Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Retem Region Impressions

So now that theres finally some new content and more things to do (once maint is over), what are your impressions on this update? I have my pro's and cons to this update but I want to try and enjoy it while it lasts.
    (aka we're all busy for a couple of weeks and we go back to doing what we're doing now before this update because theres nothing left to do).

Pros:
    -Very beautiful region, I think they did a good job here.
    -The music is amazing and absolutely destroys whats been put out so far (i'd argue even PSO2s OST takes some hits).
    -2/3 of the new 5* series look very good aesthetically
    -T Rex boss and Snake boss are my favorite so far.
    -Story wasn't too bad
    -New Techs are fun, I'd argue Tech users enjoyed this update a lot.
    -Cocoons and Tower runs werent too bad
    -Naturally the QoL stuff
    -New skills that weren't mentioned were nice to see, while some weren't amazing, others were great.
    -Plenty of side stuff to do.
    -MOST IMPORTANTLY: E-Maintenance did not happen at all first day or extended maintenance. Call be surprised

Cons:
    -The endgame is once again: Gigantix farming. Which I guess we have to get used to.
    -LOTs of reused enemies, I don't want to get into money/time saving debate for game development but I tend to forget Sega is the master of recycling after years of playing all their games.
    -The unfortunate thing of theres going to be little to do once you hit the cap, get your sp and gear. I'm not convinced we're going to see anything different for things to do outside what we've done already (seasonals, event panels, etc), so we'll go back to what we're doing on launch.

I frankly don't have a super amount of Cons for this update outside the negatives we already knew for launch up to this point. I'm enjoying this though despite how negative I sound. It's worth coming back and getting caught up and if you feel like playing some more you can or just hop the game whenever, it's not that different than before.
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Dec 16, 2021 at 04:08 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

So.many.reskins
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

I'm not feeling anything when playing in Retem. No hype or excitement.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Personally don't mind reskins they've been a thing since PSO1. Kinda glad they made each region a separate zone you go into, I was kinda worried Retem would end up being a lot smaller because we had previews of the region and the game is open world. Generally I don't like desert areas in games but, Retem is pretty nice, the weather is a lot more unique than I thought it'd be and night time scenery is really great. It's not amazing but, I do like how it is. The only con at the moment that I have is, the area is not as huge as I'd like it to be but, that might just be my preference.

i'll shift my opinion once i finish everything but im REALLY disappointed that end game is literally just Gigantix farming again which i guess is going to be the same thing for every region and yes, Gigantix weapons are BiS, not so much the units i hear
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

At the moment I like retem, the city is nice whereas deserts are not my thing.
    Oasis is cool and the nights are beautiful.

the atmosphere is good, the music are nice (even if I feel that some of them are remixes of EP 5 and 6).

A lot of reskin but enemies like destyl/malevolant seem to have "interesting" attacks

the Froster Launcher is like the yamato

Apart from that, I don't have much to say... we just do exactly the same thing since the launch of the game and it's still empty.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    i'll shift my opinion once i finish everything but im REALLY disappointed that end game is literally just Gigantix farming again which i guess is going to be the same thing for every region and yes, Gigantix weapons are BiS, not so much the units i hear
    I agree, kinda wish it was a bit different. Hopefully "High Rank Sectors" are a type of end game quest along with the "Super Challenging Quests". Still awhile until then though.

This game is boring me to death and Retem didn't do anything for me other than exist. It's pretty when it isn't graphically bugging out and I guess the music is alright, but I've heard better desert music. I'll forget it when I stop playing again in like 2 days.

More of just running around another big dead biome breaking boxes and killing the worlds easiest (mostly reskinned) enemies. Cocoons still consist of "kill 90 enemies" and then instantly cease to serve a purpose. Terrain doesn't offer any challenge or cool interaction, just more Skyrim rock climbing. Animals still sit in place and do nothing. The same tents and cube houses that don't do anything. Oh look a mysterious door in the canyon! How exciting! Oh it's decoration.

Found an NPC on top of the settlement which was mildly neat. Gave me a quest.
    "go to that rock"
    ok!
    [fast travel and jump to rock in 20 seconds]
    "hey you went to the rock like I told you, here's your prize you, fucking drone! :]"

"True adventure starts now!!"
    You're just more space debris...

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMan View Post
    This game is boring me to death and Retem didn't do anything for me other than exist. It's pretty when it isn't graphically bugging out and I guess the music is alright, but I've heard better desert music. I'll forget it when I stop playing again in like 2 days.

More of just running around another big dead biome breaking boxes and killing the worlds easiest (mostly reskinned) enemies. Cocoons still consist of "kill 90 enemies" and then instantly cease to serve a purpose. Terrain doesn't offer any challenge or cool interaction, just more Skyrim rock climbing. Animals still sit in place and do nothing. The same tents and cube houses that don't do anything. Oh look a mysterious door in the canyon! How exciting! Oh it's decoration.

Found an NPC on top of the settlement which was mildly neat. Gave me a quest.
    "go to that rock"
    ok!
    [fast travel and jump to rock in 20 seconds]
    "hey you went to the rock like I told you, here's your prize you, fucking drone! :]"

"True adventure starts now!!"
    So real lmao

It's exactly the same quests but in the desert

Naugrius was a shitty boss already but it's desert version's weak spot almost unable to hit.