Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Arcane you don't realize how misguided you are thinking towards console gamers as a whole, and also ignorant to assume I'm a Sony fan, when like you I choose the platform that is convenient and best one for me (Sony consoles happen to be preferred because Nintendo keeps failing at providing hardware, 3rd party support, controls and online quality that its competitors do better, and ports on nintendo platforms are always a downgrade compared to other consoles, nintendo misses out on so many games that require better online and hardware. While Xbox misses out on most eastern games and their populations that prefer things that aren't western games are in the minority, so Sony is really the only platform brand that is the most well rounded in the industry since PS1. ) Unlike you, I don't look at things as just black and white. Unlike you, I understand the pros and cons of PC to the level that PC is not worth the trouble and expenses, and PC gaming has always been more hurdles, troubleshooting and trouble than its worth, otherwise there would be few console gamers and more PC gamers. and PC industry is not as good as it once was when it had physical releases. meanwhile at least consoles still get physical editions for various games, whiel PC is almost entirely digital only. as a whole, console gaming is more advantageous while PC market is corrupted and funneled through things like Steam, costing so many jobs that used to manufacture, distribute and sell physical editions of PC games. Also piracy on PC is still insane. which is why things like DRM/denuvo happened. PC communities are filled with so much parasites and cheapskates and play the victim, while bashing games handed out for free with microtransactions to help profit instead of loss money and get nothing in return.

Also you really underestimate the security difference between console and PC. It's like you are not aware of the countless cheaters and hackers on PC gaming, to the extent even companies like Blizzard been on record in articles of the various cases of cheaters found on PC, and hundreds of thousands of cheaters been banned from PC games compared to console games (just compare Overwatch cheater numbers on the PC side). Generally console gamers really are only at risk with their account is if they use a PC to access an account. I had friend who had their FFXI account and they played on PC and access their account through PC, meanwhile my PS2 friends never had hacks or stolen account issues playing console version of games. it can happen, but its unlikely compared to the amount of PC cases, which is why many times when company site pages talk about PC versions of games, they have guides to prevent account theft and things that commonly happen on the PC side of things. As long as console gamers just use their console to access their game and log in, they are more secure than using a PC, even with security software.

I was mistaken about which version came first on PC vs PS4, but having played PSO Japanese version for a while until I had enough of the language barrier, I found PSO2 is very well optimized on PS4, it has to be considering how long PSO2 been successful, supported and Sega's #1 online game. can't expect flawless online but its definitely next to flawless compared to games like Onigiri and even the choppy Black Desert (though Black Desert requires better hardware than ps4 to run optimally, so its really no one's fault. regardless of performance, Black Desert actually still has a dedicated playerbase on PS4 despite the lower framerate and buy to play model)

So where were we? Oh yes, basically every post you 'contribute' to this topic, you and that other guy are just raining on the parade.

"oh, people that really wanted to play PSO2 should of gotten a PC/Xbox to play it, otherwise they are not a true fan".

well guess what, most people are not going to buy another platform for one game. and it's not like we PSO DC and PSU veterans been sitting on our hands, over the years we been playing numerous games. its great PSO2 english is happening on PS4, and I would not really call it a wait since there wasnt expectations Sega would do the right thing, but ever since Microsoft chipped in to make Xbox port and localization happen, that did increase the chances of PSO2 localization happening on PS4 on time for its 10th anniversary year. So I would say it is great timing cause I experienced and learned great things from other games along the way, so now that I completed a backlog of games, can focus on PSO2 with a fresh community. There are games that took much longer to get ports and localizations. and they still feel like new to newcomers and those that only tasted a bit of it.

"PSO2 is bad and will only hold interest for a few days"

I see that in certain communities, but the reality is some PSO2 veterans are just so jaded, bitter and become toxic to really see the positives. they dont realize how cancerous their negative comments and pessimistic views are of the 'current stage of the game'.

Also you are making a mistake like other games communities been doing like "if I discourage people from supporting and playing this game, that would hurt the game's reception and therefore convince Sega to do better and right the wrongs." That mentality only leads to ruin and destruction of a brand.
    PSO2 NGS doing very well on PS4 english would be better than it flopping. a failed product benefits no one. Look at how complaints towards H1Z1 divided Daybreak to the point of making changes and that upset everyone else that felt the game was fine, and so the game dropped in popularity and usage despite being the game that put battle royale on the mainstream map. the very negative and whiny side of the community ruined it for everyone else.

your solution is destructive and your attitude is what even an anti-fan would do. there's already haters of anything asian developed that want games like these to flop, and you are indirectly supporting that destructive movement.

you think you are not ignorant, but it really sounds like you still don't understand how SEGA works. SEGA has always been stubborn and prefers to do things their own way, sink or swim. notice they still don't get Sonic games right and don't understand how to please everyone without upsetting anyone. It's fortunate that PSO2 actually turned out much better than PSU and much more advanced with things that would make classic PSO proud. it has its faults, but it seems like you have trouble finding enjoyment in anything and only focus on the bad.

It makes one wonder why you would even participate in a PSO2/NGS topic in the first place cause clearly it is not as good or designed as you expect them to be. so basically its really not for you.

TL/DR: its you guys that came here with such hostility, elitism and pushing negative viewpoints, you haters could just as well be mistaken for anti-fans that pretend to be PSO series fans. its bad enough old school PSO purists think anything that isn't classic PSO is bad. The lack of appreciation for PSO2 is clear among you.
    Last edited by Saner; Jul 28, 2022 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post

PSO2 is easy to pick up and play, it has its complexities, but PSO2 doubles as a social space. See how Xenoverse 2 is still highly populated despite being a small and very basic version of what the PSO series pioneered on console. PSO2 is in a position this summer to become mainstream on english PS4.

Like Fortnite battle royale, it does not require PS Plus to play, which means literally every PS4 player can access it and play it! no strings attached.

it has almost a decade worth of content, so people won't run out of new things to do
    It doesn't change what PSO2 has become. It simply gives it another opportunity to be revealed to PS4 users that haven't already tried it.

Social spaces: NGS took that out. No alliance hall, no rooms. That was my favorite aspect of premium. Stupid decision if you ask me.

PSO2 has always been free though.

Decade worth of content: This is true. Yet that's for PSO2 base, which is put in the background. NGS has barely any content but it will get some on August 3, which I will actually try out. However, this was the same thing with PSO2's launch, yet they are starting over.

TL/DR: its you guys that came here with such hostility, elitism and pushing negative viewpoints, you haters could just as well be mistaken for anti-fans that pretend to be PSO series fans. its bad enough old school PSO purists think anything that isn't classic PSO is bad. The lack of appreciation for PSO2 is clear among you.
    I agree with Arcane. I think you are putting too much blind faith into this, however I also think it's wrong of you to call anyone who has a lack of enthusiasm as a hater. I think, you are being illogical about this. The main point is the lack of content is a legitimate concern. However, I am glad you are optimistic and look forward to it. Heck if you wanted to play Base PSO2 I would be down to play with, since I usually just an excuse to play PSO2 base nowadays. I accomplished most of what I wanted to do, and I feel a lack of motivation, and I feel it is due to NGS and people moving on to it and leaving base behind. I *love* base pso2. I did not want NGS. I also think it's important to realize that like Arcane said, people have had 10 years at least to be able to consolidate their thoughts, while newer players had a few years. I do agree that, anyone saying 'haha yea it won't get any players' probably shouldn't waste their energy and let people enjoy it for what it is in the moment. Legitimate criticism is not hating. I think what is important is a balance. I also think it's important to consider that, Sega released Global a year before NGS, which newer players won't realize, is actually *harmful* to them. They will have much less time to enjoy PSO2, to be forced into NGS, which no one asked for. (1 year compared to 10 years) Remember, global was supposed to come out 2013. You can't really blame people for being skeptical or even jaded towards Sega for delaying a launch of a game for 7-8 years. However I do believe there is nothing one can do but let the newer players enjoy themselves while they can on such limited time, but educate them on the history. There shouldn't be any animosity between newer players and older players, Sega has created this divide. It just exists. No one is evil here, we are not to blame, Sega is.
    Last edited by Ranmaru; Jul 29, 2022 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    I agree with Arcane. I think you are putting too much blind faith into this, however I also think it's wrong of you to call anyone who has a lack of enthusiasm as a hater. I think, you are being illogical about this. The main point is the lack of content is a legitimate concern. However, I am glad you are optimistic and look forward to it. Heck if you wanted to play Base PSO2 I would be down to play with, since I usually just an excuse to play PSO2 base nowadays. I accomplished most of what I wanted to do, and I feel a lack of motivation, and I feel it is due to NGS and people moving on to it and leaving base behind. I *love* base pso2. I did not want NGS. I also think it's important to realize that like Arcane said, people have had 10 years at least to be able to consolidate their thoughts, while newer players had a few years. I do agree that, anyone saying 'haha yea it won't get any players' probably shouldn't waste their energy and let people enjoy it for what it is in the moment. Legitimate criticism is not hating. I think what is important is a balance. I also think it's important to consider that, Sega released Global a year before NGS, which newer players won't realize, is actually *harmful* to them. They will have much less time to enjoy PSO2, to be forced into NGS, which no one asked for. (1 year compared to 10 years) Remember, global was supposed to come out 2013. You can't really blame people for being skeptical or even jaded towards Sega for delaying a launch of a game for 7-8 years. However I do believe there is nothing one can do but let the newer players enjoy themselves while they can on such limited time, but educate them on the history. There shouldn't be any animosity between newer players and older players, Sega has created this divide. It just exists. No one is evil here, we are not to blame, Sega is.
    the thing is, what is trash to someone can be treasure to someone else. those veterans have their opinions but they can't speak on everyone that played it as long or longer and like it more than they do. no company has ever made a flawless videogame, nor flawless ORPG/mmorpg for that matter. critics and ingrates can split hairs and nitpick all they want, but others can enjoy the soup without being "educated of the history" because like those two have showed as example here, their viewpoints are largely negative and bitter.

its kind alike asking a scrooge for advice what they think about a game they no longer care for.

keeping it straightforward, PSO2 and NGS are both coming to PS4 english. whichever players start with first, they can create character in either one and focus on either PSO2 and/or NGS, right? PS4 english regions will rejuvenant player numbers, so that means more PSO2 players for you too. even though Sega is updating NGS and its the successor of PSO2, not everyone has to play it, but in any case, I seen livestreams and channels of people celebrating the 10th anniversary together, its not a tidal wave of players together, but it's not a wonder twins sized party either.

all in all, the PS4 english debut will speak for itself. instead of veterans trying to think for others or try to set an attitude and goggles to look through, let the newcomers evaluate PSO2 and NGS themselves and decide their own viewpoint on things, they would get more enjoyment out of it than listening to people point out all its 'flaws" and whatever's missing.

and wouldnt call the trip from PSO2 to NGS being forced. moving to NGS would be a natural step after completing whatever people can on PSO2, cause NGS has its own new areas, content and qualities that some may like. and they can have character(s) still in PSO2, so there is really no restriction of access between the two games. so instead of bickering what this or this lacks, people can just stick with whichever they like more. but I would say its a waste to play PSO2 but not explore NGS.

also you can say no one is evil here, but veterans can still cause harm in the process of trying to 'inform' people of what they think is 'wrong' with the games (also calling people that want PSO2/NGS but don't buy Xbox/PC "lazy", is rude. we've actually saved hundreds of dollars being patient). blaming Sega isn't changing anything. instead of downplaying the good things and only focusing on the bad, veterans should take care to not rain on the parade cause their bitterness only poisons the atmosphere and whether intentional or not, they risk causing some newcomers to dislike the games without even giving them a chance with a fresh slate of impressions not influenced by other views.

so really, PSO2 and NGS can't afford internal fighting among communities. they are what they are, so people either make use of their good aspects, or go play something else. this upcoming debut of PS4 english localization is for those that are positive about PSO2 and NGS, not those that think they aren't good enough and try to discourage people. And Sega is being super generous offering these games free up front. companies like Blizzard and Square Enix would charge subscription fees (which despite WoW and FFXIV being successful, even many veterans are fed up with paying fees on top of the buy to play expansions and microtransactions, and would rather have a F2P with microtransactions. plus the WoW/FFXIV formula really can't substitute the PSO series formula which is much more inviting and entertaining. so that is some of the reasons why veterans and newcomers will move to games like PSO2/NGS than the biggest mmorpgs out there. )

so its a great priviledge getting them on PS4 in english. PSO2 and NGS are sure to earn more dedicated fans and crossplay will optimize the populations.

the thing is, what is trash to someone can be treasure to someone else. those veterans have their opinions but they can't speak on everyone that played it as long or longer and like it more than they do. no company has ever made a flawless videogame, nor flawless ORPG/mmorpg for that matter. critics and ingrates can split hairs and nitpick all they want, but others can enjoy the soup without being "educated of the history" because like those two have showed as example here, their viewpoints are largely negative and bitter.

its kind alike asking a scrooge for advice what they think about a game they no longer care for.

keeping it straightforward, PSO2 and NGS are both coming to PS4 english. whichever players start with first, they can create character in either one and focus on either PSO2 and/or NGS, right? PS4 english regions will rejuvenant player numbers, so that means more PSO2 players for you too. even though Sega is updating NGS and its the successor of PSO2, not everyone has to play it, but in any case, I seen livestreams and channels of people celebrating the 10th anniversary together, its not a tidal wave of players together, but it's not a wonder twins sized party either.

all in all, the PS4 english debut will speak for itself. instead of veterans trying to think for others or try to set an attitude and goggles to look through, let the newcomers evaluate PSO2 and NGS themselves and decide their own viewpoint on things, they would get more enjoyment out of it than listening to people point out all its 'flaws" and whatever's missing.

and wouldnt call the trip from PSO2 to NGS being forced. moving to NGS would be a natural step after completing whatever people can on PSO2, cause NGS has its own new areas, content and qualities that some may like. and they can have character(s) still in PSO2, so there is really no restriction of access between the two games. so instead of bickering what this or this lacks, people can just stick with whichever they like more. but I would say its a waste to play PSO2 but not explore NGS.

also you can say no one is evil here, but veterans can still cause harm in the process of trying to 'inform' people of what they think is 'wrong' with the games (also calling people that want PSO2/NGS but don't buy Xbox/PC "lazy", is rude. we've actually saved hundreds of dollars being patient). blaming Sega isn't changing anything. instead of downplaying the good things and only focusing on the bad, veterans should take care to not rain on the parade cause their bitterness only poisons the atmosphere and whether intentional or not, they risk causing some newcomers to dislike the games without even giving them a chance with a fresh slate of impressions not influenced by other views.

so really, PSO2 and NGS can't afford internal fighting among communities. they are what they are, so people either make use of their good aspects, or go play something else. this upcoming debut of PS4 english localization is for those that are positive about PSO2 and NGS, not those that think they aren't good enough and try to discourage people. And Sega is being super generous offering these games free up front. companies like Blizzard and Square Enix would charge subscription fees (which despite WoW and FFXIV being successful, even many veterans are fed up with paying fees on top of the buy to play expansions and microtransactions, and would rather have a F2P with microtransactions. plus the WoW/FFXIV formula really can't substitute the PSO series formula which is much more inviting and entertaining. so that is some of the reasons why veterans and newcomers will move to games like PSO2/NGS than the biggest mmorpgs out there. )

so its a great priviledge getting them on PS4 in english. PSO2 and NGS are sure to earn more dedicated fans and crossplay will optimize the populations.
    NGS will be what new players will play first as they will be forced to play through the NGS tutorial before playing PSO2 base. Then, they'll have the opportunity to play PSO2 base, which will then require the base PSO2 tutorial.

Moving to NGS from PSO2 Base was natural for the JP PSO2 community because they had the time, but PSO2 global had to rush. Myself, I was content with the rush, however many new players were overwhelmed with the rush and I could understand their frustration in spite of my own selfishness. This is always the point where I will give props to Microsoft for taking the initiative to spark Global, because I don't think Sega JP would have. I do agree, that any PSO2 player should give NGS a try, as the game play is fun, and much more accessible in terms of augmenting gear.

I agree that being patient and saving money is smart. I wouldn't say buying an Xbox for PSO2 would be required, my buddy and I made that risk simply because we could and we were hyped for a game we have been waiting for since 2013. We were aware how late this was, yet still took the opportunity because why waste it, we have been waiting for it. I think having a balance is important actually, because we want to prop up the positives, but let the company know the negatives so those can be improved upon. At the moment, the only *negative* I see is lack of content which, isn't a major deterrent. However, I agree with letting people enjoy the game at their own pace, and they will learn themselves that things are slow. What will most likely happen is they will be patient and wait for new content, like myself and my buddy have been doing. We intend to play on August 3rd and give it a try again since the cap is at level 60 now.

I agree that we shouldn't fight internally. I think it's important we understand each other, and help each other if possible. However, I'm not entirely on the same page of considering Sega as generous here. There are many games with the F2P model, and it's always clear to consumers that it's done because there is more opportunities to make more money in that manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    NGS will be what new players will play first as they will be forced to play through the NGS tutorial before playing PSO2 base. Then, they'll have the opportunity to play PSO2 base, which will then require the base PSO2 tutorial.
    thanks I read about that. well its just a matter of switching to PSO2 after running through NGS tutorial. I'll let PSN friends be aware of that so they jump to PSO2 asap.
    Moving to NGS from PSO2 Base was natural for the JP PSO2 community because they had the time, but PSO2 global had to rush. Myself, I was content with the rush, however many new players were overwhelmed with the rush and I could understand their frustration in spite of my own selfishness. This is always the point where I will give props to Microsoft for taking the initiative to spark Global, because I don't think Sega JP would have. I do agree, that any PSO2 player should give NGS a try, as the game play is fun, and much more accessible in terms of augmenting gear.
    yea, it has its pros, which is why I encourage people to focus on PSO2 as soon as they can, because NGS continues to get updated, so may as well make the most of PSO2, then try out NGS, then go from there and decide which to stay with. or maybe alternate.

I agree that being patient and saving money is smart. I wouldn't say buying an Xbox for PSO2 would be required, my buddy and I made that risk simply because we could and we were hyped for a game we have been waiting for since 2013. We were aware how late this was, yet still took the opportunity because why waste it, we have been waiting for it. I think having a balance is important actually, because we want to prop up the positives, but let the company know the negatives so those can be improved upon. At the moment, the only *negative* I see is lack of content which, isn't a major deterrent. However, I agree with letting people enjoy the game at their own pace, and they will learn themselves that things are slow. What will most likely happen is they will be patient and wait for new content, like myself and my buddy have been doing. We intend to play on August 3rd and give it a try again since the cap is at level 60 now.
    ah yes. its ok to get Xbox and PC for it if people are willing to invest in that, though yea its great the rest of us waiting 10 years, get to play it eventually and play PSO2, and NGS gets updates, so people can make use of PSO2 before NGS. so people are getting more options than before with platform and content.
    I agree that we shouldn't fight internally. I think it's important we understand each other, and help each other if possible. However, I'm not entirely on the same page of considering Sega as generous here. There are many games with the F2P model, and it's always clear to consumers that it's done because there is more opportunities to make more money in that manner.
    well I respect your view on Sega. Sega makes mistakes, however, I feel even though it took Microsoft to get them to make ports and localizations happen, Sega is putting the work in. and PSO2 and NGS will be free to play on PS4 english too, and at least PSO2 is in a league of its own that no F2P nor buy to play nor fee based mmorpg can match at all. Blizzard's ARPG series PSO was inspired by, is miniscule and low graphics and simple spammy combat compared to what even PSU offered. Guild Wars, FFXI, WoW, FFXIV, none of them is anything like PSO games. NGS is its own sauce too. so overall, F2P with microtransactions with these exclusive artistic and gameplay qualities only found in PSO2 and NGS, Sega is in ways super generous compared to other companies like activision, square enix, capcom, bandai namco, would charge people a lot of money up front. with PSO2/NGS people save hundreds of dollars over the years without having to pay a penny to play them. meanwhile FFXIV is well developed in a sense with over the top storytelling (depressing to me, though) and different quantities, but to many veterans tired of it, it's a one trick pony and reskinned routine more people are having enough of. WoW has been in a decline. but PSO2 and NGS is still inviting in different ways unexplainable and really one of the most accessible high quality community games out there. even single player series like Xenoblade and Star Ocean can't match them. So really with all PSO2 and NGS offers, Sega is very generous going with the F2P model when, like Black Desert, they could have charged a buy to play pricing, and a subscription fee on top of that like they did with PSU's online and gamecube PSO. but PSO2 and NGS is absolutely free, and this isn't some tacked on gatcha game found on mobile. and I read there are ingame currency methods to unlock more inventory space, I think there is a guide somewhere. so fundamentally, SEGA is super generous even though they had to had Microsoft convince them to make these games ported and translated in the west. and they could have been complacent with just Xbox and PC english, but they are putting the work in for PS4 english version and perhaps PS5 can play it too, so Sega does deserve respect where credit is due.

well glad its getting localized on PS4, cause english PS4 gamers dont wanna spend hundreds of dollars to play it, nor put up with PC exclusive troubleshooting like this https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2NGS/com...3syp/pso2_fix/

but PSO2 and NGS is still inviting in different ways unexplainable and really one of the most accessible high quality community games out there. even single player series like Xenoblade and Star Ocean can't match them.
    I've never seen someone put Sega on such a high pedestal as you, it's really odd. I guess if I stay blind to everything I would agree with this

So really with all PSO2 and NGS offers, Sega is very generous going with the F2P model when, like Black Desert, they could have charged a buy to play pricing, and a subscription fee on top of that like they did with PSU's online and gamecube PSO.
    MMO models changed over time, they are doing nothing special but following the current trends to make more money with their f2p, they aren't being "generous", this is literally most game mobiles now a days especially mobile

but PSO2 and NGS is absolutely free, and this isn't some tacked on gatcha game found on mobile. and I read there are ingame currency methods to unlock more inventory space, I think there is a guide somewhere.
    It is Gacha but with $2s a spin for random Fashion which btw is the biggest source of money making for this game in case you didn't know. The game wouldn't survive if they didn't have others spending every 2 weeks. Just because YOU decide to not spend a dime doesn't mean this game would survive with other players doing the same. Sega has their Gacha tactics in the game, just a matter if you're finally going to spend money on the game at some point, either now or year into the game.

so fundamentally, SEGA is super generous even though they had to had Microsoft convince them to make these games ported and translated in the west. and they could have been complacent with just Xbox and PC english, but they are putting the work in for PS4 english version and perhaps PS5 can play it too, so Sega does deserve respect where credit is due.
    Giving a company lots of money to port their game over to their console will get them to do that, it's not like Phil Spencer said "he, it would be really cool if you ported over PSO2/NGS to our Xbox platform. Thanks". Nothing amazing happened for this, it's literally all just business and with a PS4 version already on JP, all they have to do is small work to make the English translations work. It's low effort for them and it's also a "hey, lets put it on the PS4/5 now and make more money". There's very likely another case of the Console Exclusivity deal that seems likely to have been done considering it's been a year since Global release for Xbox and Playstation users can now play it with the door opening for them but you, me and anyone else would never know this unless Sega outright says it themselves.

well glad its getting localized on PS4, cause english PS4 gamers dont wanna spend hundreds of dollars to play it, nor put up with PC exclusive troubleshooting like this https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2NGS/com...3syp/pso2_fix/
    Gameguard/Nprotect have always been an issue but not a serious one, usually just end up deleting the folder and it re-downloads and solves the issue. It's such a small issue that happens it's not that big a deal for people to get passed so this cherry picking PC issues isn't going to work. How about you go dig up some of the console performance issues NGS has had in the past? Except this time, you can't do anything about it until next maintenance, emergency maintenance or a software update is ready for your console.

As for spending hundreds of dollars on this f2p game, don't worry, you may not have to pay to play but they'll definitely get money from you doing those AC/SG scratches that come into rotation over time, fomo, etc. Again, YOU might not spend now but others will, just takes time with w/e mental reasoning you have for doing it.

Anyways, enjoy PSO2/NGS when it's out but definitely don't expect the PSO2 blocks to be like full or jam packed, they're essentially almost dead on both servers. You might get like MAYBE half or if you're lucky one full block on PSO2c but thats granted the people you're expecting to want to go that game first over playing NGS. Last thing I could say is to stop putting Sega on such a high pedestal, they haven't shown that they've been worth it for quite some time
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

"they haven't shown they been worth it for quite some time"? yet you still play PSO2? that's a rather conflicting statement downplaying the things they did right yet still playing a game that is on its 10th anniversary and still active. meanwhile, I could list a lot of empty online games, including fighting games, that make PSO2 and NGS online look at least like a lively village.

Also localizing on PS4 is not as easy as it sounds. that requires time, and more work and money than anyone outside the industry inner walls have a clue how it all comes together. the medium is so complex, without good developers that know what they're doing, there could be glitches and other issues, and each platform is different. One example how complex development is, is notice how even experienced legendary companies like From Software have a history of bad ports on PC, and not just them, porting, localizations, it requires a lot more organization and effort that we that just play these games aren't aware of. its easy to say its easy, but to do it oneself? people outside the business wouldnt know where to begin.

so Im not placing Sega on a higher pedestal as much as giving credit where credit is due. there are a lot of companies that would just give up and just invest in mobile gaming and that's it, or become a Konami that these days just makes collections of 8 bit/16 bit games. Sega could have been done after PSU, but they made PSO2, and NGS, and it would be ungrateful to not acknowledge these games can matter to more people on english PS4, the retention rate may vary, but if even a remaster of a PS3 port like Virtua Fighter 5 FS into VF5US can still have a daily dedicated playerbase online over a year later (and did so well that a VF6 is seriously being considered with Sega), then PSO2 and NGS could increase its fanbase and playerbase with english PS4 players.

PSO2 and NGS can matter more to the PS4 newcomers than a lot of veterans that been there year 1. So in the topic of PSO2 and NGS, people shouldnt be so hard on SEGA, because they definitely are doing more for PSO fans that like the latest offerings.

and yes, the ones that pay microtransactions/gacha for cosmetics and stuff, that is ok, I would chip in too to support the games, after all its free up front, contributing with microtransactions is the least one can do as thanks for making these masterpieces available to current platforms. there are fans that sure dont want PSO2 and NGS to be left behind like what happened to PSU. so there is much good to experience out of them and NGS is still young and has potential. it won't be ideal for everyone, but it does stand out in a good way for those that like it.

and the localization/ports on Xbox and PC generated so much more money for SEGA in just a few months, so can PS4 english regions, they did the math so they know its worth the investment. Xbox and PC reception proved that no matter how old a masterpiece is, its still a masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    I like your optimism but I'd love to see how it goes 2-3 months after the platform release. NA community seems to be rather positive over this game compare to the english community in JP version and likely the JP community itself. Also, I saw around 2.3% player increase on Steam over Retem vs Kvaris region in the NA version, at least according to the active player count there. So maybe for NA version this PS4 might be a good thing, but we'll see.

lol delusional fan just refuse to believe this game is a burn and crash.

Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis
    playing an hour ago

OOF! big oof, even the trashbag like bless unleashed got 3 times player more than NGS
    Last edited by sol_trigger; Aug 3, 2022 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    lol delusional fan just refuse to believe this game is a burn and crash.

Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis
    playing an hour ago

OOF! big oof, even the trashbag like bless unleashed got 3 times player more than NGS
    253 for a game that was offline is pretty good. (´• ω •`)