Default PSO2 JP no longer IP / region blocked?

hello, i'm just wondering if the PSO2 JP servers are again accessable from elsewhere without risking a VPN and an account ban.
    my fiancee and i have characters with over 600 hours and loads of items and content we haven't been able to access since NG released and Sega locked the JP servers.
    if you know for sure if they are accessable again or not, please let me know.
    i cannot find any information on the status of the JP server accessability that is up to date.
    thanks in advance.

You could try logging in from your PC to see if it will let you connect?
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

unfortunately we uninstalled the game when we found out we were region blocked, so we're trying to find out first if we can get in before redownloading 70+ gb

Okay.

I turned off my VPN and logged out, this is what I am seeing indicating that the IP block is still in place:

Time to fight to get back into B1.

You might want to consider re-installing so that you can check if the IP block is still in place, though I would imagine it would be permanent since there is a global server.

is this for the PSO2 servers or the New Genesis servers ? the screen looks like NG but like i said we uninstalled so maybe they changed the screen, i'm not familiar with how it looks rn
    i'm trying to play PSO2 classic, for NG i dont mind making a new char on NA.
    but we want access to our JP characters if we can get them.
    i guess i'll also ask though, do you know what the risk is regarding using the VPN with PSO2 servers to log in ?
    is it true theyll ban accounts for it / how high of a risk of a ban is there ? if you happen to know

Aren't PSO2 and NGS servers connected to the ship selection screen? You need to be able to select the ship before you can log in to either entrance and since it's listed as under maintenance you can't get in.

I've been using a VPN on and off since 2013, and have not encountered any issues. Some VPNs claim to be undetectable so there should not be an issue but there is always a small risk since you are not supposed to be playing on a server that does not service your area.

ah i see i didn't know they merged the screen for both games to log into. got it.
    and i see, i was wondering how big of a risk it was because i dont see many players complaining about getiting banned but i felt it was worth asking.
    thanks for the info, i'll maybe start with NG and attempt to get back into online 2 JP another time with a good VPN

as a side question, if you happen to know as well, are there any plans for NG to add player rooms ?
    because that is a major feature that PSO2 has that it does very very well, and i would hope NG plans to add it (if its not in already?)

Confirmed. You have to select your ship, then character, and then you can select between PSO2 and NGS. Since you can't even get into the ship with the IP block you won't be able to proceed.

I imagine player housing is on the list of things to be re-implemented, maybe someone who actually watches the NGS Headlines will have more information.

If you don't mind playing in Japanese or with Japanese players, you should consider that VPN, otherwise you'll have to start anew without voices.accessories etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGodlyMonster View Post
    hello, i'm just wondering if the PSO2 JP servers are again accessable from elsewhere without risking a VPN and an account ban.
    my fiancee and i have characters with over 600 hours and loads of items and content we haven't been able to access since NG released and Sega locked the JP servers.
    if you know for sure if they are accessable again or not, please let me know.
    i cannot find any information on the status of the JP server accessability that is up to date.
    thanks in advance.
    everyone who cared about their account is still using a VPN and playing to this day, no bans. i suggest you get Amazon and Proxycap or something with a stable IP that doesnt change constantly but even then, I know ppl who have their IPs constantly change and nothings happen to them outside not having a super stable connection. people who dont care have either dropped JP and went to Global or just flat out not playing atm, theres nothing we can do about the IP block until Sega drops it, why its there no one knows, you can jump into a million conspiracy about why its there (oh they just want more global players etc etc) but there is no true answer unless Sega themselves say it and they wont.

If I remember correctly, you can't go directly to PSO2 without having at least gotten to the first Ryuker device in the city after clearing the first Cocoon, I may be wrong about that though. either way, using a VPN is fine since you need to remember, just about everyone is using a VPN now a days (nord VPN) so its not really out of the ordinary to do so, even people in Japan do it.

i guess i'll also ask though, do you know what the risk is regarding using the VPN with PSO2 servers to log in ?
    is it true theyll ban accounts for it / how high of a risk of a ban is there ? if you happen to know
    barely any risk, you would probably have to constantly connect to their servers to really do something about it, if they really wanted no foreigners on their game, they would ban your PCs MAC address instead

as a side question, if you happen to know as well, are there any plans for NG to add player rooms ?
    because that is a major feature that PSO2 has that it does very very well, and i would hope NG plans to add it (if its not in already?)
    Heres the roadmap, thats what is suppose to show up this year. A lot of people have speculated that this game wasn't suppose to release for another year because its VERY evident that this game is still in Beta (while I will continue to argue that it is until Luster release next summer) and it's missing literally all the basic things we had on PSO2s launch which uhh Sega will shamefully reveal later like its some amazing thing. Either way, unless its been shown on the roadmap, no one knows when rooms if or are coming back

Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Aug 21, 2021 at 10:39 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers