Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RuskoStar View Post
    Hey everyone.
    I am Super stoked to be finally able to play Phantasy star online 2 on my Playstation since it releases on 31st August 2022.
    I have waited 10 years to finally say this.
    I really want to connect to other Playstation People and especially People that want to play pso2 classic from the start or want to help a new comer. Since we playstation people never had the chance.
    Let us create a community and a group on PSN so we can get hyped up and excited to finally play the game soon.
    If you know somebody that is gonna play the PlayStation version please let them know too. 💕
    I seen that TERA is over in the west, including PS4, that could bring in even more players to move to PSO2 english on PS4! I'll check what will be the go to ships for PS4 english communities, then go from there to add friends.

Oh you right Tera os done too... Even more for us. God i am excited for this game. Add me on playstation: RuskoStar

Quote Originally Posted by RuskoStar View Post
    Oh you right Tera os done too... Even more for us. God i am excited for this game. Add me on playstation: RuskoStar
    PSO2 has an ingame friends list system does it? we could use that. I don't wanna be chatting about it on PSN for two months that would make the wait longer lol. on this site when it releases, we can make a PS4 english community topic and agree on a ship to meet at and add friends list there after we determine what the mainstream crowd will pick cause its good to join a lively ship.

Anyone else kinda finding it hilarious that the "PS twins" are bookending? PSO2 was essentially at the beginning of the PS4's life. And now, a decade later, they're finally releasing it in English...just as the PS4 is on its deathbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzakura View Post
    Anyone else kinda finding it hilarious that the "PS twins" are bookending? PSO2 was essentially at the beginning of the PS4's life. And now, a decade later, they're finally releasing it in English...just as the PS4 is on its deathbed.
    a good whopper is still a good sandwich

perhaps Sega planned it like that or it just so happened to be the plan after Microsoft helped them with the costs to bring it over to Xbox and PC in english, and so Sega found that opportunity to save the english PS4 version for last. it is a clever strategy to rekindle PSO2 usage longer. maybe they did plan to eventually localize it, but Microsoft actually helped Sega test the waters on Xbox and PC, and with the double digit numbers they made from those versions in just a few months, totally convinced them there is lots of money waiting on english PS4 (Sega sometimes wanders into common sense by accident, but has to be held by the hand sometimes.)

Sony said PS4 is still being supported for 3 years, and even now PS3 games are still playable online, so newcomers and veterans have time to make the most of PSO2 with the PS4 english community beginning a new generation of fans and active playerbase.

even after Sony drops support, think PSN would still be active on PS4, and then there's PS5 which is backwards compatible, haven't read much on PS5 details, but PS5 could have PSO2 still playable even if PS4 has PSN dropped, but it is rolling in money, so like PS3, Sony would still keep it on.

there are millions of PS4 gamers that will stick with PS4 even after PS5 starts getting significant pricedrops. if PSO2 fans on PS4 english want to continue playing PSO2 and if PS4 psn is dropped, they would move to PS5 is they have to, but as long as PSN is up on PS4, the most dedicated fans would still play it on PS4 english. there's also the question how long Sega would support the servers, but look how old DC Universe Online is, and PSO2 is way more popular and appealing.

So yea this is still great timing than if PSO2 started internationally. it still counts as brand new to customers even to veterans that played a little of the Japanese version and stopped after a few missions. and saves people hundreds of dollars. some moved to PC and XBox One to play it first time in english, but everyone else won't play PSO2 until August 31, 2022. so there are waves of newcomers and PSO veterans that been waiting for official PS4 localization. So I would say the timing is right and first impressions will be much better than when PSO2 started out.

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    Not sure if that is sarcasm or half serious. though most people actually just play the game and enjoy it while the complainers are in the minority.
    First, you're lying. See the astronomically low number of players then you'll be able to cry about the fact you strictly understand nothing. Second, most of players who still connect keep coming because they enjoy playing the pitiful Slut Waifu Simulator this game has become. Third, people have as much the right to despise NGS that you have the right to like it. So, take your moral lessons and stick them in your @$$.

I will, to this day, never believe a single person in this thread (or anywhere else on this planet) that waited purely for a PS4/5 release without actually attempting to do the PC version at minimum since 2012 or even Global's release. Thats plenty and ample amount of time for anyone to get a job, earn money & buy a new PC/parts to make playing PSO2 a reality for you. You would have to be incredibly unwilling or flat out lazy to bother trying any alternatives outside sitting and waiting for the Playstation version to happen for PSO2.

and while I wouldn't have said word for word with what Terrence said, to a degree I agree with him and as for Saner, it feels they're too misguided or very likely and very ill informed about whats actually been going on with the game for the past 10yrs much less NGS's first year.

I'm not going to write out an essay about the state of the game, if you think the majority of the current playerbase plays because their so "happy" then you are severely mistaken because complainers aren't are minority either and there are many factors that go into this, NEGATIVE ones for why people feel the way they do and the biggest one's atm is: lack of content and handling of the game since it's release and dare I say the man in charge (HMZK) of NGS right now was the one who almost killed PSO2 back during Ep 5.

looking forward to you getting caught up in game and getting to realize how bleak this game is, seasonals and recycled content brought back from base is not remotely fun or engaging and my view of "fun" isn't subjective either because no one in their right mind thinks adding a Tower Defense Quest to each region is super amazing considering we had like idk 10 Tower Defense quests & variations back in base PSO2. You on the other hand haven't experienced any of this, so naturally you're going to think all this is amazing and enjoyable which is not a bad thing at all but you need to understand the current situation of the game and how's going or I guess stay ignorant to it all. Up to you, don't care, enjoy PSO2
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jul 27, 2022 at 06:02 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    First, you're lying. See the astronomically low number of players then you'll be able to cry about the fact you strictly understand nothing. Second, most of players who still connect keep coming because they enjoy playing the pitiful Slut Waifu Simulator this game has become. Third, people have as much the right to despise NGS that you have the right to like it. So, take your moral lessons and stick them in your @$$.
    You have a very corrupt mind. There is no reasoning with evil people filled with so much bigotry and hatred that they can't even comment without resorting to rude insults and labeling female characters as sluts or waifus (which is really what sexists, prudes and misogynists call them in derogatory fashion). Its a wonder why you would even visit a PSO2/NGS related topic in the first place. Is this the limit of your purpose? Spreading negativity, pessimism and hate?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    I will, to this day, never believe a single person in this thread (or anywhere else on this planet) that waited purely for a PS4/5 release without actually attempting to do the PC version at minimum since 2012 or even Global's release. Thats plenty and ample amount of time for anyone to get a job, earn money & buy a new PC/parts to make playing PSO2 a reality for you. You would have to be incredibly unwilling or flat out lazy to bother trying any alternatives outside sitting and waiting for the Playstation version to happen for PSO2.

and while I wouldn't have said word for word with what Terrence said, to a degree I agree with him and as for Saner, it feels they're too misguided or very likely and very ill informed about whats actually been going on with the game for the past 10yrs much less NGS's first year.

I'm not going to write out an essay about the state of the game, if you think the majority of the current playerbase plays because their so "happy" then you are severely mistaken because complainers aren't are minority either and there are many factors that go into this, NEGATIVE ones for why people feel the way they do and the biggest one's atm is: lack of content and handling of the game since it's release and dare I say the man in charge (HMZK) of NGS right now was the one who almost killed PSO2 back during Ep 5.

looking forward to you getting caught up in game and getting to realize how bleak this game is, seasonals and recycled content brought back from base is not remotely fun or engaging and my view of "fun" isn't subjective either because no one in their right mind thinks adding a Tower Defense Quest to each region is super amazing considering we had like idk 10 Tower Defense quests & variations back in base PSO2. You on the other hand haven't experienced any of this, so naturally you're going to think all this is amazing and enjoyable which is not a bad thing at all but you need to understand the current situation of the game and how's going or I guess stay ignorant to it all. Up to you, don't care, enjoy PSO2
    Your first mistake is not thinking outside your bubble to see the reality of the industry is that most people will stick with the platform they prefer. You will not convince millions of PS4 players to game on PC nor Xbox (and vice versa), even if it's a game they been waiting 10 years for a localization confirmation. PSO2 is coming to PS4 in english. It is a fact. We patient PSO fans won, while you are stuck in your own delusion think everyone's impressions of PSO2 will be the same as yours.

Your second mistake is having the attitude that those that think differently from you are no smarter. Your pessimistic views cloud your judgement of PSO2 and you sound like an elitist that thinks they know better when you are mistakening your opinions for facts. You don't decide that is right or wrong or what is good or bad about PSO2. that is for each individual to decide. not everyone are ingrates, and clearly PSO2 is much better managed than how Phantasy Star Universe's online turned out. So clearly, you been spoiled by PSO2 and do not appreciate it like others would.

you may call PS4/console gamers lazy, but hundreds of millions of console gamers worldwide through the history of gaming, find console gaming more convenient than PC gaming. for millions of people, PC gaming is more trouble and expensive than its worth. PSO2 was originally devloped and optimized for PS4. whereas on PC, depending on specs and other factors, PSO2 could look and run worse than on PS4. also security is lower on PC. So get off your high horse. if anyone is misguided, its you negative nancies that take things for granted. https://www.escapistmagazine.com/whe...han-its-worth/
    Last edited by Saner; Jul 27, 2022 at 08:22 PM.

Your first mistake is not thinking outside your bubble to see the reality of the industry is that most people will stick with the platform they prefer. You will not convince millions of PS4 players to game on PC nor Xbox (and vice versa), even if it's a game they been waiting 10 years for a localization confirmation. PSO2 is coming to PS4 in english. It is a fact. We patient PSO fans won, while you are stuck in your own delusion think everyone's impressions of PSO2 will be the same as yours.
    i dont care how hard of a Sony fan you are anyone is, my main point is anyone whoever wanted to play PSO2 since it's release would go through the actual effort to do so. I'm not sure why you don't understand this, I absolutely not do not care that you and a handful of others decided to not do anything but go about your life until this point. It's only a victory for yourself, definitely not over me because all the people I know who wanted to play are already playing before this announcement happened.

Your second mistake is having the attitude that those that think differently from you are no smarter. Your pessimistic views cloud your judgement of PSO2 and you sound like an elitist that thinks they know better when you are mistakening your opinions for facts. You don't decide that is right or wrong or what is good or bad about PSO2. that is for each individual to decide. not everyone are ingrates, and clearly PSO2 is much better managed than how Phantasy Star Universe's online turned out. So clearly, you been spoiled by PSO2 and do not appreciate it like others would.
    I've played everygame, I learn it's positive and negatives but I don't live in sheer ignorance to think that PSU of all games is perfect (because it's not) and for something of a frankenstein PSO2 ended up becoming because of Directors changing every episode and content never being fully fleshed out or done or flat out cut because of mistakes the developers made over time. I've been spoiled by nothing, I choose not to live in ignorance like others because this encourages Sega to continue making bad decisions for the game over time but thanks to people like you, it'll continue to go the way it is.

you may call PS4/console gamers lazy, but hundreds of millions of console gamers worldwide through the history of gaming, find console gaming more convenient than PC gaming. for millions of people, PC gaming is more trouble and expensive than its worth.
    I'm calling people who refused to attempt actually play the game lazy, the ones who sat around and got lucky that Sega decided to finally push the PS4 version out to the West instead of locking it only to JP players (which again, isn't a bad thing for Sega to do).

PSO2 was originally devloped and optimized for PS4. whereas on PC, depending on specs and other factors, PSO2 could look and run worse than on PS4. also security is lower on PC.
    Phantasy Star Online 2 - Released July 4th, 2012
    Playstation 4 Home Console - Released November 15th, 2013

Please do some basic research, not only was PSO2 NOT developed & optimized for the PS4, the PS4 wasn't even released until over a year after it was out on PC. Your console is not virus proof or hack proof, you can run into the same exact issues as a PC not to mention a Video Game Console is literally a PC.

So get off your high horse. if anyone is misguided, its you negative nancies that take things for granted. https://www.escapistmagazine.com/whe...han-its-worth/
    Genuinely people who don't want to learn basics about PC parts or who are very misinformed are the ones who avoid building PC's. You can choose to blame the current prices which to an extent is true, it's very pricey but we're talking about years prior to the current price hike on builds which again, falls under those who cared enough to really want to play the game could have done so.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers