Threaded View

Default Retem Region Impressions

So now that theres finally some new content and more things to do (once maint is over), what are your impressions on this update? I have my pro's and cons to this update but I want to try and enjoy it while it lasts.
    (aka we're all busy for a couple of weeks and we go back to doing what we're doing now before this update because theres nothing left to do).

Pros:
    -Very beautiful region, I think they did a good job here.
    -The music is amazing and absolutely destroys whats been put out so far (i'd argue even PSO2s OST takes some hits).
    -2/3 of the new 5* series look very good aesthetically
    -T Rex boss and Snake boss are my favorite so far.
    -Story wasn't too bad
    -New Techs are fun, I'd argue Tech users enjoyed this update a lot.
    -Cocoons and Tower runs werent too bad
    -Naturally the QoL stuff
    -New skills that weren't mentioned were nice to see, while some weren't amazing, others were great.
    -Plenty of side stuff to do.
    -MOST IMPORTANTLY: E-Maintenance did not happen at all first day or extended maintenance. Call be surprised

Cons:
    -The endgame is once again: Gigantix farming. Which I guess we have to get used to.
    -LOTs of reused enemies, I don't want to get into money/time saving debate for game development but I tend to forget Sega is the master of recycling after years of playing all their games.
    -The unfortunate thing of theres going to be little to do once you hit the cap, get your sp and gear. I'm not convinced we're going to see anything different for things to do outside what we've done already (seasonals, event panels, etc), so we'll go back to what we're doing on launch.

I frankly don't have a super amount of Cons for this update outside the negatives we already knew for launch up to this point. I'm enjoying this though despite how negative I sound. It's worth coming back and getting caught up and if you feel like playing some more you can or just hop the game whenever, it's not that different than before.
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Dec 16, 2021 at 04:08 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers