During the item-duping days of PSO Ep. 1&2's official servers, free rare handouts made even ultra-uncommon equipment become a frequent sight on even the newest of players, including the extremely powerful Tsumikiri J-Sword.

Yet despite seeing it on so many players, I never did learn what "Tsumikiri" actually meant!

So recently, I utilized Google Translate to attempt finding out.

When I simply copy&pasted "tsumikiri" into the box,
the result was :stacking" for me. Which certainly doesn't seem like it is what the name would mean or imply.

However, due to enjoying the anime/manga Rurouni Kenshin from back in those very same years.... I did know that "hitokiri" means "man-slayer".
With "hito" indicating a person, and "kiri" indicating fatally cutting them down.

So, based on that I could assume "kiri" means "slayer", "cutter", "slasher", or even just "killer".

From there, by inputing only the other half of the sword's name "tsumi":
the result was "sin". And the second synonym, was "crime".

So I'm simply sharing the idea that if the localization team at Sega Of America had fully translated "Tsumikiri J-Sword" into the English language...

...the sword's name might have been "Sin Slayer".

Or "Crime Cutter".

Or "Criminal Killer".

*ahem*

Which all seem to fit with this item's "divine implement" status as being above the other Four Swords wielded by the NPC character Zoke.

And the "Sin Slayer" name in particular, also meshes nicely with other uber-rares like "Heaven's Punisher".
As both have a type of "almighty smiting" special attack.

Just thought this might be an interesting tidbit of trivia,
which hopefully wasn't already well-known to others.