No this isn't about ice cream

So I've been reading that both base games were rather empty in terms of content and frankly I've been thinking about PSO2 classic a lot and how back then I remember distinctively being VERY busy playing the game for the first couple of months. I don't ever remember complaining that there was nothing to do, PSO2 was my addiction and I never dropped it for very long periods of time to go play other games while I waited for content to come back on its first year.

Meanwhile we have NGS, It feels incredibly off to be able to be done with everything in less than 2 weeks and logging in for daily/weeklies and just not bothering with the game for the rest of the day or week and devoting more time to playing other games because theres just not much to do in NGS. I don't rock collect anymore, it feels pointless especially with the decent amount I already have (rock collecting = artificially keeping you on the game longer), I dont gather unless it's a daily req and all I do is just collect daily Alpha reactors then log off.

----------------------

So while I'm trying not to post a wall-o-text about this whole thing, for those who were playing PSO2 back in 2012 to current times (Global server starting players need not respond for obvious reasons), what is your opinion on both base games? I am just misremembering everything? For a game that began development back in 2017, you would think there would be so much more to do.