Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    I find our lack of control over area instances baffling.

I cannot create a new instance of an area.
    I can be in a party and end up in a different instance than my team mates because one of them went to fill an existing instance and I went to another one.

This is really bad.
    While I do wish it was possible to create private instances for exploration and battle sectors, you can just use the ryuker device to go to your friends' instance or vice versa. It's not like it kicks you out of the party or anything.

I think I can complain here now. I had a hope of something change in NGS but... It's a freaking 2021 now:

1 Where is adjustable interface? Even Classic WoW back in 2005 had it.
    2 Where is a free adjustable camera?
    3 Why camera's always forcefully change itself whenever it wants?
    4 Why in Salon I still can't open a few option adjusting windows?
    5 Why when I exchange ability capsules I need to input tons of resources and not a destination item wanted count?
    6 Why need to make these Cocoons/Towers when players clear these once to 5 star and forget about them?

It's barely a few things I can remember by now but there's still more.
    I just log in barely for 2 hours now to collect Reactors, clear Dailies and play in Salon a little. It's fcking nothing to do.
    Just keep playing this 'cause it's still PSO2 but now it's worse than any random Korean shitty grinding-game.
    Last edited by Zulastar; Jul 9, 2021 at 09:29 PM.

And more:

7 Where is a direct Tasks window hotkey?
    8 Why when I rebind some functions like "interact", "dodge", "switch target", etc. to differrent buttons they works only in Cursor mode but not in Camera one?
    9 Why game during a combat feels free to start a chat with NPC due to Task clear and remove subpallete bar from a screen so it's functions and weapon switching can't be used at this time till dialogue which can't be skipped ends?
    10 Why there is no option to hide all items unusable in NGS in storage? Or at least sort them like this? It's really annoying to list this endless Material storage just to skip all unusable items and find some NGS stuff among them...
    11 Why there is no option to switch inventory from list to icons?
    12 Why when I sell items I need to click these fcking arrows on each item? I wanna freaking click-drag highlight selecting and selling it one click already in damn 2021.
    Last edited by Zulastar; Jul 9, 2021 at 09:33 PM.

I have no idea what type of pull this dude has to be able to direct the brand new PSO MMO. He nearly killed the game in Japan with EP5's stupidity and the JP's absolutely cannot stand him.
    The dude is directing this game like he's making a mobile gacha game, but he isn't - this is a multi-platform triple A game. His "Grand plan" seems to be to make a game, then slowly drip feed release it over 2-3 years so he doesn't need to actually spend resources developing a game for the first 1-2 years to make profits go sky high(Kinda easy to make profits when you're not spending any money and only gaining). On top of this, his design for the game seems to be "Seasonal" gameplay where they simply change the element weakness and add new drops to already existing again, so again, he doesn't have to spend any resources on actually developing the game.

The lack of content is completely unacceptable for a multi-platform triple A MMO. If a game released in this bugged, unfinished, clearly untested, very obviously rushed state 15 years ago it would go down as one of the worst games in gaming history. Now? People gladly eat it up and don't care...

This game is in such a pathetic state I don't understand why all news media / gaming content creators aren't covering it. It's a great story and fascinating a game could release and exist like this.
    Last edited by Shiyo; Jul 10, 2021 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    It's a great story and fascinating a game could release and exist like this.
    I played Firefall back in 2015 right before I got into PSO2. It was still considered as an open beta back than but was in much better state than this both in quality and quantity.

And now we have 2021 here and SEGA doesn't even bother to rid of some outdated mechanics. Even a "new" graphics is kinda outdated now with all these DLSS and Ray Tracing development. Quantity is lacking too, especially a variety of enemies present. Since I got into PSO2 I don't follow a trend MMORPGs but I still remember WoW, TERA, BnS and Archeage... and now we have THIS.

This game is in such a pathetic state I don't understand why all news media / gaming content creators aren't covering it. It's a great story and fascinating a game could release and exist like this.
    So many MMOs come out and flop that I don't see why anyone would bother trying to milk this. You call it a triple A game, but honestly the series as a whole is pretty niche in the grand scheme of things. I feel like the general reaction from people who aren't still actively playing has been to just move on without any fanfar because to them this is just "another MMO that came out".
    The other thing is that, bugs and weird design decisions aside, gameplay wise there's a really solid foundation. I'm literally only playing the game because it's fun to play, and when it gets boring I'll stop. Like I always have. For people who only play a couple of hours a day, or just log on to chat with friends the lack of content isn't very noticeable.

And before anyone comes in saying I'm defending the lack of content, I'm not. I'm just explaining why outside of places that are focused on the game specifically, like here or the subreddit, there isn't a lot of people talking about the state of the game. Most people I watch who cover games and weren't specifically super into Phantasy Star don't even know NGS is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    gameplay wise there's a really solid foundation.
    The issue with this, as we saw in PSO2, is that due to constant power creep, events, boosts, limited time content etc.. there is only ever 1-2 forms of relevant(appropriately challenging OR rewarding) content ever so the game is perpetually stuck in this "really solid foundation but no house on top of it" state.

Sega doesn't give this game series the respect, care, love, and attention it deserves. It's just a cash cow to them.

The issue with this, as we saw in PSO2, is that due to constant power creep, events, boosts, limited time content etc.. there is only ever 1-2 forms of relevant(appropriately challenging OR rewarding) content ever so the game is perpetually stuck in this "really solid foundation but no house on top of it" state.
    Ok? And why are random game news sites and channels, or casual players who just log on to do dailies and maybe do an EQ if one is up, going to care, or even know, about that right now?
    Like you say "This game is in such a pathetic state I don't understand why all news media / gaming content creators aren't covering it. It's a great story and fascinating a game could release and exist like this.", but that's kinda the thing, there have been WAY worse flops of WAY more anticipated mainstream games. "new online game lacks content and is buggy at launch" isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Especially after things like FFXIV basically needing to be be rebuilt, everything about Fallout 76.
    Like the consensus I've seen from most people is that the game is fun, but lacks content, and has some bugs. How specific people feel about that varies, but I really think you've overstating how bad the launch is, or how much people care about the franchise. It's mediocre and underwhelming, not a trash fire, and mediocre isn't usually worth covering unless you're already invested. People probably won't start covering it for like a year when we get the "whatever happened to PSO2 NGS" stuff.

Sega doesn't give this game series the respect, care, love, and attention it deserves. It's just a cash cow to them.
    Yup.