Default Dolphin GC PSO Memory Card issues - Help?

Hi all,

I had the itch to replay PSO on Gamecube several weeks ago, and I played the hell out of it for a good week. I was able to use the emulator to save a character and run between Episode 1 and Episode 2. I most recently got to the end of Episode 1 and finally defeated Dark Falz, and upon reaching the end of the credits, the game told me that the save file was corrupt on the memory card and that nothing could be saved. This in turn deleted my character completely.

I still have access to the character by reloading save states from before fighting Dark Falz, but at this point I can no longer save and quit as the 'memory card' is corrupted/not working. Has anyone faced this issue on emulator, and is there any possible way for me to fix the memory card save file, or is there anything else I can do to keep this character?

I really don't want to start over again with the possibility of this issue occurring again.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas that can help me.

Thank you!

You cannot use Save States with PSO on Dolphin, if you do it your save file will get corrupted regardless even if you "overwrite" it by saving it the proper way later on the damage is done by loading from a Save State in the first place.

You will have to begin with a fresh memory card and also make sure to set it to RAW format and not .GCI (Memory Card format in the Dolphin options) and unbind the dolphin hotkeys for loading/saving states to avoid this accident happening again in the future.

It's also a good idea to manually backup your .RAW memory card files in another folder from time to time to keep your character data safe

Well, thank you for your input and guidance. Shame I lost so much time on this character then.