Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Yay we will surely go to 5000 players, to come back to 3000

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bojji View Post
    Yay we will surely go to 5000 players, to come back to 3000
    I would rather be optimistic. xD PS4 has sold over 116,000,000 units worldwide, even among asian countries there are regions of players that know english but don't know japanese. combined with the fact that it will be free to play on PS4, not requiring PS Plus subscription like Fortnite doesn't require it, and on top of Xbox and PC crossplay confirmed, think the ships may get overloaded. Devs tend to underestimate initial numbers.

If even FFXIV can have so many players playing it despite the subscription fee, then PSO2 not requiring fee at all can bring in way more players. Plus there are also people seeking a quality social space on PS4 in english. PSO2 on PS4 english can bring in and retain more players than expected. this isn't something meh like The Elder Scrolls Online, and FFXIV is old news to PS4 players and many are fed up paying the fee and others want a brand new multiplayer rpg to play. With almost a decade worth of content, QoL, updates and story expansions, PSO2 can really have the most fans on PS4 with this localized debut.

This isn't some game of Pong. this is PSO2. and while people debate whether NGS is good or not, its still worth exploring for a while even if people go back to PSO2, NGS still has stuff worth checking out. so PS4 english communities really get a better deal than if they started when it first released. So its really worth the wait for true fans and people that live in the present and have yet to experience it all.

It really is illogical some people spamming "it's too late", it seems they really don't care for this series as much as others do and even those that don't know how valuable PSO2 is to them until they start playing it. This PSO2 is gonna brighten the days for a lot of people out there that purely play on PS4 in english, as well as those that have a region compatible account to play with english players cause english is not limited to western countries, and PS4 is region free.

So could say PSO2 could be a surprise success. It would be absolutely insane if it tanks. If even Valkyria Chronicles could wow Sega's expectations on PC, PSO2 should really break record numbers with its debut in english on PS4, and I think PS5 can play it too since its backwards compatible. so thats even more players.

really theres no other rival in the market with as much replay value and play incentives like PSO2 and what it can do for english PS4 region players from a social standpoint also. There are rare games with social spaces like Xenoverse 2, but PSO2 is in a league of its own on that and more (plus has free chat, whereas bandai namco games only allow preset messages).

various games are releasing in the coming months, but they are mostly single player games that are merely movie rentals, whereas PSO2 is more like a way of life. and it actually has beautiful artstyle and charismatic character designs, unlike Starfield.

finally, all 10 PS4/5 players who have been waiting can play PSO2 & NGS after so many years and then complain about every little thing
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    finally, all 10 PS4/5 players who have been waiting can play PSO2 & NGS after so many years and then complain about every little thing
    Not sure if that is sarcasm or half serious. though most people actually just play the game and enjoy it while the complainers are in the minority.
    And PS4 and PS5 have way more PSO fans than Xbox and possibly PC considering PSO started as a console game. Many PS4 and PS5 players played PSO on Dreamcast, episode 1 and 2 on gamecube, Phantasy Star Universe on PS3 or Xbox360, and maybe visited PSO2 on PS4 Japan account but left cause the language barrier just makes it too uncomfortable to play effeciently and get the most out of it (hence a major reason why its essential for foreign games to be translated/localized so they are fully understandable.)

And then there's the newcomers mainstream masses on PS4 that haven't played a Phantasy Star before, but will cause PSO2 and NGS will be totally free to play and not require PS Plus at all just like Fornite and other free to play games, they get much more numbers cause people dont have to pay a penny to jump right in. Sega and Sony are not investing in this if they didnt do the math. Sega made record numbers with the localization and ports of PSO2 on Xbox One and PC, so PS4 has another giant goldmine waiting for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    what, is this not what you wanted?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

I like your optimism but I'd love to see how it goes 2-3 months after the platform release. NA community seems to be rather positive over this game compare to the english community in JP version and likely the JP community itself. Also, I saw around 2.3% player increase on Steam over Retem vs Kvaris region in the NA version, at least according to the active player count there. So maybe for NA version this PS4 might be a good thing, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    Not sure if that is sarcasm or half serious. though most people actually just play the game and enjoy it while the complainers are in the minority.
    And PS4 and PS5 have way more PSO fans than Xbox and possibly PC considering PSO started as a console game. Many PS4 and PS5 players played PSO on Dreamcast, episode 1 and 2 on gamecube, Phantasy Star Universe on PS3 or Xbox360, and maybe visited PSO2 on PS4 Japan account but left cause the language barrier just makes it too uncomfortable to play effeciently and get the most out of it (hence a major reason why its essential for foreign games to be translated/localized so they are fully understandable.)
    Sony fans are not the biggest fans of Phantasy Star, idk where you got this from but if thats what you personally think then so be it. As for those who went through the trouble of playing the JP version on their PS4, they're very few and far between and last I remembered, most of them gave up due to not being able to read JP and well, at the time it was basically a huge cope for a Global release which finally happened so naturally they'd hop to those available platforms.

PSO fans played on their preferred platform, either DC, Xbox, GC or PC. PSU fans had PS2+PC/360 as their choice and over time the PS2+PC community dwindled and those 2 had to be shutdown with only the Xbox version remaining here in the West. Phantasy Star Universe was never released for the PS3 in the West or Japan. Most people know the PSO2 history of platform releases so I'm going to go over this.

TLDR: Sony fans are not the biggest Phantasy Star fan base in existence, doesn't matter if one console has sold more than the other because it does not mean every single Playstation or Xbox owner cares to play the game let alone an actual fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    what, is this not what you wanted?
    i guess, it'll just be really nice to see people stop complaining about this now.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    I like your optimism but I'd love to see how it goes 2-3 months after the platform release. NA community seems to be rather positive over this game compare to the english community in JP version and likely the JP community itself. Also, I saw around 2.3% player increase on Steam over Retem vs Kvaris region in the NA version, at least according to the active player count there. So maybe for NA version this PS4 might be a good thing, but we'll see.
    They're more positive because they've been playing the game for a couple of years compared everyone else who's been playing since 2012 or pre-Global release. It's still an all new experience for them and they haven't gotten a full taste of how Sega does content up until NGS. I just wish most Global players would stop over glorifying the small updates as though they were the best things to happen because a drop of content finally got added to the game.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The bottom line is that PSO2 is one of the greatest games ever, and will be free to play on english PS4 PSN, which has over a hundred million users.
    Free game, a quality game, it doesn't matter how old a game is. a game won't register on a platform/region customers minds until its literally available on their store and region to play in language they understand.

So PSO2 counts as a new quality game, a new quality experience for soloers and multiplayer people.
    a lot of people seek social and cooperative games, which are in more demand because the market has too many competitive games.

PSO2 is easy to pick up and play, it has its complexities, but PSO2 doubles as a social space. See how Xenoverse 2 is still highly populated despite being a small and very basic version of what the PSO series pioneered on console. PSO2 is in a position this summer to become mainstream on english PS4.

Like Fortnite battle royale, it does not require PS Plus to play, which means literally every PS4 player can access it and play it! no strings attached.

it has character creation, it has fashion incentives, it has co-op, its family friendly, it still looks and plays great. it has almost a decade worth of content, so people won't run out of new things to do unlike how PSU launched its online in very small doses, and PSO which only had like 4 types of dungeons.

its fast paced and fluid, refining the PSO formula that makes the series unrivaled in a lot of aspects, it even adopts some breakthroughs PSU introduced like apartments. PSO2 is more than a game , its a way of life, and PS4 english communities would benefit from learning this.

and even between all the big games releasing in the coming months, PSO2 will still be there, and a lot of mainstreamers really seek something like PSO2 where they get red carpet treatment of features and social enviornment that makes the experience more lively, unpredictable and immersive.
    really there is no other game that can substitute PSO2. and also consider there are people that haven't played a PSO before, so playing PSO2 english on ps4 to them will feel like how we played PSO first time on Dreamcast, though with a lot of QoL and improvements.

it would be absolutely absurd if PS4 english regions sleep on this and overlook it. it is only logical the mainstream would become obsessed with PSO2. there is definitely a fanbase for it on PS4 english, most just don't know they want it until they discover and explore PSO2.
    there is no other F2P game as good on consoles. and its formula is more entertaining and welcoming than conventional mmorpgs. even if the learning curve/difficulty curve becomes overwhelming for them, they could stay for the community, play casually and have a great time.

Hey everyone.
    I am Super stoked to be finally able to play Phantasy star online 2 on my Playstation since it releases on 31st August 2022.
    I have waited 10 years to finally say this.
    I really want to connect to other Playstation People and especially People that want to play pso2 classic from the start or want to help a new comer. Since we playstation people never had the chance.
    Let us create a community and a group on PSN so we can get hyped up and excited to finally play the game soon.
    If you know somebody that is gonna play the PlayStation version please let them know too. 💕