Exclamation Screenshot from PSO PC's Vela Sever from 2002

6.JPG

this is an old screenshot from Vela server for PSO PC, which first launched back in 2002, although the image was taken during the last moments of the server before it was shutted down. for anyone who is curious. (the main char i used on Vela/Volans was another higher lvl one though)

demographic on Vela/Volans server comprised mainly of chinese players from taiwan and hong kong where the game was released at the time

total population count was at around 30,000 players from 2002-2003

psohk.jpg

here's what the physical version of the official chinese release of PSO PC from 2002 looks like, it was published by "the third wave" which has long gone defunct.

i was active on the Vela and Volens server from 2002-2003, that was exactly 20 years ago. in my old high school we had a PSO club comprised of fellow students from different classes and grades who'd play together, though aside from the guys i already know in my classes, i didn't really know the others all that well due to the age difference (seniors/juniors). however more and more of them were moving onto pso episode 2 on the xbox by the end of 2003, as was the case with the overall playerbase on the server which was gradually dropping, coupled with all the rampant cheating/hacking, which led to the vacant servers eventually being shut down,

i've never replayed PSO on SCHTHACK's server with IVES modified version of PSO PC that he was passing around back in 2005, because i've had my fill with PSO PC during my high school days in both offline and online. athough alot people back then said that PSU is inferior to PSO in atmosphere and gameplay, and prefer replaying PSO on schthack, i had moved onto phantasy star universe on the PC in 2007, when broomop helped me got single player working offline with his gameguard bypass.

so now you know about the history of the 2002-2003 vela/volans server
    Last edited by coolaid; Apr 23, 2023 at 09:49 PM.