Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO2 NGS: Translation

Okay, I am going to have to ask because trying to find this information out easily has basically lead me to dead ends and rumours with no "official" statements, mentions or announcements that I could find.

How are players like myself expected to translate our Japanese Client NGS into English?

I realise many players here are not worried about this, but I've been playing PSO2 on and off for 8 years now, and I've accumulated a lot of time and items in the PSO2 JP world. I plan on taking my characters into NGS as I do not wish to start over in Global. With that being said, It's pretty quiet in regards to being able to do this easily.

I don't know if some sort of rule or quietly understood PSO cultural phenomenon to not mention PSO2 Tweaker, that has happened while I have not been a presence in the greater community around PSO2 but there appears to be no information or place I can ascertain this information?

• There is no announcement on Arks Layer
    • There is no News or Information page on Arks layer
    • There is no news or information on the Tweaker Launcher
    • There is no News or Information Here (At least not pinned)
    • There is no information on the global forums (From what I can see)

Frankly, this is strange, and frustrating. A plan or an outline would be really useful to understand what I should be expecting when the launch rolls around. The only mention of NGS is the Image on the launcher and the recent patch notes:

"6.0.4.4 (5-28-2021)
    - Item translation is now fixed (and will also work with NGS)! JP players can enable it to see items (and their descriptions) in English!"

So I guess what I'm asking is:

What is going on with translation? What can I expect? And does anyone have any methods to easy transition into NGS for a non Japanese reader like myself they can share?

play the English version ?

Did you ask on the ARKS Layer Discord? The tweaker team doesn't really post anything outside of there very often nowadays. If they went out of their way to make the item translation plugin work with NGS though, then I don't see why they wouldn't at least try to translate the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    play the English version ?
    You didn't even bother to read what I said, so why did you bother to reply?

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Did you ask on the ARKS Layer Discord? The tweaker team doesn't really post anything outside of there very often nowadays. If they went out of their way to make the item translation plugin work with NGS though, then I don't see why they wouldn't at least try to translate the rest.
    As much as the discord may be good for some people, If they have an entire website... seems silly not to post information to it.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessRed View Post
    As much as the discord may be good for some people, If they have an entire website... seems silly not to post information to it.
    I mean, I agree, but it doesn't change how they've been doing things for a while now.

Thanks Kondibon. I hate Discord server with a passion (I just end up joining them and muting them forever) but I guess I'm forced to :/

my only 2 cents on this

ever since Global PSO2 was announced, the translation team already came out and said they would continue working on the English patch until basically the end of PSO2s life. as NGS got announced, they announced again that would continue to work on an English patch for the game despite there being an English version out for Global. I haven't read up too much lately on how much they're going about doing their own translations over the laughable Global translations that get done.

Sirius sometimes posts here about tweaker issues people bring up but idk when the last time they came here to uhh not so lively forum but next time maybe DM them, see if they respond otherwise ya, if you want to keep updated, get Discord. you dont want discord, you'll need to ask here and hope someone responds otherwise maybe start memorizing menus by looking at the English version.

once the beta was release for JP, they started working on getting it to work again before NGS officially releases, I think a couple of weeks ago or something they mentioned that they have it working now and will be up and going once the game officially launches.

TLDR: theres going to be an English patch for the JP servers
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 4, 2021 at 04:55 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessRed View Post
    Okay, I am going to have to ask because trying to find this information out easily has basically lead me to dead ends and rumours with no "official" statements, mentions or announcements that I could find.

How are players like myself expected to translate our Japanese Client NGS into English?

I realise many players here are not worried about this, but I've been playing PSO2 on and off for 8 years now, and I've accumulated a lot of time and items in the PSO2 JP world. I plan on taking my characters into NGS as I do not wish to start over in Global. With that being said, It's pretty quiet in regards to being able to do this easily.

I don't know if some sort of rule or quietly understood PSO cultural phenomenon to not mention PSO2 Tweaker, that has happened while I have not been a presence in the greater community around PSO2 but there appears to be no information or place I can ascertain this information?

• There is no announcement on Arks Layer
    • There is no News or Information page on Arks layer
    • There is no news or information on the Tweaker Launcher
    • There is no News or Information Here (At least not pinned)
    • There is no information on the global forums (From what I can see)

Frankly, this is strange, and frustrating. A plan or an outline would be really useful to understand what I should be expecting when the launch rolls around. The only mention of NGS is the Image on the launcher and the recent patch notes:

"6.0.4.4 (5-28-2021)
    - Item translation is now fixed (and will also work with NGS)! JP players can enable it to see items (and their descriptions) in English!"

So I guess what I'm asking is:

What is going on with translation? What can I expect? And does anyone have any methods to easy transition into NGS for a non Japanese reader like myself they can share?
    New game, new set of problems. New headaches.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This reeks of entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Icis View Post
    This reeks of entitlement.
    Thank you for your thought provoking commentary. :/