Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson_Ichise View Post
    Hello everyone, do you think there is any chances for Sega to lift the IP ban on PS4
    or should i really just forget about it on PS4 and move on?
    There's no way to confirm what they'll do, but Sega removing IP block isn't unheard of.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson_Ichise View Post
    Hello everyone, do you think there is any chances for Sega to lift the IP ban on PS4
    or should i really just forget about it on PS4 and move on?
    i heard in other places that , even japanese players (who live in japan) has been with troubles to connect into the game with the same issues as us

its not IP ban its a whole different problem related to the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    i heard in other places that , even japanese players (who live in japan) has been with troubles to connect into the game with the same issues as us

Ok, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post

Isn't it possible that the IP addresses of the native Japanese people who cannot log are simply not registered as Japanese? For example, when I check the various IP addresses that my provider gives me, sometimes they are "identified" as belonging to a neighboring country, and once it was even identified as originating from Germany.

At the same time, if it was not an IP ban, then there would be a significant amount of non-Japanese players who would be able to log. But the consensus is that everyone outside of Japan needs a VPN.

Has anyone figured out hot to make the game run on PS4? I've started a proxy server on my PC and told PS4 to connect to it. As of now it can connect to Internet, run online games AND load updates to PSO2 NGS.
    I connected PC to Soft Ether VPN: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
    I tried Proton VPN: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
    I tried Amazon AWS: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
    What am I doing wrong? Is there a specific way to set up proxy that I missed?

It's possible that you were trying all this while the ships were actually under weekly maintenance.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

I have been trying all of that for the duration of the whole week, all while various people were reporting that a VPN got them through the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyra Tierney View Post
    Has anyone figured out hot to make the game run on PS4? I've started a proxy server on my PC and told PS4 to connect to it. As of now it can connect to Internet, run online games AND load updates to PSO2 NGS.
    I connected PC to Soft Ether VPN: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
    I tried Proton VPN: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
    I tried Amazon AWS: the game says the ships are under maintenance.
    What am I doing wrong? Is there a specific way to set up proxy that I missed?
    I used a PS5 in my case, but I'd imagine the outcome would be the same on PS4. I used ExpressVPN on my PC, and tried making a mobile hotspot and have my console connect to it - had issues getting that to work so I gave up on that. I actually just ended up sharing my connection with the console through an ethernet cable, and I was able to log in after that. I didn't use a proxy, but I was able to get the game working regardless.

That being said, I ended up sticking to PC as the PS4 version doesn't compare well from a graphical standpoint, even with the settings turned up.

Quote Originally Posted by advfox View Post
    I used a PS5 in my case, but I'd imagine the outcome would be the same on PS4. I used ExpressVPN on my PC, and tried making a mobile hotspot and have my console connect to it - had issues getting that to work so I gave up on that. I actually just ended up sharing my connection with the console through an ethernet cable, and I was able to log in after that. I didn't use a proxy, but I was able to get the game working regardless.

That being said, I ended up sticking to PC as the PS4 version doesn't compare well from a graphical standpoint, even with the settings turned up.
    I have tried sharing a private VPN connection to my PS4 through Ethernet, to no avail. Do you have more information about what you did exactly?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    I have tried sharing a private VPN connection to my PS4 through Ethernet, to no avail. Do you have more information about what you did exactly?
    First I connected the cable to the console (didn't change console connection settings yet), then I turned on the VPN connection on PC. Then I went to Settings > Network & Internet > Change Adapter Options, and located ExpressVPN TAP Adapter (it'd be different for whatever VPN you're using, but probably still shows up as TAP Adapter). I right-clicked it > Properties > Sharing Tab > checked "Allow other network users to connect" and set Home Networking connection to Ethernet.

Then on console, I went to network settings and set up LAN connection.