Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Default How do you feel about AC locking items on purchase?

    Friend and I were talking about this before, the idea is to buy an AC item from a current or new scratch, upon purchasing the item you are told that once it is bought, you cannot sell this item back. The idea behind this is to prevent other players from the continued practice of price gauging/hoarding scratch items that go out of rotation and re-selling back at ridiculous prices (it's been a thing since 2012 and it's frankly annoying and scummy), on top of this the other idea was for Sega to remove this ridiculous 2 ticket unlock system for all characters to use and have it simply be just 1 ticket unlocks for the entire account instead.

    Just curious and want something to talk about even though I feel like the only people who would get upset at this are the ones capitalizing on this practice and the people that just skip screens before purchasing then whining later about it.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  2. #2

    Default

    There's also the 10% tax on sale! (up from PSO2's 5%?) So selling an item for 3m, the 300k from that is just gone.. that's half of our weekly allowance right there! But to be on honest, I have no idea why there is an inflation going on right now maybe because of the alpha reactors in the event exchange? Either way I'm always left dry when there's a new scratch.

  3. #3

    Default

    That's not going to stop people who whale with AC from hoarding their items, I have a group member who keeps going on about how they have multiple N-ponytails and Rabbitdances stowed away in their storage for sale later down the line. You don't even need to whale that hard if you know a particular item is especially valueable you can use an exchange ticket to stock up.

    Only option to avoid price-gouging would be to have items become unsaleable after the scratch period ends. Then you can exchange those items for recycle badges.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by classicburger View Post
    There's also the 10% tax on sale! (up from PSO2's 5%?) So selling an item for 3m, the 300k from that is just gone.. that's half of our weekly allowance right there! But to be on honest, I have no idea why there is an inflation going on right now maybe because of the alpha reactors in the event exchange? Either way I'm always left dry when there's a new scratch.
    if you're playing Global, that stupid GM/Mod that said it was okay for people to Red Box farm is why the inflation is so bad over there and it's either going to years for it to fix itself or just flat out never fix itself and continue to get worse. Sega could have easily mitigated this by removing all the funds that people Red Box farmed for OR flat out curved the problem way earlier and had the dam Ban rule saying if you did this, you're getting banned. They let this Red Box farming progress well over a month with people making roughly 80 accounts a day (or more) and farming the Red Box route. What was the solution to all this from Sega? oh ya add an extra 20mins to the Red Box farming so it takes them a bit more to use the player shop which isn't going to stop them from doing this.

    sprinkle meseta sellers on top of all this too as annoying as it is to see them in almost every block. the alpha reactor exchange though, ya it adds a bit of inflation but it's not game breaking enough with Red Box farmers netting around 400k per account per hour

    Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl-Lina View Post
    That's not going to stop people who whale with AC from hoarding their items, I have a group member who keeps going on about how they have multiple N-ponytails and Rabbitdances stowed away in their storage for sale later down the line. You don't even need to whale that hard if you know a particular item is especially valueable you can use an exchange ticket to stock up.

    Only option to avoid price-gouging would be to have items become unsaleable after the scratch period ends. Then you can exchange those items for recycle badges.
    Whales are going to whale, ya they can hoard but I wasn't directing them in my post. Not trying to sound rude but it seemed really obvious they would hoard things they scratched for a long time, thats not saying they dont already do that now and back in PSO2c. Ya it's also not hard to hoard popular Hairstyles, LA's, etc for sale later on. Not sure about the expiration date, it doesn't like a bad idea either.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25

    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    Whales are going to whale, ya they can hoard but I wasn't directing them in my post.
    Okay, so you're only concerned with people making profit from reselling scratch items (which you can do with non-AC items anyway), and not the resulting inflated price of the item, or anyone else that just hoards items, got it.

    Things go out of season and market price fluctuates, the reseller made an initial risk investing in the item in the first place so I don't see why this should be a problem? If you really wanted the item back then you should have bought it when it was in season.
    Should I be stopped from selling my Giga Power 2s during reward period because I bought enough for a full set and then changed my mind obout making melee gear?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    Not trying to sound rude
    Don't worry about being polite, I just mentioned it since it ultimately contributes to the inflated price problem.

    If you want to be really draconian, all scratch items should have an expiry date and automatically convert to recycle badges during maintenance.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

  6. #6

    Default

    The best solution for this is more often Revival scratches. If people will be aware of approx 2-3 month their stocks will go to the bottom they'll won't hold onto it.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you feel about PSO2 coming to Vita?
    By Tetsaru in forum PSO2 General
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Apr 10, 2012, 01:54 PM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2008, 01:45 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 1, 2006, 06:44 AM
  4. How do You feel about Slinkies?
    By Lone_HUmar in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2004, 11:35 PM
  5. How Do You Feel About This?
    By Para in forum Cheaters (Closed)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 20, 2003, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •