Default NGS Quick Starter Guide

First things first, idk if I plan to keep this updated over the years because I won't actually be making new characters to figure out whats been changed for the starting tutorials but I wanted to sort of set up a small starter guide to help ppl avoid making some mistakes early on in the game so far.

1. Avoid grinding any gear until you're in the 3/4* categories to avoid wasting materials

2. If you have past PSO2 gear, considering using it for an increase in BP, if not then you progress normally

3. Buy higher tier gear out of the player shop for an easy upgrade since it's dirt cheap to do so

4. Do not multi weapon unless you're absolutely sure about dumping the heavy costs into doing it otherwise get ready to extend your grind, more or less, do it for 4* gear at least if you're okay with spending a bunch or you have some 3*s your comfortable with.

5. SPEND your SP on your main AND sub class, they will bump up that BP nicely. Make sure you clear the other Cocoons/Towers too if you don't already have all 20 SP.

6. Spend some time playing with classes and figure out what you want to main/sub otherwise it's going to extend your grind longer if you level something then change your mind about it later.

7. Remember to eat for those bonuses.

8. You have a 5hr window for makeover shop changes when first starting out, make use of it before taking off otherwise you will have to pay with SG or use one of your free passes.

9. Use the Skill Tree sim to make a build before expending all your SP (https://arks-layer.com/skillsim/ngs/skillcalc.php)

10. Finish your side, daily and weekly tasks

11. Don't forget to gather your daily rocks

12. Have fun

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Any other tips you want people to know, feel free to post. If what I mentioned needs tweaking, tell me
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jul 1, 2021 at 06:53 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    not the thread for this but i will post it in the Field Guide thread instead
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    There's an actual schedule for this?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Yes, but Sega might change it up next week if they realize people have figured out the pattern.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    Yes, but Sega might change it up next week if they realize people have figured out the pattern.
    Well the good news is that these hours are on the spot... bad news is that we failed twice 😭
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Considering that their method of changing the times between each week was only to change it by a few minutes, it doesn't look likely that they will change how it works.
    ( ・ω・)ノ゙

Quote Originally Posted by SuKKrl View Post
    Considering that their method of changing the times between each week was only to change it by a few minutes, it doesn't look likely that they will change how it works.
    I was just saying that maybe they would consider changing it up once they realise people had figured it out, but you're right they're probably too lazy.

Here's a twitter bot for those that feel the need to check their phone multiple times a minute:
    https://twitter.com/EuriTest

Thanks for that link, should be really useful. Guess I should restart a twitter account as most of the interesting NGS stuff is coming from it...
    ( ・ω・)ノ゙

No weather data for the next few days so you better just camp in the full room all day.

Then, if Sega decides to change it up every week, no more weather forecast.