Default NGS Dark Falz impressions

They did an absolute good job on this fight. The call back to PSO Ep1 Dark Falz soul capture, the PSU Dulk Fakis upside down attacks, Elders hands and Persona attacks all mixed for this 3 phase fight. This was honestly a helluva good opening for a Dark Falz fight man. I really hope they keep this level of quality and fun up.

8/10
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    They did an absolute good job on this fight. The call back to PSO Ep1 Dark Falz soul capture, the PSU Dulk Fakis upside down attacks, Elders hands and Persona attacks all mixed for this 3 phase fight. This was honestly a helluva good opening for a Dark Falz fight man. I really hope they keep this level of quality and fun up.

8/10
    I agree, the fight feels like falz, but not fully. I mean, the first half of the song has the PSO vibes and all BUT does not achive the same feel as all the fights you mentioned (at least for me).

So far, this is the first real boss of the game in my opinion, and they did a good job, but they can do even better.

Very good for me too.

It's what I expect from a boss and I would have liked them all to be in the same style (like as PSO2 classic) rather than typing sponges with a reskin without interest.

Some attacks are easy to dodge (by putting yourself on the side or jumping up) but even when playing a ranged class, it's not always easy to dodge.
    It's the first time since the very beginning of the game that I see several people dying. (after gigantix)

I'm just disappointed by the music, it's not "bad" but not epic either, for a boss like Dark Falz...
    the one of the second phase is worse for me.

I am also disappointed that there was not "The Whole New World" at the end

There is also the return of the victory poses.

I've been jokingly calling this thing Fuwan Vera with my friends since the game launched, and I will not stop.

I enjoyed the fight overall, though I feel like it has some small design problems that might become really annoying in the long run, like the camera being kinda mean to melee classes. I'm fully expecting another phase, or for the last phase to be more intense in the next level of the UQ though.

I actually liked the music. The lyrics for the victory lap are kinda cheesy, but I felt like it captured the vibe pretty well.

In terms of visual spectacle, I really like the part when the barrier gets destroyed and you can see Aeleo. I was expecting the boss fight to take place on the big sky tower, but I'm glad (?) to see they're STILL not addressing that. Is there at least some random npc that mentions it? It feels so weird that no one talked about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I was expecting the boss fight to take place on the big sky tower, but I'm glad (?) to see they're STILL not addressing that. Is there at least some random npc that mentions it? It feels so weird that no one talked about it at all.
    I've yet to see anyone mention any NPC's bring up the floating tower so I think it's still under mystery. whats sad is a lot of world building is basically hidden under datamining too. also I assume by now people know what the 4 regions initials when put together are too lol
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    I've yet to see anyone mention any NPC's bring up the floating tower so I think it's still under mystery. whats sad is a lot of world building is basically hidden under datamining too. also I assume by now people know what the 4 regions initials when put together are too lol
    I barely pay attention to any data-mining stuff unless it shows up on Reddit, but considering the first two I can assume the last two lol.

The thing that gets me about the tower is how prominent it is for something no one mentions. Especially since they bring up the fact that no one knows who built the trainia.
    Like, I get not addressing every single weird structure or phenomenon, but the tower is visible from pretty much everywhere, so it feels weird not having a character at least mention that no one knows what it is.

I'm really glad with how the fight was teased. Initially thinking it was just going to be 2 phases since that's been a staple for awhile in the series. Was really shocked when the HP bar was empty and wasn't dying, thought it was going to do a real desperation attack before the fight was over. It was weird seeing the HP bar refill and definitely caught me off guard.

I really enjoy how compared to other bosses it doesn't have too many sit down periods where it gets hit, usually those are combined with an attack now in mostly all instances; instead of it being an attack followed by it's sit down period where it takes 5 to 10 seconds to retract itself. Also noticed a lot of it's attacks end up combo'ing into each other, mainly the opening of the arms into the closing laser swipe and it's ground AoE attack with the safe spots into fist slams onto the safe spots.

If this is going to be the quality of every raid boss, I'm optimistic with how fun each raid boss will be. I'm hoping rank 2 of Dark Falz will add a few extra things to the fight to make it even more challenging. Overall really enjoy the EQ and I'm glad others enjoy it as well.