Red face Looking for new players for Playstation release.

Hey everyone.
    I am Super stoked to be finally able to play Phantasy star online 2 on my Playstation since it releases on 31st August 2022.
    I have waited 10 years to finally be able to.
    I really want to connect to other Playstation People and/or especially People that want to play pso2 classic from the start or want to help a new comer. Since we playstation people never had the chance.
    Let us create a community and a group on PSN so we can get hyped up and excited to finally play the game soon.
    If you know somebody that is gonna play the PlayStation version please let them know too. 💕

Also do you think it makes sense to start pso2 classic at this time?

think more people still start discussing what ship to join and stuff when the release is around the corner. its silence before the storm. I heard rumor we have to progress NGS a little before we can access PSO2. not sure what that is about, but it could be useful to learn how things flow and stuff. but even if NGS is required, I would just progress in that until PSO2 is unlocked, or start PSO2 right away if available. https://steamcommunity.com/app/10566...3324252359057/ https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/commen...e_ship_in_ngs/

People have to choose carefully, cause different people have different standards and preferences. like for example some may want to join the largest population ship, while some want a specific balance so prices aren't as high or something, and there is also the factor of traffic during launch, some prefer to have a decent population ship that isn't full and difficult to enter consistently, while others dont mind the wait and the effort to get into the most popular ship. and then there are those that want to decide a ship is that only or mostly only newcomers.

and then there are those that want a ship where their friends and family are able to join too without issues, but at the sametime don't want to be the only ones there. So this is something everyone got to figure out over these next weeks though it may not be really understood until the release happens and then people can gauge and learn what ships are being selected.

so perhaps polls in active communities that participate in the poll, could have options that effectively have choices so that the poll results could accurately give an idea what kinds of players are picking which ship, and stuff like that. and people have to factor not only are people planning to join others they meet in forums and stuff, but also their PSN friends to consider, etc so this is something to carefully plan and get an agreement with all involved and have similiar preferences of ship population and community expectations. cause think most may prefer a ship of newcomers, though it remains to be seen how much changes with ship populations and types of players choose for a ship.

I am on ship 2. If you pick that, I would love to help. (Base PSO2 only, not NGS)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    I am on ship 2. If you pick that, I would love to help. (Base PSO2 only, not NGS)

hows the population there? you think after August 31, ship 2 might get too full? A common issue mmorpgs in particular have, is people trying to squeeze into the same most popular server, which has no room for everyone. so some may resort to choosing another server, though that in itself is a risk because less popular server might result in less players on average after its launch period. so it may be a matter of finding a balance. cause just like there are PC and XBox that still play and here to stay on Ship 2, so would PS4 players, so it would be a matter if there would be room left for the longterm players, or Ship 2 might stay full for long that others may resort to other ships. not sure how ship 3 and ship 4 are like. and its important to pick a ship to dedicate to, so maybe I would try out ship 2 if there is room, and have another created in another ship as an alternative.

and I think there might be PS4 communities that may vote on a ship for mostly newcomers. though its unknown what communities are out there and what they are planning. so the population numbers will have significant changes once english PS4 starts. maybe there might be a ship as populated like ship 2. PS4 has over 116,000,000 units worldwide, PSO2 and NGS will be free to play without requiring PS Plus (standard feature of free PSN games), there will be crossplay with Xbox and PC, so factoring those things in, think population numbers could be very active and populated over the months at least, not sure if there is a way to measure how big each ship numbers are, in another game, there are sites where people can check server population/popularity, but not sure if PSO2 has something like that to know the status and quantities. if even Black Desert on PS4 still has significant numbers, PSO2 NGS being free to play, could have even more dedicated players and many will choose it as their social space too. so it could bring in lots more players than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Saner View Post
    hows the population there? you think after August 31, ship 2 might get too full? A common issue mmorpgs in particular have, is people trying to squeeze into the same most popular server, which has no room for everyone. so some may resort to choosing another server, though that in itself is a risk because less popular server might result in less players on average after its launch period. so it may be a matter of finding a balance. cause just like there are PC and XBox that still play and here to stay on Ship 2, so would PS4 players, so it would be a matter if there would be room left for the longterm players, or Ship 2 might stay full for long that others may resort to other ships. not sure how ship 3 and ship 4 are like. and its important to pick a ship to dedicate to, so maybe I would try out ship 2 if there is room, and have another created in another ship as an alternative.

and I think there might be PS4 communities that may vote on a ship for mostly newcomers. though its unknown what communities are out there and what they are planning. so the population numbers will have significant changes once english PS4 starts. maybe there might be a ship as populated like ship 2. PS4 has over 116,000,000 units worldwide, PSO2 and NGS will be free to play without requiring PS Plus (standard feature of free PSN games), there will be crossplay with Xbox and PC, so factoring those things in, think population numbers could be very active and populated over the months at least, not sure if there is a way to measure how big each ship numbers are, in another game, there are sites where people can check server population/popularity, but not sure if PSO2 has something like that to know the status and quantities. if even Black Desert on PS4 still has significant numbers, PSO2 NGS being free to play, could have even more dedicated players and many will choose it as their social space too. so it could bring in lots more players than expected.
    I don't think it *will* get too full, but it may depending on how much come through. I won't deny that PSO2 has the capability to bring that much hype, it did at Global beta. However, things are very slow right now population wise. Ship 2 was the english ship on PSO2 JP, and since it was a habit, was used as a standard for Global, however there was some people wanting to pick Ship 1 as an alternative. So that may be your pick for an alternative server.

population 1.jpg

I had a print screen of NGS blocks on Ship 2 but file was too large. Anyway, that's how the blocks look on Ship 2 at this time of the night in Base PSO2, and usually only one block is heavily populated as you see now. I am not sure if there is a way to measure how big each ship is numerically though, if there is I don't know it. The population is only slightly better during the day.

If you do join Ship 2, feel free to message me if you'd like to play. I hope you enjoy PSO2.
    Last edited by Ranmaru; Jul 30, 2022 at 01:22 AM.

thanks! you can be very helpful to newcomers to find a good ship. though I built a sour reputation here, I rather stay anonymous, lol. sure don't want haters here harrassing me. I already made enemies through sheer disagreements. Oh hey, how effective is the process to blacklist/mute people on PSO2/NGS?

That is fair. I think a person harassed my alliance, and basically we could just make it so we can ignore what they are saying to us, but they could still be in our presence if they knew our hang spot. However that was for PSO2, I am not sure how it would be for NGS but that is why I try to stay drama free because I would not want to deal with that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru View Post
    That is fair. I think a person harassed my alliance, and basically we could just make it so we can ignore what they are saying to us, but they could still be in our presence if they knew our hang spot. However that was for PSO2, I am not sure how it would be for NGS but that is why I try to stay drama free because I would not want to deal with that again.
    yea, I would think NGS also has blacklist/block/mute measures so at best bad people don't mess up the mood.

ah what do you use, wi-fi or cable? people are making preparations and some that can get cable may rather get that. I heard cat5 is now obsolete, since cat5"e" is 1000 mbps better and CAT6 cables are around 10 gigs speeds. whereas wifi might be around the 40 to 50 range depending on things, though is it really noticable whether you play PSO2 on wifi or cable? so you can share your opinions on that which could be informative to readers here, cause I think if people could get a good cable and that happens to have less lag than wifi on PSO2, then it could be a worthwhile purchase.

if you play wifi, do you think it gets the point where you think cable would be better? cause I been playing around with wifi and some games I tried it with feels like Im using cable, but PSO2 may be more demanding with connection speed. so its good to make preparations.

I use an ethernet cable currently. So sadly I can't really give any help that would be informative based on the cable. However, I've noticed some stuttering while playing PSO2 NGS when moving forward and loading zones. A friend told me it was possible that since I have the game installed on a hard drive, that it might load slower than it would if I had it on my SSD drive. So, I thought I'd install it on my Xbox One to see if it would do better, and it actually stuttered even much worse! I will revise my opinion if I ever try Wifi.

I did tests and found cable is in fact more consistent than wifi. I thought it was the same but noticed differences when downloading games, shopping on the PSN Store, lag, slower loading, it really is a difference from when I use cable. some say CAT6 is overdoing it unless someone can generate 10 gigs mbps, but CAT5E should be fine.

I seen content creator videos of keroppi and SpookPSO2/phantomyosha and they are eager to assist newcomers in ship 4 on NGS, though not sure if ships are connected with PSo2, so if I join ship 2 in PSO2, does that mean I would be on ship 2 in NGS? or I can do ship 2 on PSO2 and ship 4 on NGS ?

Im thinking of getting psn credit to purchase premium, I would guess AC currency will be sold on PSN Store so I would use that to get premium. its not essential but hey they are handing out PSO2 and NGS free, so its cool to help out even its a little money contributed there.