Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Weekly meseta will be increased!

Weekly meseta tasks will be increased from 500k to 700k.

Have been add new side tasks and weekly tasks. You can earn a total of 200k Meseta by completing the added weekly tasks.

新たにサイドタスクおよびウィークリータスクを追加します。
    追加されたウィークリータスクを達成することで、合計200,000メセタを獲得することがで きます。

https://pso2.jp/players/news/28246/
    Last edited by Maulcun; Aug 3, 2021 at 10:49 PM.

Let the inflation begin!

How many Zimbabwean dollars does that Lobby Action cost?
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

I feel like this isn't going to have nearly as much of an impact on the economy as redboxing did. Though this seems aimed at making equipment upgrading more manageable than doing anything about the player trading economy, since anyone with a brain will know the only way to fix that is to give free players a way to sell stuff.

Old dailies: "There's no way to make money if you're f2p!"
    New dailies: "Oh no, inflation!"

There's just no pleasing people, huh.

The problem is that this doesn't solve anything as it's cancelled by inflation, what was needed was to close the gap between non-prem and premium, and prevent red box farming from happening (which they failed to), so this is another non-fix.

I am not unpleased, I was simply stating that inflation happens, and will happen at a faster rate as players wallets get bigger.

Of course, with Maintenance going into overtime +6 hours with no planned end no one can earn anything!
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Inflation happens but it's inevitable as more ways to generate money are introduced. The only way to prevent it is to not introduce any more opportunities to make meseta into the game at all, and I think nobody wants that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    The problem is that this doesn't solve anything as it's cancelled by inflation, what was needed was to close the gap between non-prem and premium, and prevent red box farming from happening (which they failed to), so this is another non-fix.
    Okay let's hear you out then. How exactly would you "close the gap" between f2p and premium players*, and how would you prevent red box farming from happening.

* - Other than making it so f2p players have access to my shop passes somehow. Yes we all know that one, and I'm still convinced we'll get passes eventually, just not yet.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Aug 4, 2021 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Inflation happens but it's inevitable as more ways to generate money are introduced. The only way to prevent it is to not introduce any more opportunities to make meseta into the game at all, and I think nobody wants that.

Okay let's hear you out then. How exactly would you "close the gap" between f2p and premium players*, and how would you prevent red box farming from happening.

* - Other than making it so f2p players have access to my shop passes somehow. Yes we all know that one, and I'm still convinced we'll get passes eventually, just not yet.
    Yeah, that one, but to go even beyond, gear upgrading costs need to be lowered so the already poor budget of freemium isn't already sabotaged by gear grinding costs, also lower, or remove outright the low pricing limit on player shop to allow prices to drop further down to adjust to the freemium budget.

To summarize:
    -Lower grinding costs
    -Lower/remove low pricing limit in player shop
    -The obvious one.

I don't see how lowering grinding costs is better than increasing player income: if anything the latter is better because you don't grind all the time (only when you have a new weapon to grind), but you do clear weeklies all the time.

Also generally speaking introducing new ways of making money is good for the f2p players, even if it increases ingame inflation a little. Introducing universal income or increasing minimal wage helps the poorest more than it does the richest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintama View Post
    Yeah, that one, but to go even beyond, gear upgrading costs need to be lowered so the already poor budget of freemium isn't already sabotaged by gear grinding costs, also lower, or remove outright the low pricing limit on player shop to allow prices to drop further down to adjust to the freemium budget.

To summarize:
    -Lower grinding costs
    -Lower/remove low pricing limit in player shop
    -The obvious one.
    Lowering equipment costs would actually increase inflation and expediate the gap as they're one of the few meseta sinks in the game.