View Poll Results: Are you keeping your OG PSO2 gear in NGS until better weapons and units come a long?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • No

4 23.53%
  • Depends on the gear

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Are you keeping your OG PSO2 gear in NGS until better weapons and units come a long?

Are you keeping your OG PSO2 gear in NGS until better weapons and units come a long?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Sure no point to wasted million N-meseta on early content that will washed away in a few month

At least for my units with augs on them. Sad how weak my pimped out schvelles are.

Quote Originally Posted by leilei View Post
    At least for my units with augs on them. Sad how weak my pimped out schvelles are.
    The main issue with units is the grinding cap from the OG PSO2. The extra 30 grinding points from NGS is makes one hell of a difference.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

New units make a huge difference in survivability during Gigantix battles especially if you are playing melee, even Forces need to get close every now and then for Resta Field.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

naturally keeping my gear if for some reason I want to go back and play PSO2 one day

the other reason is if you did a God affix on your current Cras units, theres really no reason anyone should be jumping on to current 4* units, that includes Gigantix units. Even the Strega series are only slightly better in terms of power. Play smart, stick with your current gear and either wait for 5*s to come out or a much higher tier gear without all the negative stuff the current BiS gear has (it's BiS if you dont have Cras/God affix). If you don't want to wait then burn your resources just to see it get power creeped real quick lol
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Considering we won't be seeing anymore gear until whenever we get Defense Quests or actual content there isn't really any downside to investing in NGS units + weapons since it's braindead to farm materials anyway. The defense gain you receive from units and the power difference from preset ability can make it a notable upgrade for the time being. With easy enough affixes to make you can make units stronger than your old Cras set with Zeont units. Weapons and rarities seem to be tied to levels anyway so until Winter comes with the level cap increase there isn't going to be anything new so you'd reaccumulate any spent resources anyway if you play the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    Weapons and rarities seem to be tied to levels anyway so until Winter comes with the level cap increase there isn't going to be anything new so you'd reaccumulate any spent resources anyway if you play the game at all.
    The highest equip requirement for anything right now is 15, that's potentially 5 more levels worth of gear. That said, most stuff of the same rarity has been side grades anyway, so I doubt there's going to be any major power creep for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    Considering we won't be seeing anymore gear until whenever we get Defense Quests or actual content there isn't really any downside to investing in NGS units + weapons since it's braindead to farm materials anyway. The defense gain you receive from units and the power difference from preset ability can make it a notable upgrade for the time being. With easy enough affixes to make you can make units stronger than your old Cras set with Zeont units. Weapons and rarities seem to be tied to levels anyway so until Winter comes with the level cap increase there isn't going to be anything new so you'd reaccumulate any spent resources anyway if you play the game at all.

like I said, if people dont want to wait for better gear to release then feel free to jump to Geant and Strega gear. Again, I personally don't feel like burning resources to do it no matter how easy it is to farm and frankly don't think these units with all their negatives are worth it but the Strega series I could get away with if I really wanted to. This comparison chart ONLY applies if you did God affixes on your Cras gear, if you didn't then obviously none of this matters.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I think the main difference is that you can squeeze out a bit more atk% from the new gear and aside from that defense shouldn't really be a biggie at this point of the game. I try to be a man and accept that reverser or moon atomizer whatever when I fall!