Default Forest 2 Activate Pillar?

This is an embarrassingly noob question:
    In Forest 2, how do I activate the tall brown pillar?
    My game doesn't let me use any buttons on it... what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lmnop View Post
    This is an embarrassingly noob question:
    In Forest 2, how do I activate the tall brown pillar?
    My game doesn't let me use any buttons on it... what am I missing?
    As far as I can recall, the 3 pillars to open the door to the Ruins are activated by the basic action-button that you utilize to talk with NPCs & read the Capsules left behind by Red Ring Rico, etc etc.

Now, you said "my game", so that does leave open the possibility that there is a difference between the versions I have foggy familiarity ((Gamecube & Dreamcast)) and whichever version you're actually playing.
    "For the benefit of everyone/everywhere/everywhen, may these ripples
    catalyze only cascades of goodness, with zero badness resultant.
    Spoken truly and sincerely."

Some versions of the game you had to get to the locked door in the ruins before going back to activate the pillars.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

If my memory's correct...

On a fresh playthrough of the game, the pillars will be inert and you won't be able to interact with them.

Once you've defeated the Mines boss (two areas beyond Forest), you'll find yourself in a small room, with the way forward sealed up. After exiting this area back to Pioneer 2, all the areas will reset. In other words, despite you having just beaten Mines, you'll find yourself wandering into a completely fresh instance of it next time around, even if you remain in the same game session.

From then on, the pillars can be interacted with. You don't need to defeat the Forest or Caves bosses again; you can simply exit the area soon as you've activated the pillars. That progress will also be saved between game sessions, so no need to do all that in one sitting.

Once all three pillars are activated, fight the Mines boss once more to regain access to the small post-boss room, and the way forward should be open. Enter it, and you'll have unlocked the next area. That area will be freely available straight from Pioneer 2 on the next play sessions as well.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

That's it. memory is pretty good there.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury