Threaded View

Default [ART] Xe-Vekh Xo-Qooj the Photon Lifeform

Okay, so these images are a mixture of "original art" and "fan art", since the primary character-concept started before any Phantasy Star influence, but I decided to do these drawings as a complement to the other thread I made about "imaginining a 2D Online&Offline Co-Op Turn-based JRPG sequel to PSIV".

First:

https://imgur.com/YUTsDZJ

This is Xe-Vekh Xo-Qooj in the "Completely Pure" mode.

As a "Constellation Creature", this energy-body entity is entirely composed of living-stars.

With zero physical hindrances or obscurations, Xe-Vekh can freely engage in "Star-Heart Soul-Sex", with an unlimited amount of participants. This technique unites & vibrates the luminous nucleus within any entity.

Not only does this transcend any normal physical pleasure, but the infinitely intimate communion has the power to benevolize & metamorphosize even the most nefarious and catalyze a paradigm shift of both heart & mind.

Second:

https://imgur.com/ONOoPOL

This is Xe-Vekh Xo-Qooj as a "Skyly-Rati Ryukrucian".

As a guardian-spirit from Rykros who embarked outward into space after the defeat of Profound Darkness, this particular version of Xe-Vekh is the only true piece of "fan art".

As mentioned up at the top of this post, the idea to draw this came in the conceptualizing of that imaginary 2D C-Op RPG thread.

Essentially, this picture serves two purposes: It demonstrates what a Ryukrucian character might look like in a theoretical Phantasy Star gane that offered more alien species to play as.

And it more specifically exhibits what my own primary-character would look like in such a setting, if given perfect freedom within the Character Creator.

From there, I would just point out that the main inspirations for this Ryukrucian design are the Skyly Rati which once accompanied me in PSO, as well as certain abstract characters like Sa-Lews & De-Vars from Phantasy Star IV, who were not merely corporeal.

On that wavelength, it should be noted that Xe-Vekh's "star-heart" is still exposed in this mode, even though the energy-entity has assumed a more "solid" form to fit in with the Phantasy Star universe.

Third:

https://imgur.com/WWqKYOY

This is the primary "insectoid" mode of Xe-Vekh Xo-Qooj.

Conceived in the late 1990s, this character began as part of a series of drawings that focused on my very own hive of imaginary insectoids.

Back then, Xe-Vekh was known as Xirak.

Xirak's first picture was still influenced by stuff, but it was an honest attempt at originality.

So my fondness for bugs & dinosaurs provided the main drive, but subtle aspects from the art-design of the game Body Harvest, in addition to certain influences from both the newly-released PokeMon series & the veteran Godzilla films were also present.

Even this modern version still depicts traces of influence. For example, when gazing at this particular picture, I note a contour similarity between Xe-Vekh's silhouette and the overall shape of Sestren's Spirit in Panzer Dragoon Orta.

So whether it is playing with Mother Nature's designs, or unconscious inspiration from past experiences of enjoyment, there seems to be no escape from influences.

Thus, I opt to acknowledge and appreciate the beauty which left such an impression on me.

((( For example:
    Looking back at the other pictures again, I also now see that "Photon Lifeform" mode has commonalities with Vectorman in terms of floating orbs for a body.

"Skyly-Rati Ryukrucian" mode starts to remind me of Magnamon from Digimon, with a faint hint of The Arbiter from Halo 2. Both due to the choice to mix the "earthen elemental" aspects of the Rykros Guardians with the sleek & angular style of the futuristic Mag, which results in an armour-appearance that evokes those other characters.

And the "insectoid" mode has a trace of Wizeman from NiGHTS into Dreams, in the manner that both have hands (+ head, in Xe-Vekh's case) which float separately from their main bodies

All unintentional. Yet: it's all there. Visible to be perceived by anyone with similar familiarities as me. )))

In any case, this is especially the character I would have liked to recreate in a game like PSO, but obviously there were no choices that resulted in anything similar-looking.

Which meant that all I could do was explain my humanoid character as a reincarnation or emanation, or even a psychic disguise projected upon other player's minds.

The real Xirak / Xe-Vekh would have been too "overpowered" for the Phantasy Star setting anyway, which means it's probably for the best.
    ((( Because Xe-Vekh has the invincible strategy of striking like lightning to deliver a single sting of "wisdom venom" that triggers instant enlightenment in any opponent.Which obviously quashes & quells all conflicts! )))

Fourth:

https://imgur.com/KFRbAP3

These symbols include the "Mark Of Xirak", as well as Xe-Vekh Xo-Qooj as a "Glyphic Lifeform".

As a symbol, the "Mark Of Xe-Vekh" is quite representative of the character's basic "letter X" and "letter K" design elements.

(I'm also noticing some little resemblances with the "Brand Of Sacrifice" from the manga BERSERK, which ironically enough was recommended to me by my online-comrade 'Fate from PSO Ep.1&2 !)

But in my most experimental period of drawings, the concept of "living letters" and "organic glyphs" was conceived during cognitive-copulation with the muses of the mind.

That resulted in such imagery as the one seen on the far-right, where it not only displays another symbol, but actually shows the character Xe-Vekh AS a word that can crawl / fly right off the page!

Fifth:

https://imgur.com/hhrG1XQ

Last-but-not-least, we arrive at Xe-Vekh engaged in "Heart-Cup Cascades & Infinite-Fountains" mode.

You see: while "star-heart soul-sex" does reach through the physical level of incarnated entities, there is still the problem of embodied-beings needing nourishment for their material vessels.

So, as a fictional solution to the "predator VS prey" food-chain which causes so much suffering, Xe-Vekh devised this technique to dispense sustenance in overflowing geysers holy water.

Acting as a perfect panacea ambrosia, Xe-Vekh transubstantiates "metta loving-kindness" directly into an all-encompassing blessing that spills from one being to the next without any drop ever going to waste, since when a singular being's "heart-cup" fills up, the sacred liquid simply spills forth into the heart-cups of other entities all around, no matter which physical/mental/spiritual realm they reside within.

Hence, "world-hunger" is solved on the omniversal level !

Hopefully sharing these very-personal visuals provides some optical enjoyment for whomever is reading this!

^_^

And as a final thought: Probably the only thing I wish about sharing these drawings would have been if the people who played PSO Ep.1&2 with me could have seen them.

Alas!
    Last edited by feather-flower; Apr 20, 2022 at 03:04 PM.
    "For the benefit of everyone/everywhere/everywhen, may these ripples
    catalyze only cascades of goodness, with zero badness resultant.
    Spoken truly and sincerely."