Thread: fun ideas

Lightbulb fun ideas

Alright so here is what i am thinking....
    people are bored because there isnt much to do but there wasnt much to do from the very start a way they could fix this is by adding more cutscenes to the game???? idk how that works but base pso2 had a TON of side content where you got to know and interact with a ton of recurring and sometimes non recurring characters... this makes the player feel more solid in the game i think and even when they get through all that content they will come back for more just to be around the characters

another less important thing would be a new type of weapon drop. these drops would only drop from specific vet bosses in their specific areas.
    an example i thought of would be if you defeated a dread level thunder banser in West aelio you could get a weapon i would call the lightning claw. this would be a katana weapon with potential that adds a large amount additional lightning damage atop its base damage but only for a certain attack. these kinds of weapons would look really cool and be kind of a standalone that maybe you wont be able to make in multiweapons but wont be held back by that due to their power

also making sg scratches available to trade would be nice because i think some of the items from before january would have some value eventually

It took them 3 months to add a few mins of side content. Boss grinding for weapon drops is already what people are doing now. Adding more options to split what people are doing it isn't really changing anything but I like the idea of specific weapon drops that have like a cool look or something to make them special. This wont really fix the lack of content issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxlost View Post
    a way they could fix this is by adding more cutscenes to the game???? idk how that works but base pso2 had a TON of side content where you got to know and interact with a ton of recurring and sometimes non recurring characters... this makes the player feel more solid in the game i think and even when they get through all that content they will come back for more just to be around the characters
    This wouldn't solve anything BUT if it's world building you're asking for, it's something for w/e reason Sega seems to think that waiting 6 months in between story chapters is worth waiting for (sub stories are lol). It's pretty ridiculous that if you want to know more about the story of the game right now, you would need to read up on datamined info because none of the story really goes deep on certain aspects or mentions it at all. You can look around for symbols, maps etc in each city or w/e but it's not enough to really build off of without other supporting details readable at any time.

another less important thing would be a new type of weapon drop. these drops would only drop from specific vet bosses in their specific areas.
    an example i thought of would be if you defeated a dread level thunder banser in West aelio you could get a weapon i would call the lightning claw. this would be a katana weapon with potential that adds a large amount additional lightning damage atop its base damage but only for a certain attack. these kinds of weapons would look really cool and be kind of a standalone that maybe you wont be able to make in multiweapons but wont be held back by that due to their power
    We already have that and it's called Relic hunting which will no doubt be added to Aelio bosses when it's hard mode releases soon. Unique boss like weapons that Sega used to do a lot back in the day (PSO/PSU) seem like they want to branch away from that to a point. It's significantly easier and less work for them to release weapons as a series versus like a unique weapon for each class that each have different Pots, animations etc. I know what I said was counter productive for Relics but it's likely they'll add older weapons tied to current and new bosses for unique drops. I would love to have my Banther Twin Daggers back in the form of the Thunder Banther skin but Sega doesn't seem to care about that right now.

also making sg scratches available to trade would be nice because i think some of the items from before january would have some value eventually
    Absolutely not lol and just because the last SG items are gone now with Retems SG scratch doesn't mean it won't show up in a revival collage in the future. Sega always brings these things back and they can easily do something like a Aelio/Retem combo revive when the next 2 regions become available.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Well they even couldn't make any destructible environment: it's really annoying when your hit falls because of a tiny bush or cactus on its way. And there are flaws in a quality of premium content which I'll plan to add in my next fashion post when get enough of screenshots made. I'm not speaking about various bugs and glitches like sudden disappearance of Break phase in UQ boss fight I experienced recently. And you speak about creating content here ..

One of the big differences between PSO2 Classic and NGS is the story content. You can love or hate the story of PSO2 Classic, but at least there was plenty of it. In contrast, the story of NGS is very shallow.

It's annoying that a lot of locations in NGS look like they could be saturated with lore, but the game tells us almost nothing about them. And there are a lot of questions about the story (What happened to the Oracle fleet? What are the Dolls supposed to be exactly? etc.) that I feel Sega is never going to bother to answer.

To be clear, I agree that fleshing out the NGS story is not enough to fix the game, but it would help.
    Last edited by Loveless62; Feb 7, 2022 at 02:48 AM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    well its canon that after the Darkers got extinct, Oracle fleet got disbanded and i theorize Arkz could be living their age of strife ,and the DOLLS and Alters i also mention they are weapons created by an antiphoton alliance

i leave the exact moment i mention those theories , dont forget to active subtitles

DOLLS and alters theory https://youtu.be/_UFtkP46oNQ?t=546
    Arkz age of strife https://youtu.be/j4I5vZbM-08?t=800

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    well its canon that after the Darkers got extinct, Oracle fleet got disbanded and i theorize Arkz could be living their age of strife ,and the DOLLS and Alters i also mention they are weapons created by an antiphoton alliance

i leave the exact moment i mention those theories , dont forget to active subtitles

DOLLS and alters theory https://youtu.be/_UFtkP46oNQ?t=546
    Arkz age of strife https://youtu.be/j4I5vZbM-08?t=800
    You have some interesting ideas, but I suspect that Sega has thought about the NGS lore less than you have.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

I have a fun idea, how about we pick a random Japanese holiday, and turn off all Emergency Quests during that day?

Players will never know what hit em!
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

grind 1250 photon scale, I'm sure it's fun if they only spawn 5pcs daily and locked behind time gating EQ. even if you substitute it with ability unlocker you'd still need 600 pcs of it.

t. HMZK
    Is coffee good for you?

had an idea for a special jet boots weapon
    metal claws
    could drop from any boss with claws i guess
    the weapons power is that it boosts critical chance by a ton