Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PSO2 New Genesis Prologue 4 (Official Broadcast)

Source

[Japanese] http://pso2.jp/players/news/27867/
    [English] ???

Schedule

Where to watch

Hosts
    • Hiro Arai (Main Host aka official navigator of PSO2 NGS)
    • Yuki Iwai (From the comedy duo Haraichi)
    • Yunocy (Japonese Streamer - TeamRazer)

Important Topics
    1. Information about new game fields.
    2. More information about NGS Story characters.
    3. Information about scratch items.
    4. Release of NGS roadmap.
    Last edited by Maulcun; Jun 23, 2021 at 02:26 AM.

Welp, seems like we actually had access to ~70% of the world + level progression in the beta, and won't get anything new until late 2021 at best... let the drip feed begin anew!

I hate to be that guy but, it feels like they maaaaybe should have considered a later release date if that was the plan. Sounds like we're left with, what, a week of playable content perhaps?

please tell me i don't need pso2 client for this

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    please tell me i don't need pso2 client for this
    It was announced that for the JP PS4 version of PSO2, the initial download is gonna become only New Genesis and the base PSO2 is going to become an optional DLC.

For the JP PC version I think it's an option in the launcher if you want to download the base PSO2 or only NGS.

For the EN versions (XBox One, Steam, Miscrosoft Store and Epic Store) no details are known, but it's very likely that it will be the same approach as the PS4 version (that is, NGS only as the initial download and base PSO2 as an optional DLC).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    Welp, seems like we actually had access to ~70% of the world + level progression in the beta, and won't get anything new until late 2021 at best... let the drip feed begin anew!

I hate to be that guy but, it feels like they maaaaybe should have considered a later release date if that was the plan. Sounds like we're left with, what, a week of playable content perhaps?
    This is exactly how PSO2 launched.

It might be "a week of content" for no-life types, but everyone else is going to get a good bit of mileage out of the game before the first update.

Quote Originally Posted by Strages View Post
    This is exactly how PSO2 launched.

It might be "a week of content" for no-life types, but everyone else is going to get a good bit of mileage out of the game before the first update.
    I know, I know, I was there... but the IP was in a very different place back then. PSO 2 pushed it from fairly niche straight to the top of Sega's moneymakers. In that sense it's a bit puzzling to see them pull this card again, especially while they're seemingly also leaving og PSO2 to rot instead of taking advantage of its existence. Though I guess that much remains to be seen.

It is worth mentioning as well, PSO2's initial roadmap was much more content rich. Then again it started off with only three classes and no subclass system so the comparison isn't too fair in that regard; in terms of areas however, by the end of 2012 we had 7 zones and the whole of episode 1 with the Dark Falz raid boss. So idk.

I will update the other threads with the new skills that are being added on release (which I knew the skills trees in the Beta's were toned down) after I eat. todays info got me hyped though, looking forward to Braver and Summoner the most, hoping Bouncer can win me over with JBs again and not relive Vinto and for Dualblades to play differently aside Kestral Combo's and pure PB spam

added new skills to current classes that Sega revealed in the last recap and created threads for the confirmed returning classes. anyways hype
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; May 26, 2021 at 05:32 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    I know, I know, I was there... but the IP was in a very different place back then. PSO 2 pushed it from fairly niche straight to the top of Sega's moneymakers. In that sense it's a bit puzzling to see them pull this card again, especially while they're seemingly also leaving og PSO2 to rot instead of taking advantage of its existence. Though I guess that much remains to be seen.

It is worth mentioning as well, PSO2's initial roadmap was much more content rich. Then again it started off with only three classes and no subclass system so the comparison isn't too fair in that regard; in terms of areas however, by the end of 2012 we had 7 zones and the whole of episode 1 with the Dark Falz raid boss. So idk.
    The IP actually wasn't in a different place at all, except maybe outside of Japan where the IP always barely existed. PSO2 didn't really do anything special that the previous games were not doing. Obviously PSO2 makes money, but one of Sega's headliners? Not a chance. Mind, I'm not saying it's "niche" either, as whether something is "niche" or not is incredibly relative, and it can easily be changed because it's not an innate quality whatsoever.

If you're looking for something that was truly different then from now, PSO2 released in a time when players did not necessarily have the proper equipment to be able to play it, and it actually needed to be partially subsidized by Sega at first. That's not really the case anymore, though I seriously doubt PSO2 specifically had anything to do with that.

The roadmap really was not much more "content-rich" at all. and PSO2's idea of free fields are not really the same thing as NGS's idea of open fields. We are starting with six classes, with multiple classes coming within the first six months. It took a year (eventually two years, disregarding Episode 6) to get a single class before.

NGS is also very clearly in a much better state on launch than PSO2 ever could have been. Feel like that means a lot more than people give it credit for.

The IP actually wasn't in a different place at all, except maybe outside of Japan where the IP always barely existed. PSO2 didn't really do anything special that the previous games were not doing. Obviously PSO2 makes money, but one of Sega's headliners? Not a chance. Mind, I'm not saying it's "niche" either, as whether something is "niche" or not is incredibly relative, and it can easily be changed because it's not an innate quality whatsoever.

... this is bothersome to research. At a glance and to keep it simple(both ways), PSO2 Global and JP were the two highest grossing F2P games they had back in August 2020, and their F2P amount to slightly less than a third of their gaming division, according to this article:
    https://mmos.com/news/phantasy-star-...een-april-june

It's on me for never taking the time to thouroughyl fact check all this stuff though. I could have things to present to you, and I don't.

The roadmap really was not much more "content-rich" at all. and PSO2's idea of free fields are not really the same thing as NGS's idea of open fields. We are starting with six classes, with multiple classes coming within the first six months. It took a year (eventually two years, disregarding Episode 6) to get a single class before.

Okay, disclaimer, I'm not trying to bum everyone down. Mine was a reaction of surprise and confusion, so I don't have much of a wish to fight you, if you're excited, cool!
    With that being said, I do think you're factually incorrect here. First, class concepts are ripped straight from the previous game to a much higher degree than usual(same weapons lineup with generally similar gameplay, very... evocative skill trees as well), second, you can't both push that we started at three and that we got none for a while since Fi, Gu and Te came pretty fast, and third, areas in New Genesis are individually pretty small, though I get the feeling this isn't something everyone's realized. The enemy variety is also, thus far, well kinda disappointing there's not much of a way around it, and with four new zones came/will come, proportionally, very few new things to fight. PSO2 was guilty of palette swapping no doubt, but, still, overall, with two bosses each time most of them brand new and a bunch of new regular ones per zone at least... we had housing too, and a full mag system.

What they seem to be doing, is applying PSO2's more... leisurely pace as an aging game, to NGS, immediately. Which makes sense in a number of ways mind you, but I definitely don't think it's ideal.
    Last edited by Cyclon; Jun 6, 2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strages View Post
    The IP actually wasn't in a different place at all, except maybe outside of Japan where the IP always barely existed. PSO2 didn't really do anything special that the previous games were not doing.
    Based on my memory of player ID numbers back when I played PSU JP in its final year, PSU JP didn't go much higher than 250k players total in its lifetime even after going free to play, meanwhile PSO2 JP surpassed 1m players in a very short time.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom