Post Navinator - In Memoriam

Much to my chagrin, Navinator - a long-time PSOW member - passed away earlier this year after a battle with cancer.

For remembrance's sake, here's a handful of pictures they have drawn for me throughout the years, in no particular order - all of which involve PSO characters, or derivatives thereof.

"Sword logic? That's cute."

Much to my chagrin, Navinator - a long-time PSOW member - passed away earlier this year after a battle with cancer.
    May they be at peace after suffering through such an ordeal.

And thank you for sharing the news with the site. I'm sure there are others who might appreciate knowing.

(Whatever it's worth for someone like me to say such things, having had no direct contact.)

For remembrance's sake, here's a handful of pictures they have drawn for me throughout the years, in no particular order - all of which involve PSO characters, or derivatives thereof.
    This is a very nice form of tribute.

A testament to artistic talent.

Of all these illustrations, I'm personally fond of the third-from-last & second-from-last pictures.

Pardon the likely misspelling, but I assume those particular drawings are of your character "Zinasckst"?
    "For the benefit of everyone/everywhere/everywhen, may these ripples
    catalyze only cascades of goodness, with zero badness resultant.
    Spoken truly and sincerely."

All right, here we go. In memory of one of PSO-World's most iconic fan artists, here's what I got from her.

Meira portrait

Meira (oekaki)

Crankshaft portrait

The Recollection of Crankshaft (cover image)

Crankshaft (oekaki)

VanGarrett portrait

The Recollection of VanGarrett (cover image)

The Recollection of Paladin (cover image)

Dragoon and the Slime

Zinkin portrait

Allanque portrait

Ceres portrait

Kataclyn portrait

Tacitura portrait

Ms Weilder portrait

Si'ev (this was actually one of her characters, but I used him in The Recollection Saga, so this picture ended up in my collection)

It's been a long, long time since I talked to Navi. A lot of these works were commissions, and every one of them was worth every penny. Navi was a key facet in PSO-World's salad days, and I'll just continue to miss her from here on out. Rest in Peace, Navi. You made our lives better.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I had known Navi for many years, even had phone conversations with her. Many games of pso were had. But unfortunately the ill side effect of misunderstandings and unspoken words led us to grow apart. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine I would hear of her passing this way. And the guilt of letting such trivial things get in the way well now be my cross to bear. When I come to grips with this, I will find her other art she had done. She had a knack for water coloring as well. We humans are so fragile.

I knew her for a long time, and she was an inspiration to my own adventures in drawing and painting. As our interests changed and time has past we went our own directions.

It's... such a shame to hear it reached this result. Rest in peace.

This news came as shock for me. I have known Navi through her artwork from this forum. Played with her online mostly Ep1/2 & PSU. Good times!
    RIP Navi, the pencilator!
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Bumping this thread back up to the top, out of respect for the perished.

And to make this otherwise-useless post of mine a smidge more meaningful,
    here's a link to Navi's/Navinator's/Navci's gallery on the main PSOW site:

https://www.pso-world.com/gallery/sh...cat=500&page=3

From which, a particularly pleasant picture (of Elenor surrounded by adoring Mags) stood out amongst Navi's preserved portfolio:

That's just one highlight. Her whole gallery is worth checking out.
    Whether in reminiscence by her friends, or by newer members discovering Navi's art for the first time.
    "For the benefit of everyone/everywhere/everywhen, may these ripples
    catalyze only cascades of goodness, with zero badness resultant.
    Spoken truly and sincerely."