so you guys know, Sega of Japan currently handles both servers, so I naturally they're going to keep doing what they're doing now with NGS. MS won't be doing anything aside collecting money from the company from sales etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    I think collabs is a big reason for no cross-region, they don't have the license to bring many of the collabs to a global scale, so keeping the EN and JP versions separate gives them more freedom when it comes to the types of collabs they can do for JP.
    collabs, console turf etc, whatever the reason is I still find it dumb that they won't push for merged servers or at least do it like WoW. I want that combined playerbase this time around

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Similar Threads

  1. JP PSO2 Question about new character slots and mags
    By rahiz in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 12, 2013, 05:57 PM
  2. JP PSO2 question about limited items and new character
    By Silver_Wyrm in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 21, 2012, 09:40 PM
  3. A quick question about mac keyboards and converters
    By polishedweasel in forum Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 15, 2003, 11:25 AM
  4. question about game creator and rare item drops?
    By excecutor in forum PSO: Mag, Quest, Item and Section ID
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Apr 26, 2003, 08:03 PM
  5. Hello to all. I have a question about the Agito and Skyly.
    By Jyo-San in forum PSO: Mag, Quest, Item and Section ID
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 21, 2002, 11:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •