Default so has anyone found a fix for particle effects glitch ?

i'm sick of seeing these pixelated effects, i have search every place like discord or reddit and haven't found any solution, there's a reddit post tell you to edit height3d and width3d which i have already done but that changes nothing, game still look like crap on ultra settings

There's nothing we can do about it, it's how their new graphic engine works, everything that comes near the camera will start dithering and it seem like they added that same effect on particles but didn't really scale it properly.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

this is terrible i can't believe it's a 2021 game

I've noticed this issue too and it's horrible. I've searched around about it and never found anyone else discussing it until now. Glad it's not just me at least! This dithering effect happens in so many places. On the volumetric fog (which can be turned off), on faded objects at a distance, on particle effects, shadows, and very obviously on the water fountain in Central City.

https://i.imgur.com/2RxTN2z.jpg

There's no exclusive fullscreen mode anymore either so the game stutters when it didn't before, and NGS has no proper UI scaling. In NGS the "UI scaling" is done by just making the UI a lower resolution so it's drawn bigger. So when playing at 4k, the UI is blurry and very obviously low res. It looks terrible.

NGS in general seems to be a massive step backwards from base PSO2 in terms of graphics (and other things). And yet I see other people praising the game's graphics. I can only assume they're playing at a low resolution in the first place, or never compared it with base PSO2.
    Last edited by Lorne; Jun 20, 2021 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    NGS in general seems to be a massive step backwards from base PSO2 in terms of graphics (and other things). And yet I see other people praising the game's graphics. I can only assume they're playing at a low resolution in the first place, or never compared it with base PSO2.
    In all fairness, this is a step forward from PSO2. They're still using low poly textures however, so they can dress this game up however they like and they'll stick out like a sore thumb.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't have this problem at all on ultra, no idea how either.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    I don't have this problem at all on ultra, no idea how either.
    I didn't have it either until I saw this thread. It might be a curse.

I've always assumed it was a stylistic decision to make everything appear digital coming out of the DOLLS. It takes a few mod()'s in a shader applied to the texture coordinates to create this look. The effect is quite reminiscent of the dither subtraction on old 3dfx cards actually (if anyone here's old enough to have lived and put up with them).

I know they already have dithered occlusion (as proper alpha blending leads to classic sorting issues) and that's different.

Maybe it's an early early sign of a narrative twist that it's all a simulation on Oracle, and Alma will comment the heck out of it
    Last edited by leilei; Jun 26, 2021 at 10:30 PM.