Default NGS Headline 6 (Official Broadcast)

''NGS Headline'' is a new series of official broadcasts that deliver the newest information about the game!

Sources

[Japanese] https://pso2.jp/players/news/28573/
    [English] https://ngs.pso2.com/news/media/pso2headline20211207

Schedule

Where to watch

Hosts
    • Hiro Arai (Main Host aka official navigator of PSO2 NGS)

Important Topics
    1. A conversation about current operations, future updates, campaigns, and other related topics.
    2. Information about December updates.
    3. More details of the major update called Sandstorm Requiem (Scheduled to release December 15)
    4. Information about a new roadmap.
    Last edited by Maulcun; Nov 29, 2021 at 09:13 PM.

Reminder that you guys need to keep your expectations low when they show off the rest of this months "big" update. They are showing what was initially planned for this year and if you come in with the mentality of "what you guys said you would put out more content, reeee" then you're only going to hurt yourself. They've already said publicly that their content output would change from the player feedback and basically won't reflect until next year, which we can sort of base how they're going to with the new roadmap and well, when they start talking about it.

and as negative as I usually am, I really don't think people should be getting hyped for standard things returning like My Room and Team Rooms. Given that this is basically an early access Beta or w/e you want to call it, most of this was going to come back sooner or later. I guess what I'm getting at is that we should be getting excited for the new, that what wasn't implemented from the start, updates to My Room and Team Room definitely get excited granted you know they're really good lol. I guess I'm conflicted because of Sega has treated the games since basically 2006, either way, if they get HMZK off the team or some with an actually brain to push the game into a positive direction then the better.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I don't mind waiting really. Just seeing the new Techniques and Techter ability has me happy enough, along with just being in a new area and titles. So right now I'm just eager to see what else they'll be showing. Maybe new skills they didn't show already, more of that sandworm boss, and I recall something about a "Part 1" being around, so there may be even more stuff come part 2 or whatever. All about patience really.

Of course I myself would love to hear about the return of Personal Quarters/Rooms if that'll be a thing one day... That and hoping the Emperappy returns with its cuteness (and hugs). That and I wanna know anything about making alliances more appealing just like what base had, but better. Guess we'll see what the Headline has to offer in a matter of hours.

Why players need content? They're should play Salon instead >_<

remember the devs are going to put the bateries on after this update , just dont panic about why it disapoint you .

personally the new class stuff its what im more exited for , specially the techs .

and in matter of story , we need a villain to show up , its to much to ask for a hechmen at least? . just think about back in EP1: in the very first chapter we had Persona as a villain . just for a point of reference

this roadmap 100% did not make me feel better about the future of the game, its literally going to take maybe a couple of years before its actually good, if it ever gets good. sticking to your guns with a new story chapter every 6 MONTHs is just idk man, I guess its all by design for the investors to increase their grip/control of the game and to make sure they get the most bang out of their buck with sega already confirming to them that this game will do financially well in 2022. Sure they can mention theres going to be more things announced in between the "major" updates but i refuse to believe its nothing but more than just inane tasks for earning SG, seasonal points and of course: collab scratches.

We don't even see Summoner or Luster in the new roadmap anymore so I suppose we can assume:
    -They'll be released in between Jan-June
    -They both got pushed back into July-Dec 2022
    -For whatever reason not a priority to bother with this year

Overall, when Retem hits, it will keep us busy for roughly 2-3 weeks, MAYBE a month and then its back to doing the bare minimal on logins again or just playing other things. It was expected though and frankly I was hoping the new roadmap would have changed my view on the game
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Dec 7, 2021 at 06:09 PM.
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    its literally going to take maybe a couple of years before its actually good
    As I already said SEGA's too late with this all NGS thing. They're should start it instead of IDOLA and things could be good now.
    But they're too greedy. And lazy.
    Last edited by Zulastar; Dec 7, 2021 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    As I already said SEGA's too late with this all NGS thing. They're should start it instead of IDOLA and things could be good now.
    But they're too greedy. And lazy.
    last i checked theres another team who worked on IDOLA, not the core devs working on the mainland game. you need to also remember they use funds from NGS to pay for other projects too which uh, they're recouping from Sakura Wars and soon Sins Chronicles
    PSO2 NGS

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post

this roadmap 100% did not make me feel better about the future of the game, its literally going to take maybe a couple of years before its actually good, if it ever gets good. sticking to your guns with a new story chapter every 6 MONTHs is just idk man, I guess its all by design for the investors to increase their grip/control of the game and to make sure they get the most bang out of their buck with sega already confirming to them that this game will do financially well in 2022. Sure they can mention theres going to be more things announced in between the "major" updates but i refuse to believe its nothing but more than just inane tasks for earning SG, seasonal points and of course: collab scratches.

We don't even see Summoner or Luster in the new roadmap anymore so I suppose we can assume:
    -They'll be released in between Jan-June
    -They both got pushed back into July-Dec 2022
    -For whatever reason not a priority to bother with this year

Overall, when Retem hits, it will keep us busy for roughly 2-3 weeks, MAYBE a month and then its back to doing the bare minimal on logins again or just playing other things. It was expected though and frankly I was hoping the new roadmap would have changed my view on the game
    I don't see any end game at all besides "SUPER CHALLENGING QUESTS" which sounds like a joke just by that name. They really think they can make a MMO in 2021 that's just "story, eq's and leveling".

Enjoy your perma zombie game, I guess, Sega.
    I can't imagine many people are keeping this 100 GB game installed to log in occasionally to check out the new event. Why they're treating this game like it's a mobile game is beyond me.
    Last edited by Shiyo; Dec 17, 2021 at 06:25 PM.