Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Well I thought there might have just been some sort of misunderstanding, but I guess we just disagree.

i'm burnt out after 2 weeks in NG
    there's nothing worth doing in the game anymore, this feels like an alpha test game

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    there's nothing worth doing in the game anymore, this feels like an alpha test game
    Besides doing the Gigantix tasks, only thing left is to cap all the classes to Lv20.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Yes it does feel like there is nothing to do which is true and this is the main problem I have with the open world we have right now. The usual scenario being I log in and ask myself am I going to the same map rotation of hunting the veteran bosses or just run around in circles in a leveling area and maybe get some excubes in?

It is pretty rough as there is nothing to aim for specifically, where as the old PSO2 had rare drops from bosses that you can hunt on demand without any contenders for spawns. Maybe this can get fixed if they decide to implement private rooms or something but that will still be a lot of running to cover ground between spawn points.

I have also seen 32 player afk fields waiting for gigantix and it's not a very good sight.

I think the thing that makes it feel a lot more empty is how they're going about rarity and unique drops. Nothing truly feels rare so there's no real satisfaction from putting in hours in farming something. Right now you can farm Gigantix, get a stragga drop, and be one of thousands of others using the weapons. While on PSO2 people would farm Quartz endlessly for a dragon slayer and you'd know when you encountered someone with one they were really lucky, spend a ton of time farming, or just saved enough for one.

It kinda seems like atm they don't really want anything to really seem rare, they could have given all the bosses some seemingly impossible drop that are unique to said enemy and given players something to actually sink their time into. Gigantix could have had actual rare drops but, you can get all their drops pretty cheap from other players which kinda shows how commonly they drop.They'd probably eventually give things actual valuable drops, just kinda sucks how easily obtainable every goal you may set is right now. The Finds/Accomplishment thread is empty with 0 replies probably because of how getting drops and reaching all 20s seems unrewarding/unworthy of celebrating.

Quote Originally Posted by エリュシオン View Post
    The Finds/Accomplishment thread is empty with 0 replies probably because of how getting drops and reaching all 20s seems unrewarding/unworthy of celebrating.
    I forgot there was a finds/accomplishments thread tbh, I usually don't post in those or even look at them, but I actually have something for that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I forgot there was a finds/accomplishments thread tbh, I usually don't post in those or even look at them, but I actually have something for that now.
    I felt like since it was one of the earliest threads that may have been why no one was posting there, which is why I also said "probably" while talking about the thread earlier. I still stand by things not feeling as rewarding or worthy of posting because of how easy it is to obtain goals right now.

Quote Originally Posted by エリュシオン View Post
    I felt like since it was one of the earliest threads that may have been why no one was posting there, which is why I also said "probably" while talking about the thread earlier. I still stand by things not feeling as rewarding or worthy of posting because of how easy it is to obtain goals right now.
    I mean, I wasn't disagreeing with you, just amused that I forgot there was a thread for it when I actually had something to post there for once. Honestly, I feel like Techs got a bit too overzealous with making threads for unreleased content. A lot of them are buried on the second page already, and won't have any activity until the stuff related to them drops. But it's not like anyone else is taking initiative so eh.

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    Uh huh?

Well I thought there might have just been some sort of misunderstanding, but I guess we just disagree.
    I think we do agree on a bunch of things, but yeah. Though I'd be curious to see more opinion pieces on the subject.

I mean, I wasn't disagreeing with you.
    I didn't say you were, just meant regardless if the thread was alive or not my views wouldn't have changed.