Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't explain how the scaling works, or any of the things that would cause problems for other people.
    It shouldn't have to. If you're going to camp North Aerio 001 or any of the higher numbered blocks, and stand around on the ruins where everyone else is level 20, and then a lvl 24 purple blob spawns that tells you your level gap is too high your damage is nerfed it should be pretty obvious that you shouldn't be there and should instead be idling in Vanford for free exp and drops.

    Also the game isn't going to tell you that you are guaranteed PSE bursts during a thunderstorm, which is time better spent if you are under level 20.
    Last edited by FOnewearl-Lina; Jul 10, 2021 at 01:08 AM.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I legitimately just hate the word leech in this context. People have way too much contempt for anyone who simply doesn't know anything because no one explained it to them.
    nah, not going to give anyone leniency anymore when people have told others in the field that if youre under Lv20 youre making the fight harder for everyone in a very nice and polite way only to either be ignored, berated with "lol dont care"/insults (both JP and Eng are guilty of this) or purposely griefing rooms by going into the fight under leveled or literally just standing around nearby still boosting the bosses HP but leeching for drops along with not being able to clear to be told "lol you guys suck" or w/e. Just the many examples I and others have gone through the past couple of weeks.

    Ya I get Sega could have gone into more details about not being in the right Level range but I'm still going to agree, if it tells you reduced damage, you should get the hint and stop attacking the Gigantix, especially because you're hitting 1's. As for the "not everyone started on launch", oh well, you're not contributing to the group aside burdening everyone else, don't be around the Gigantix.

    Either way, the upcoming fixes should have been this way from the start and I wouldn't have to be so annoyed about running timed content Sega said they wanted to stay away from but here it is, something thats sorta making everyone upset about. It got to the point where I stopped trying to kill Gigantix bosses because there was always a small handful under leveled people trying to kill it that it's not worth putting in the time to just see it disappear after all the effort from the other Lv20s
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jul 10, 2021 at 05:56 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  3. #13
    Garbage-chan Kondibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In her garbage can.
    Posts
    9,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    It shouldn't have to. If you're going to camp North Aerio 001 or any of the higher numbered blocks, and stand around on the ruins where everyone else is level 20, and then a lvl 24 purple blob spawns that tells you your level gap is too high your damage is nerfed it should be pretty obvious that you shouldn't be there and should instead be idling in Vanford for free exp and drops.
    I'm not sure I follow. If people don't know about the level scaling then they would assume any damage is better than no damage at all. Like the issue isn't people not knowing about the damage reduction, that's obvious, it's about the enemy scaling. A lot of people just want to be a part of the big exciting thing happening.
    A lot of people also see level based damage reduction as "fighting this will be harder" not "you shouldn't be fighting this". Any time I saw underleveled people stick around for the whole fight they were either in the level range where their damage was more than just 1, or they were a literal fresh level 5 who walked out the gate just randomly happened to see stuff going on and know nothing about the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    Also the game isn't going to tell you that you are guaranteed PSE bursts during a thunderstorm, which is time better spent if you are under level 20.
    I'm not sure why you brought this up, because I also think this is a problem. In fact I think everything about the PSEs is a problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    nah, not going to give anyone leniency anymore when people have told others in the field that if youre under Lv20 youre making the fight harder for everyone in a very nice and polite way only to either be ignored, berated with "lol dont care"/insults (both JP and Eng are guilty of this) or purposely griefing rooms by going into the fight under leveled or literally just standing around nearby still boosting the bosses HP but leeching for drops along with not being able to clear to be told "lol you guys suck" or w/e. Just the many examples I and others have gone through the past couple of weeks.
    That's obviously not what I'm talking about. If people are giving you shit after you properly explained it, then yeah, no need to give them the benefit of the doubt. But I've seen plenty of cases of people explaining how it works and the undereleveled people just being like "oh, I'll keep that in mind" and leaving. There's always going to be assholes who don't care, but in my experience they aren't the majority, they're just the loudest.


    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    Ya I get Sega could have gone into more details about not being in the right Level range but I'm still going to agree, if it tells you reduced damage, you should get the hint and stop attacking the Gigantix, especially because you're hitting 1's.
    You don't do just 1s though. The damage reduction scales based on your level.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    As for the "not everyone started on launch", oh well, you're not contributing to the group aside burdening everyone else, don't be around the Gigantix.
    I mean, yeah, I'm not saying they should stay, I'm saying that you shouldn't assume the majority are out there specifically to leach or make things harder just because there's some bad eggs. I also think people explain it poorly. most people just say "if you're underleveled you're making it harder for everyone" Or even worse, just saying "If you're below level 20 don't fight it" which gives people the impression that someone is being "elitist". You need to explain that the enemies scale based on the number of players, so having players who do reduced damage means everyone else needs to pick up the slack. Like, it needs to be clear that it's a specific mechanical reason for it.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post

    You don't do just 1s though. The damage reduction scales based on your level.
    I mean, yeah, I'm not saying they should stay, I'm saying that you shouldn't assume the majority are out there specifically to leach or make things harder just because there's some bad eggs. I also think people explain it poorly. most people just say "if you're underleveled you're making it harder for everyone" Or even worse, just saying "If you're below level 20 don't fight it" which gives people the impression that someone is being "elitist". You need to explain that the enemies scale based on the number of players, so having players who do reduced damage means everyone else needs to pick up the slack. Like, it needs to be clear that it's a specific mechanical reason for it.
    I've seen it perfectly explain to people before, THEY DO NOT CARE and they keep on fighting it anyways. For some reason there are people who seem to think fighting Gigantix for exp is a thing as well and using it to power level friends, its unreal. I frankly don't care for the real reason anymore whether they're a leech, griefer or just flat out don't know, its a burden to the group and something Sega shouldnt have implemented in this way from the start. Had they done this originally, I wouldnt have so much animosity toward this but it literally flat out made me stop running this content whenever it showed up knowing that it was a waste of time to try and kill it and it just runs away because of group of low levels trying to kill it.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  5. #15
    Garbage-chan Kondibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In her garbage can.
    Posts
    9,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    Sega shouldnt have implemented in this way from the start. Had they done this originally, I wouldnt have so much animosity toward this but it literally flat out made me stop running this content whenever it showed up knowing that it was a waste of time to try and kill it and it just runs away because of group of low levels trying to kill it.
    Well I certainly agree with that. I basically did my 5 for the SG and stopped. Hopefully the changes make just casually doing them if I happen to be around feel more worth while too. Especially with storms going back to being random.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I'm not sure why you brought this up, because I also think this is a problem. In fact I think everything about the PSEs is a problem.
    I'm not saying it's a problem, thunderstorm locks the PSE level to 4 so you are guaranteed a burst when you clear a trial, which is time better spent when you are underlevelled. Guaranteed bursts are a good thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Any time I saw underleveled people stick around for the whole fight they were either in the level range where their damage was more than just 1
    Gigantix mechanics aside, these people are knowingly doing reduced damage even after being warned by the game itself, they are relying on the properly levelled players to carry them through the fight, which makes them a leech.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

  7. #17
    Garbage-chan Kondibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In her garbage can.
    Posts
    9,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    I'm not saying it's a problem, thunderstorm locks the PSE level to 4 so you are guaranteed a burst when you clear a trial, which is time better spent when you are underlevelled. Guaranteed bursts are a good thing.
    I meant the fact that the game doesn't explain that is a problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    Gigantix mechanics aside, these people are knowingly doing reduced damage even after being warned by the game itself, they are relying on the properly leveled players to carry them through the fight, which makes them a leech.
    I just find the term leech way too dehumanizing and accusatory to just slap on people. If the enemies weren't scaling they wouldn't be leeching. So if they don't know about that mechanic, then thinking less of them seems kinda shitty.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I meant the fact that the game doesn't explain that is a problem.


    I just find the term leech way too dehumanizing and accusatory to just slap on people.
    I don't think the game should have to explain every single mechanic, a lot of games don't.

    If we can't call them leeches, can we call them underachievers? What's a good politically correct term we can use here?
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

  9. #19
    Garbage-chan Kondibon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In her garbage can.
    Posts
    9,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    I don't think the game should have to explain every single mechanic, a lot of games don't.
    Sure, but mechanics that dictate how and who should be doing content are kind of important. Though in the case of storms I think I might have been conflating it with the other PSE mechanics which I think are way too unintutive for how poorly they're explained in-game.

    Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    If we can't call them leeches, can we call them underachievers? What's a good politically correct term we can use here?
    Don't call them anything? I just don't like the assumption that people are intentionally there to make things harder for other people or get rewards without trying. You're not a leech if it's an accident. And if your point is that anything that's detrimental to other players regardless of your intentions makes someone a leech then I'm gonna have to ask you to get over yourself.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Don't call them anything? I just don't like the assumption that people are intentionally there to make things harder for other people or get rewards without trying. You're not a leech if it's an accident. And if your point is that anything that's detrimental to other players regardless of your intentions makes someone a leech then I'm gonna have to ask you to get over yourself.
    Ok I got over myself.

    But the underlevelled players that AREN'T there by accident? That camp there all day despite being underlevelled? Can I call them leeches?
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone have a sorcerer's cane for trade?
    By CookieSnatcha in forum PSO Trading (Closed)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 29, 2002, 01:44 AM
  2. I have alot of Photon Drops for trade
    By Hotrodimus in forum PSO Trading (Closed)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 9, 2002, 06:20 AM
  3. i have a heaven punisher +5 for trade, lavis wanted...
    By zanidyn in forum PSO Trading (Closed)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2001, 11:21 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Apr 2, 2001, 10:25 PM
  5. Have some good stuff, looking for an Agito(Preferably Real)
    By Mindblade in forum PSO Trading (Closed)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Mar 8, 2001, 10:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •