Default [ART] re-designing Dezolians

So, in the Phantasy Star quadrilogy, Planet Dezo's primary indigenous inhabitants were a straight-forward species of "green people" in terms of appearances.

The more unique trait of these aliens was their religious fire-worship, which certainly made sense given the frozen world they resided upon.

However, that ultra-cold climate is symmetrically contrasted by Planet Mota's hot-desert environs.

And in comparison to the visually-interesting design of the native Motavians, whose red bug-eyes, blue fur, & yellow bird-beaks exude much more aesthetic appeal than the somewhat generic "green humanoid alien" design of the official Dezolians.

This prompted my imagination to come up with an "ecologically adapted" version of the Dezolians that intrisically conveyed their fire-affinity.

Thus:

https://imgur.com/00iBCGw

The Dezolian fondness for fire brought certain imagery to mind.

Japanese-style spirit-flames, as seen hovering over this re-design's menorah-like wood antlers.

Wood antlers, which themselves are inspired by traditional Oriental Dragons.
    (Shenron from Dragon Ball Z was my main reference, though.)

Dragons, which have numerous varieties in the Phantasy Star series, caused the unique wings of Nano Dragons from PSO to assume a body-wrapping source of protection from the icy atmosphere.

Not to mention utilizing one's tail as a scarf.
    (A similar idea can be found on Greninja whose tongue hangs out & wraps around that Pokemon's neck alike a ninja-scarf.)

Ultimately, all these characteristics overtly suggest a species who has evolved natural defenses to the cold.

https://imgur.com/2DDXHSg

After succeeding in satisfying my personal peeve with the official Dezolian design,
    the cognitive copulation with the Muses-of-the-Mind continued!

This brainstorming-lovemaking resulted in a "Missing Link" species that actually bridges the Motavian evolution from a "Rag Rappy" ancestor, into the appearance of characters seen in Phantasy Star Iv.

As is probably pretty-obvious: the main fusion of anatomical features was between Gryz and an Al Rappy.

Birds and Reptiles from Earth are distantly related, so this visual speculation about Motavian evolution gives another parallel-yet-symmetric aspect between the indigenous Algolians whose diverging appearances are only due to the polar-opposite environmental variables of their respective home-planets orbiting the same central star at differing ranges of closeness & farness.

Maybe this idea seems silly, but again, it's just for fun.

https://imgur.com/R44YLjB

Lastly, we arrive at a "Palmanian Musk-Cat".

Not much deviation from most Musk Cat depictions.

Some influence from the Eevee evolutionary line might be present, but this idea was basically just a regular type of Musk-Cat that could have been native to Planet Palma.

That's really it, as far as things to say about these re-designs.

Hope you all get some enjoyment from them!

^_^
    Last edited by feather-flower; Apr 20, 2022 at 03:15 PM.
    "For the benefit of everyone/everywhere/everywhen, may these ripples
    catalyze only cascades of goodness, with zero badness resultant.
    Spoken truly and sincerely."

Discovered that image-attachments cannot be seen when logged-out, so I decided to make an IMGUR account to provide alternative links for people who aren't logged-into PSO-world.

Editing my other [ART] post, too.

Alrighty! Thanks to Ryna, I was able to use the [img] tag on "direct links" to these pictures,
    so now they appear as intended, whether logged-in or not!

So for anyone without an account, give props to Ryna for making this last edit possible!

Again:Modifying my other [art] post, too. Before adding a new post of gift art~