Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    how about just shut up and let everyone plays the game ? you are acting like PSO2 got all of its contents on day one.
    There seems to be zero wish for discussion from some people here and I'm really not sure why: / Believe me, I'm about the last person who wants toxicity, but, middle ground between that and complete silence maybe?

Not that it matters now.

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    how about just shut up and let everyone plays the game ? you are acting like PSO2 got all of its contents on day one.
    He's not stopping anyone from playing, he expressed his opinion about NGS. We are in a forum dedicated to the franchise, and different opinions will be seen here. You have no right to tell anyone to shut up for expressing your opinions, that's something a person with fascist thoughts would do. PSO2 really didn't have much content on its release, but we are not in 2012, but in 2021, the games needs to have enough content to hold the player nowadays.

And let's be honest, PSO2 doesn't have that much content, a lot of stuff is recycled.
    Last edited by Maulcun; Jun 7, 2021 at 01:00 PM.

ya everyone here and everywhere else needs to remember what Sega is really good at with the online Phantasy Star games: Recycling. They've been doing it since PSU, it carried on to PSO2 and now it continues in NGS. The only way you're going to see that in NGS is over time if you haven't recognized their trend in the old games. Even the enemies give it away that Sega does look at current and past game enemies and use those either as inspiration or just take them and remodel them but end up being recognizable if you've played the past games (Big Frogga is an example).

Everyone also knows by now they purposely do these roadmaps to stretch and drip feed content over time, I'd argue that the game doesn't full release until Luster is added back in and we have every past class in. Ya we'll get to experience a new game in between all that time before Luster but I'll always view it as 70% complete, lets just push this out now and makes some money while we finish the rest of the game over time. Something developers shouldn't be doing now a days but thats just my opinion on this.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Maulcun View Post
    He's not stopping anyone from playing, he expressed his opinion about NGS. We are in a forum dedicated to the franchise, and different opinions will be seen here. You have no right to tell anyone to shut up for expressing your opinions, that's something a person with fascist thoughts would do. PSO2 really didn't have much content on its release, but we are not in 2012, but in 2021, the games needs to have enough content to hold the player nowadays.

And let's be honest, PSO2 doesn't have that much content, a lot of stuff is recycled.
    every time something new is released there is always those angry edgy internet elitists complain about EVERYTHING

then again if you think NG is not worth playing GTFO , let us play the game, stop whinning, go do that on reddit for internet points

pso2 has been around for all those years and the elitists here still shit on it like day 1 beta, idk why you are even here if you hate the game that much

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    Mine was a reaction of surprise and confusion, so I don't have much of a wish to fight you, if you're excited, cool!
    I have no intention of "fighting" anyone. I just think that a lot of people have been trying to put PSO2 on a pedestal as the "next big thing" due to the release of the global version, and all information indicates that this is a bad idea. It was already bad enough watching PSO1 diehards come out of the woodwork for a game that plays almost nothing like PSO1, way back when PSO2 first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Based on my memory of player ID numbers back when I played PSU JP in its final year, PSU JP didn't go much higher than 250k players total in its lifetime even after going free to play, meanwhile PSO2 JP surpassed 1m players in a very short time.
    Is this for the PC version? That's really odd, seeing just how much the PC version was supported.

Quote Originally Posted by SolRiver View Post
    I honestly expect pso2ngs to be rushed.

Sega is really hurting from previous 2 'big' title losing money. (sakura wars did poorly, and sakura revolution absolutely crashed and burned)

I won't be surprised if the sega business side forced pso2 team to rush thing out just so they can pad the red.
    A large company doesn't have to worry as much about single projects completely ending the company like that. I don't think what the Phantasy Star people are doing has much to do with the new Sakura Taisen stuff.

I don't think Shin Sakura Taisen had a particularly large budget. It's an unfortunate outcome, but I get the feeling Sega expected the numbers it got. After all, there had to have been a reason they stopped doing Sakura Taisen games for so long. I am to understand that the game came about only because the director basically begged for years to be able to do it.

Sakura Revolution is a mobile game, and mobile games have such a low innate cost that it's typically worth throwing something out there and seeing if it sticks, then quietly taking it down if it isn't. The way selling mobile games works is... one of the most concerning things about the mobile market...

Honestly, I get the feeling NGS was actually delayed quite a bit, probably due to COVID. Definitely not rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Strages View Post

Sakura Revolution is a mobile game, and mobile games have such a low innate cost that it's typically worth throwing something out there and seeing if it sticks, then quietly taking it down if it isn't. The way selling mobile games works is... one of the most concerning things about the mobile market...
    Sakura revolution budget was estimated about 30mil USD. It was a large scale project that was expected to earn FGO level income for sega.

To put in perspective, yakuza 0 was also 30mil usd.
    Last edited by SolRiver; Jun 7, 2021 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strages View Post
    Is this for the PC version? That's really odd, seeing just how much the PC version was supported.
    Asking about PSU? It was for both PC and PS2, they both shared the same accounts system.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom