Default Need some direction on how to proceed in-game. It's long, I apologize. Giggity

Am I wrong or missing something here? What do you do when you want to change your main class to something much lower level than your current class? I dont want the class at all, as primary nor secondary class. So what do i do to continue on? Cant do story any more without switching back to the high level class that I dont want to play. Dont want to bring the class in to story missions because id be stuck playing that class, obviously lol.

So what do I do? I dont even see a viable grinding option to level up so i can continue the story and what not. And Segac, yes Segac (look up knock off kubara from PSU lol), in their infinite "wisdom", has those obnoxious level jumps when you complete part of the story. I really hope that idea isnt because of lazy gamers who whine about having to play a game instead of just blasting through to level cap so they can sit in a lobby all day waiting for noobs to come up and say "aww cool outfit d00d! Where did you get it!?" Dont lie lol, a ton of phant star players do exactly what i just said lol.

Regardless, that disgusting FORCED level jump destroys your play through if you don't want to stay on the class with which you were going forward in the story. They can't possibly expect people to just sit on one class.... uh, right?

You're going to end up having to switch to the class you like and either spam Yellow Triggers or go to a PSE Area and level up that class up to be able to do the story. Yellows will get you up to the level at a decent pace but, it is somewhat a grind and gets mundane after 5+ runs, on top of possibly costing you N-Meseta if you lack the yellows to continuously run, unless you got a friend or teammate to pay the host cost. There's going to be no way around getting the massive amounts of EXP, you could attempt to finish story tasks on classes you want to spread the EXP out on but, some tasks that take you into a quest instance you won't be able to do that with. Also yes, a lot of players tend to main one class from my experience, they find the class they enjoy the most usually stick with it. There's also players that have characters running specific classes.

As for the structure of how devs chose to make EXP be handed out during the story, this was a recent change. Prior to the update on June 7th, Guiden would give you a total of 30 million EXP (I've received this a long time ago and can't recall the total amount), 10 million per region after Aelio, It was possible to ignore these tasks and just level at a much slower pace. It's important to remember PSO2 & NGS is acknowledged to be a casual game and I believe they chose to give people massive amounts of EXP to help most people catch up and participate with the active playerbase without dedicating long hours into grinding. Most likely learning from how steep the EXP curve on PSO2 got after Lv70, addressing it by making keys so players could have a static encounter with Tagami Kazuchi and later adding Gunne Kazuchi.
    Last edited by エリュシオン; Jun 10, 2023 at 03:49 AM.

Well sheeit. I guess im stuck lol. Im an altoholic on all MMOs I play. I guess ill have to suck it up or grind. At least i now know grinding is a feasible way to level up other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Imjake View Post
    Well sheeit. I guess im stuck lol. Im an altoholic on all MMOs I play. I guess ill have to suck it up or grind. At least i now know grinding is a feasible way to level up other classes.
    well, when casuals wanna complain about how it takes "too long" to level and sega literally makes you jump to end game fast, can you really complain? the optimal path if you haven't done all of the story yet is to turn the Task in as the class you want to level for a quick jump or have a main/sub equipped beforehand too.

but ya, youre only other option is to spam yellow triggers solo or with people. enjoy the level grind
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Imjake View Post
    Am I wrong or missing something here? What do you do when you want to change your main class to something much lower level than your current class? I dont want the class at all, as primary nor secondary class. So what do i do to continue on? Cant do story any more without switching back to the high level class that I dont want to play. Dont want to bring the class in to story missions because id be stuck playing that class, obviously lol.
    Not quite sure why no one else mentioned this, but you can grind a high level PSE field with the class you want to level as your sub. It's incredibly easy to catch lower level classes up this way.